Mirror Image 3rd Year #s Eli vs. Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 12, 2012.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

There have been a lot of Jets fans ready to send Sanchez packing but, it's pretty eye opening when you look at his third year numbers compared to Eli Manning.

Will Mark be an elite quarterback and lead the Jets to Superbowl who knows. But, before you throw him under the bus give him a chance to succeed with the right coaching and players in place.

Category --- Manning --- Sanchez

Comp ........... 301 .......... 308
    Attempts ..... 522 .......... 543
    Yards ........... 3,244 ....... 3,474
    Comp pct .... 57.7 ......... 56.7
    TDs ............... 24 ............ 26
    INTS ............. 18 ............ 18
    Rating .......... 77.0 ......... 78.1
    Record .......... 8-8 .......... 8-8

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The difference is through 3 years Eli had ZERO playoff wins, through 3 Sanchez has 4. It's so funny how people forget Sanchez was better than Eli just one year ago and how young QBs tend to struggle. I can't believe anyone would want a new QB, it's so silly.

3. BleedJetsGreen1981

Exactly. It's not like Sanchez led the team to 4-12 seasons his first two years. He has been a monster in the playoffs with huge road victories no less. A feat not matched by any of the other rookie QB's this season.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting those comparisons, it's pretty cool to see. All hope is not lost people so chill out!

5. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Now hopefully everyone shuts the fuck up and stands behind our quarterback

6. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

I think most people just want another option...not necessarily another QB. At the very least, someone to challenge Sanchez for the job...not some geriatric who is there to fill the roll as QB#2. The exception to this is Peyton Manning. The guy can carry the franchise on his back and take over this team. I think any team in this league would be crazy not to take Manning if he came across their plates, with the exception of a few (Pats, Packers, Saints).

7. BleedJetsGreen1981

Dam straight. Giant fans were ready to run Eli out on a rail from what I've read. Sanchez has certainly shown flashes of brilliance and will continue to flourish in 2012.

8. BleedJetsGreen1981

I don't disagree that a quality back-up QB would be the right prescription for pushing Sanchez to take it to the next level.

However, I think it would be a mistake to sign Peyton and trade Sanchez. It would be crushing to watch Sanchez be a force with a new team. If Manning is cleared to play would he really be able to sustain the hard hits that would undoubtedly come his way?

9. nyjunc

Eli and Sanchez have different strengths but they had similar individual success through 3 years including the ability to lead manu comeback wins late in games after struggling through 2 or 3 qtrs- those are good traits to build on.

10. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Apparantly Sanchez apologists are grasping at any straw they can to convince themselves that maybe, just maybe, our qb is not worse than Tim Tebow.

Of coruse they will ignore how Tebow won a playoff game too, with a team worse than Sanchez had, and one that embarassed Sanchez last year. But, what are you going to do?

Maybe next we can compare Sanchez's best drive he has ever had to Brady's worst and pretend that there is still hope for Sanchez to become a great qb.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The difference is Eli is 6'4" and has much better overall mechanics a better arm and can actually get the ball out backing up in the pocket with his eyes down the field. Much more over all talent which is why he was the No. 1 over all pick.

12. nyjunc

eli throws better w/ his left hand too, 8 years in the league and he's still doing that but he's elite!

13. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

First, give Cimini credit for providing the info. Sanchez had bad year, no doubt about. But is he a lost cause hardly. He'll be getting some tough love and maybe some competition and we get to see how he reacts. I'm betting on him.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The difference is Eli is Eli and Mark is Mark.

But somehow because they both play in the same city this is a valid comparison?

If we threw up Jamarcus Russell's first 3 years Mark would really look great!

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

How Cimini ended the article he quoted in that tweet..

"So does that mean …

"No," said an opposing personnel executive, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Eli has a better arm and he's a better deep-ball thrower. I think Eli is a franchise quarterback. I see 'starter' ability in Sanchez. He'll get better, but I don't see a franchise quarterback.""

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...-mark-sanchez-lot-fixing-do-image-performance

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

those stats have been postd in the TGG for weeks now, and commented on, in various ways so cimini is a bit late.

my gig is that eli has/had the better QB tools since day 1 and a huge part MS is living on those 4 road playoff wins were the other 21 guys on the field at the time.

but so what if EM is the better QB. the jets can win with MS but they need to commit one way or the other and build a powerhouse defense and running game second to none.

17. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Well, apparently not, because his TEAM made it to the playoffs, while Mark's TEAM sucked.
    And his team embarrassed Sanchez last year? Ya mean 10-11? Cuz we beat them last year. And if you mean 11-12' Mark's DEFENSE let TEBOW drive down the field 90+ yards. Yeah, he threw a pick 6, but there was no excuse to lose that.

18. nyjunc

Tebow won at home against a shell of the Pitt team that Sanchez almost led us back from 24-0 down against.

19. nyjunc

yet mark in year 2 was better than Eli in year 7 in 2010.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, and I don't know just how much better the defense or running game will get..the Jets have had the 1st, 3rd and 5th best defenses and the 1st, 4th and 22nd best running games in the league and still haven't won.