MLB 2k9

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by JetBlue, Mar 15, 2009.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I haven't seriously played a baseball again since RBI baseball 96 for the PS1, but the demo for 2k9 seems to play pretty impressively. I know some of you guys are baseball game aficionados, so I was wondering if 2k9 only plays great because I have no real basis for comparison or it really is a great game.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

it depends what you like. 2k9 is more of an "arcade" game. lots of hitting, lots of home runs. you wont get realistic baseball, but its pretty fun for what it is. if you would be looking for a realistic game 2k9 isn't it.

3. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I love playing online, but offline is pretty shaky. The game is just far too easy on any difficulty setting.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

If you want realistic, get MLB 09 The Show. Pitching is so amazingly similar to the real thing that it translates well. My and my brother we both pitchers, and guess what? We excel at pitching. Its a shame we suck at hitting. Oh well.

But really. Hitting is pretty good, the graphics are awesome, and the online play is good (although there are alot of things that still need to be ironed out) I will never buy another baseball game so long as MLB The Show has a game.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

good to know, I prefer a more strategic and realistic game. cruising on over the the Show thread and will download the demo this week to give that a run. thanks!

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Ok, so I'm pretty good online. I have a 13 game winning streak going, yet I keep dropping in the weekly rankings. How? Because I'm a little too good. I've been CRUSHING people and they quit. When the other guy quits, you don't get points, which is the only way to improve your ranking. This really needs to be fixed. Basically I'm getting punished because other people want to admit defeat. Lame.

7. Joe Will E 69

Joe Will E 69 New Member

it gets redundant very quickly