mock off seaz

Discussion in 'Draft' started by biggundewayne63, Feb 7, 2013.

1. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

Current cap number:$147,380,333

Cuts:

Bart Scott: Been a good run but too slow and time to go. Savings $7,150,000

Jason Smith: no brainer. Savings 12 million

Sione Pouha: jets overpaid for him as a good locker room guy body has broken down. Savings $3,833,332

Tim Tebow: didn't really work out for us. Savings $1,531,875

Eric Smith: Antonio allen can do what he does for a lot cheaper.]Savings $3,000,000

Restructure:

Calvin Pace: slow and overpaid but I think has another yea left in him and don't want to replace two olb's in the same off seaz restructure and pay him the amount of dead money if we were to cut him. win win. Savings $8,560,000

Total Cap Savings: 36,075,207

Cap money we can bring over from last year:3,600,000

2013 Salary Cap: 120,900,000

2013 Jets Cap after cuts and restructures: 107,705,126

Cap room: 13,194,874

Retire:

Bryan Thomas: older than dirt

Let Walk:

Dustin Keller: was not a fan of his mini hold out and a luxary we cant afford

Mike DeVito: petine will prob overpay to bring him into buffalo

Laron Landry: would love to keep but don't have the cap room someone will overpay

Chaz Shillens: a wr that cant catch

Brandon Moore: time to get younger on the line

Matt Slauson: would rather have vlad and draft pick man the guard slots that over pay for him

.Shonne Greene: not a west coast offense guy need someone more versalit

Lex Hilliard: soprano guy didn't impress me

Isiah Trufant: would like to keep as corner depth someone will overpay ala drew coleman

josh muaga: decent in spot duty but always hurt

Resign:

Yeremiah Bell: played surprisingly well for his age wont command much knows system. 1 yr 900 k

Austin Howard: think he can start in this league another bargain bin resign.1 yr 1 mil

Braylon Edwards: loves it here provides solid #2 wr for cheap . 1 yr 900k

Jeff Cumberland: decent last year in absence of keller comes back to compete with draft pick for starting spot. 1 yr 800k

Nick Folk: has been nothing but clutch 1 yr 700k

Tanner Purdum: no complaints 1 yr 500 k

Free Agents

Matt Moore: think hes an affordable starting caliber nfl qb that will compete with sanchez and win the job. 1 yr 2 mil

Corey Lynch: decent serviceable cheap good character guy who can start at SS. 2 yr 1 mil per.

After resigning some of our own guys and a couple fas the rest of our 5 mil in cap room with have to go towards draft picks.

Round 1:OLB Barkevious Mingo LSU: Will step in right away and start opposite pace at olb

Round 2: RB Giovani Bernard UNC:Good fit for WCO can actually catch the ball out of the backfield and is our new starting rb.

Round 3: OG Alvin Baily Arkansas: Great value in the third round another instant starter

Round 4: TE Travis Kelsey Cincinnati: Versatile tight end that can battle Cumberland for the starting tight end spot

Round 5: DE Lavar Edwards LSU: d end depth to make up for loss of devito

Round 6: TJ Barnes Georgia Tech: 6'7 378 mammoth has a jet pedigree being Fred Baxters cousin.

Round 7: T Braden Brown Brigham Young: OT depth

UDFAs

OT Luke Marquardt AZUSA: project/sleeper pick 6'9

FB Taimi Tutogi Arizzon: Versatile fullback could be a Jerald sowell type, short yardage back, good special teamer

ILB Brandon Hepurn Florida a&m: ild depth

Depth Chart

QB: Moore, Sanchez, McElroy

RB: Bernard, Powell, McKnight

FB: Arizzon

WR: Holmes, Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Gates

TE: Cumberland, Kelsey, Reuland

LT:Brick, Brown, Marquardt

LG: Baily, Schlauderoff, Lanoldt

C:Mangold, Schlauderoff

RG:Vlad, Schlauderoff,Landolt

RT:Howard, Brown. Marquardt

NT:Ellis,Barnes,Harrison

DE:Wilkerson, Coples,

ILB:Harris,Davis,Bellore

OLB: Pace, Mingo, Mcintyre

SS:Lynch,Allen

FS:Bell, Bush

CB:Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Lankster, Berry

K:Folk

P:Malone

LS:purdum

I am against trading revis due to the fact I do not think we can get fair market for him. With this roster we get a lot younger rebuild and if Matt Moore has a decent year combined with getting revis and holmes back I think can make the playoffs at 9-7 while rebuilding and getting out of cap hell at the same time. With mo wilk, coples, and mingo we now have three guys that can get to the qb. Bernard at rb will add some firepower to the offense The fact that I didn't lock any FA's up long term and that I anticipate cutting sanchez and holmes in 2014 will put us in great position. The team will just need a qb which is easier said than done.

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Mingo, ehhh...

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

On Pace, if the Jets pay him the 3.013M dead money figure he still has a cap number of 6.026M this year. They save $5.5M by doing so but they are still screwed on the cap. They're going to need the entire $8.56M savings to skate by.

4. TwentyFour

TwentyFour New Member

I agree with everything you have said (except the Mingo pick, would rather have Jordan or Ansah) if we were to stay with the picks we have. I would like to see us trade down in the first and still pick up an OLB in the teens.

I think the Bengals take Bernard a couple of picks before us. If that happens, Andre Ellington is someone I like a lot. Especially if he's there in the third.

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Mingo wouldn't start right away. He'd come in on obvious passing situations like Maybin. Then hopefully by the season's end Rex will have him able to play some OLB. He's a project. Mingo (like Ansah) looks more like a 4-3 end.

Giovani Bernard would be great but he's the top RB prospect. Very good chance he wont be there in round 2.

Like Alvin Bailey, I think 3rd round is the last round to get an OG good enough to walk in and start.

Travis Kelsey would be nice addition. I've seen him mocked earlier so hopefully he'd still be available by then.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Cordarrelle Patterson with #9 pick.. Enough with defense, we can't score.