Mock Draft 4.0 - final version 04-24-19

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 24, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

With the draft tomorrow i decided to do 1 more and lean towards some more rumors and common sense form what i've been reading. In this version williams and bosa are the top 2 picks as they should be really and the cards stick with rosen

Round 1 Pick 3: Trade
    (Previous Pick: Alllen, Josh OLB/EDGE)
    In this case, with murray slipping to 3 both the raiders (4) and the giants (6) want to make a play at it. Sliding back with the raiders will likely only net a 2nd or 3rd rounder and the pick options between 4-6 won't be that different talent wise IMO for what we get in return. I read in another mock that a fair offer for the giants to move up is their 6th overall, their 2nd round pick (37th overall) and their 2020 1st rounder (which will be top 10 and likely top 5) that's a great haul for us.

Giants get: 3rd overall (murray)
    Jets get: 6th overall, 37th overall, and 2020 1st rounder

Round 1 Pick 6: Oliver, Ed EDGE
    (previous pick: NA)
    assuming the top 5 are bosa, murray, williams, allen, and white that leaves us in a really good spot. We could consider taylor the top LT in the draft but remember next year we should have a 2 picks in the top 15 and one of them likely top 5 so grabbing a LT in that draft would be easy and we use beechum 1 more year. next years o-line class is supposed to be stronger then this years anyway. Personally i'd opt for sweat which may be a little early but some drafts had him top 5 so it's reasonable. with that said on an overall basis oliver is the BPA here which mac tends to like and the jets have been rumored to like oliver a lot. He's listed as a DT technically but feels out of position for that. he's 6'2" 280lbs and runs a 4.7-4.75 40. he's built a lot like ravens longtime OLB adalius thomas which would be his role here and not a DE or DT for us. He'll likely drop a few pounds which will only make him faster and has a nose for getting in the backfield and impressive athleticism for a guy his size. he may not be the prototype 3-4 edge rusher like a allen or sweat but doens't mean he won't be dam good and the jets seem to like him.

Round 1 Pick 29: Bradbury, Garrett OC (via Trade)
    (previous pick: NA)

Bradbury should go late in the 1st round and is the top C in the draft and a big position of need for the jets. The seahawks are picking 29 thanks to the trade they made for frank clark where they got a 1st rounder this year but even with that, they only have 5 total picks in this draft due to trading many away. They only had 4 before that so seattle could look to parlay this pick to get an extra one. The Jets give up the 37th overall (move up 8 spots) and a 4th rounder to seattle to land their center. Jets get the C they desperately need and seattle gets an extra pick they badly need to move back 8 spots.

Round 3 Pick 4: Mullen, Trayvon CB
    (Previous Pick Jenkins, Elgton C)

Previously I had a Center here, but thanks to the trades that has already been addressed with the extra pick we got from sliding back. That means we can address CB here and get a better one then the ones avilable 25 picks later with our next pick so enter Trayvon Mullen. He's tall and fast (6'1" 4.26 40) and had great production in college and projects into an eventual CB2 starter on the outside which is what need. His final season he allowed less then 300 yards total and 0 TDs. teams didn't target him much at all either so he must have been doing something right.

Round 3 Pick 29: Howard, Tytus OT
    (Previous Pick: Johnson, Lonnie CB)

Previously i had a CB but thanks to the extra pick once again this need was addressed with an earlier pick. Now i'll take the same player i had slated to us 12 picks later. OT is a huge need upcoming for the jets. Beechum is on his final year and is a spot that should be upgraded and we won't have a lot to spend next offseason so drafting a possible future LT this year is key to learn and train for a year before competing to start. Howard can do that. he's started at both RT and LT in college. With the extra pick we have next year as well, no pressure to make him a LT either. he cold push shell at RT when we draft a LT next year

Round 4 Pick 3: Traded
    (Previous Pick: Howard, Tytus OT)
    packaged with the 2nd rounder to move back into the 1st round to land bradbury

Round 6 Pick 23: Redwine, Sheldrick FS
    (Previous Pick: Same)

This is my luxury pick here. I feel like all our other needs have already been addressed with our 1st 4 picks and the 7th round pick coming next. I've taken care of edge, C, OT, CB, WR/RB Depth, and KR so this is a BPA type call here. Previously i had Gaines who would be nice but we did just draft 2 d-lineman last year so i decided against going that way. I also looked at TJ Edwards as a back-up ILB in case we did trade lee but as it stands now lee is on the team and i like that hewitt kid we resigned already. So I went with Sheldrick (Red)Redwine for a couple of reasons. 1st reason is the health of maye coming off a big injury after missing 10 games last year and we don't have much depth at safety at all. 2nd reason is his versatility he could be like a cheaper younger version of daryl roberts for us. He's played CB in college then moved to FS, meaning he can compete at dime back as well. He's fast and aggressive and physical and likes to lay the wood down. Seems like a good fit for williams aggressive style of defense and also should be at worst a special teams ace in case we decide to cut loose cannon and/or peake he can step in as a gunner.

Round 7 Pick 3: Pollard, Tony WR/RB
    (previous pick: same)

listed at WR/RB pollard is a perfect fit for the jets. he's a gadget player, and gase will find ways to use him, with good size and speed who can play RB and WR. he's also one of the top returners in college football over the past 3 years. funny enough in his draft bio on nfl.com his NFL comparison is andre roberts.

Extra 2020 Draft Picks:
    Giants 1st rounder
    2 possible LTs we could land with that pick Walker Little or Andrew Thomas. both would likely be day 1 starters at LT for the next decade or at least are considered that as of now but shit changes and all

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Good effort but no way Murray is falling to 3, he’s going 1st to Cards, we’ve known that since February. We might still be able to make a trade with Giants if they really want Williams which I believe is more likely than them going QB at 6 or especially trading up for a QB.

Also don’t think Howard is lasting til 3rd, I’d take him with 2nd if he even lasts that long.

3. GasedAndConfused

you never really know. there is also rumors the redskins are trying to move into the top 5 to jump the giants for a QB so the giants could look to move up even if murray isn't there. Arizona really doens't need to smoke screen since they are 1st overall. only reason for them to praise murray and not be interested is if they wanted to move down which it doens't seem like they want to. i can see them passing on murray. he's not the best player in the draft, he's not really a better prospect then rosen (even last years draft he would have been the 4th or 5th QB taken) it's obvious klingbury loves murray and has connections to him, but doens't mean the GM will make that call

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh man, good effort but you had a chance to recreate the 06 draft by taking Taylor instead of Oliver.
    Could have the next era nick and brick.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

LMAO shit i could have done that and had brick and mangold all over again. wasn't thinking about that just thinking more towards we are better at LT then edge right now and this being a strong edge class and next year having some good LTs and all the oliver hype with the jets loving him. really though i should have went with sweat

FJF likes this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I really like the effort here and I think the return a trade with the Giants would fetch is very realistic. Also nice move going back into first round to nab Bradbury...

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

My crazy draft scenario that everyone will rip me for. Guess this is my dream.

1. Trade 3 to the Raiders for 4 and pick 35.
    2. Trade 4 to the Redskins for 15 46 96 next year's one and 2.
    3. At 15 we take Bradbury (maybe Jonah Williams if he is there).
    4. Pick 35 we select Jalen Fergusonedge from Louisana Tech
    5. Pick 46 NKeal Harry WR ASU (not sure he'll be there if not maybe Debo Samuel or Paris Campbell)
    6. Round three pick 68 Guard/Center Michael Jordan
    7. Pick 94 CB Justin Love
    8. Pick 96 Polite edge Florida

Realistically:
    We can't trade back we select Quinnen Williams
    Round 3 we go c like Michael Jordan or Connor McGovern and with the next pick Love and then 4-7 we select a wr, rb and offensive line.