MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It was a win, great.

ZW played poorly against a top three defense.

Breece got hurt.

But man I'm sick of MLF and his play calling. Three passes the first drive. We run it once or twice in the few drives after Breece runs a 60 yard TD. Every team and their mothers run slants but I never see them for the Jets. It's either a screen or a long developing pass play.

And the topper was the last drive of the game, runs it up the gut twice for no gain.. something that happened probably 10 times before those when a decimated line, and waits until 3rd and 9 to sweep to the outside. He handed Denver a chance to come back. Total punt and prey for the defense to hold.

I'm trying real hard not to say fire this man, but he's the worst O coordinator I've seen since Sparano.

boozer32, SOJAZ, Cman68 and 7 others like this.
  2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

That breece hall injury feels back breaking.

papapump, stinkyB, Royal Tee and 6 others like this.
  3. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

What are the chances of us winning next week ?

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes been bad all season, i dont understand how nobody is pulling him aside and saying something. He has terrible design.

papapump, Nyjets4eva and cmcm750203 like this.
  5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Breece ACL injury hurts so much. That's why you need a balanced offensive of attack. MLF and Zach Wilson will need to finally earn it.

SOJAZ, papapump, Royal Tee and 3 others like this.
  6. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

only slant was to mims in 4th Q and Zack thre it behind him..

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It would be nice if Wilson could hit a guy in stride though. That's not on MLF.

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ, K'OB and 8 others like this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

No way I would have let Wilson throw the ball at the end. He really didn't have much of a choice. We weren't running the ball 3 plays and getting a first in that spot.

PJ4Ever, stinkyB and KingRoach like this.
  9. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, and the unnecessary roughness afterwards that Denver didn't get flagged for

10. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson was erratic. He was off target all day, missed easy throws, even when he completed passes they were behind his receivers, low, high… just bad all around.

Denver is a good defense, hopefully AVT comes back, Moore gets involved and the Jets’ offense bounces back.

Regardless of how MLF calls a game, Wilson needs to play better…

PJ4Ever, Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ and 6 others like this.
  11. JackBower

Breece's injury is not an excuse for MLF sucking

SOJAZ, burf, Nyjets4eva and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Playcalling hasn’t been very good but I’d hardly say the play design on the plays called is bad. There are open receivers. ZW needs to confidently step into his throws and he’ll drive those air mails down.

It wasn’t very fun watching us start off with 3 straight passing plays though. Set the table for an awful day of play calling.

Fun win. That’s a tough place to play with altitude and the crowd noise that’s always disruptive.

13. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

trying to get ZW in a groove early, fine (I definitely would've wanted to run at least once) -- also not sure if this is the case with us, but usually the HC has the call on run/pass for play call.

Complaining about the last drive is ridiculous imo. We have to run the ball so denver burns all 3 timeouts & our defense was lock down all game. I'd be pissed if we had called a pass play there.

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Zach has been pretty fucking brutal…yes we are winning because at least he’s not turning it over which is good

I get Denver’s D is strong as is GB but tucking hit a receiver in stride for fucks sake

I’ve been 50/50 on Zach but it’s trending down…

Pepsiguy5, SOJAZ, papapump and 3 others like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They both need to get better, and quickly. We're 5-2, but it's about to get real here over the next month with two games with the Pats with the Bills in between.

Jets79 likes this.
  16. JackBower

I'm not saying a pass play, maybe not run the exact run play on first and second down... Which was also the one you called 5-6 times before in the game for no gain. Sweep, misdirection, run to the other side of the effing line. There's about 8 other run possibilities than running the same one twice that failed 6 times before

17. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

We must've watch different Jets for the last decade. no way is MLF worse than whatever the Adam Gase/Dowell Loggins offense was. Jeremy Bates has been out of the NFL since leaving us in 2019. What about John Morton?

I'm no way saying he's perfect or has been good... but there has to be some context. his play calling in the 2nd half in games this year has showed he has the ability to adapt to the situation.
    For today, the only team who really had a decent offense output vs the Broncos was the Raiders, who got a 144-yard, 2-TD rushing performance. Flat out, does MLF need to improve? Yes -- every NFL coordinator has to improve, otherwise their unit gets left behind in the league.

18. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for him, I want him to succeed, but, ZW scares the bejesus out of me. At this moment, he's not a good QB. however, 4 in a row, and hopefully, he'll start to thrive soon.

bicketybam likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You mean the same throw i watched rodgers and mahomes miss all the time?