Mid Round Gems

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by BrowningNagle, Aug 18, 2016.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was dumb and went all in last year at the trade deadline in my league and traded away some of my early picks this year's draft so I need to hit it big with the mid round gems/sleeper guys. Compounding the issue is that they have voted to up the ante financially this year so I am especially screwed and need to swing for the fences.

What do ya'll think? Who are some mid round projected sleepers (Rd. 3 and beyond) that you think could bust out this year?

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I did a year of trading draft picks, and it was fun, but pretty unfair also. If one guy gives his next year first 3 picks, then the guy getting the trade has an advantage on every other owner when they did nothing wrong. It's a good idea in principle, but doesn't really work out.

I finished 3rd that year, but would have had something along the lines of 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and 4 3rds the next year if we continued it. It was going to be insanity on my team. It's amazing I still almost won even tho I traded most of my team.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. NYJalltheway

Anyway to answer your question.. Guys I think are being undervalued..

Watkins, Bortles, Carr, Winston, Baldwin, Jarvis Landry, Moncrief, Hill or Gio, Hurns, Lockett, Duke Johnson.. I'll stop.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

thank you. I have my eye on some of those guys, I will research more those you have that I don't. I don't trust Watkins because he sprains his vagina a lot and I don't trust that he's going to be available to me on a weekly basis.

5. NYJalltheway

He's just been being drafted a few rounds lower than I would expect, so I tend to keep getting him in mocks.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I have big time love for Landry who I am gunning for at pick 3.11. Doubt he makes it but would be ecstatic. Also have tremendous love for fleener who I Am taking at 5.2.

7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Fleener in the 5th round ewww

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I meant 6.2 sorry. Why eww? Guys that are being drafted around him:
    Ryan Mathews
    Stewart
    Kelce
    Delanie Walker
    Big Ben
    Emmanuel Sanders
    John brown

The onl guys I would take over Fleener at that spot are John brown and maybe Michael Floyd if he's there. But I probably won't because I am trying to land 3 WRs within my first 4 picks since only 5 RBs went over 1000 yards last year.

Fleener can easily finish as the number two tightend behind gronk. Look at what Brees did with Jimmy Graham.. With Ben freaking Watson. Fleener had ~700 yards receiving in limited playing time. I'll take my chances with Brees throwing to him over Alex smith and kelce or Mariota and Walker. I also do not like Greg Olsen his hear. 31 or 32 years old and kelvin Benjamin was out last year so Olsen was Newtons only real threat, I can't see Olsen surpassing his numbers that he had last year. The sky is the limit for Fleener with Brees and Sean Payton running that offense

Two years ago I had Julius Thomas and last year i made A strong effort to get Eifert. This years it is going to be Fleener.

#8 dawinner127, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  9. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Marvin Jones is being undervalued. He's gonna be the no.1 guy in Detroit.

10. NYJalltheway

Tate will be. I could see Jones being right there with him though.

11. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Where's the right spot to talk a gamble on Josh Gordon? I just landed him in the 7th in a Yahoo mock, but I think that mock was not that realistic. My team came away with the top grade out of the 9th spot. Same question for Forte, Langford, and Shepard. I like Forte, but don't trust him to get huge volume this year. Langford should get huge volume, but he's not very good. I love pissing off Giant fans by taking Shepard. The league I play in gives .2 points per completion, .25 per rush, .75 per reception, so it's biased towards high utilization players.

Newton in the third, because I didn't make the pick in time threw my positional board out of whack, but I eventually recovered.

12. NYJalltheway

At work, but real quick around round 8/9 for Gordon

13. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

In the drafts I've been in here are some good value picks available deep into the draft by position.

QB - Derek Carr, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton
    WR - Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon, Allen Hurns
    RB - Melvin Gordon, Chris Ivory, Jeremy Langford, Frank Gore
    TE - Antonio Gates, Martelius Bennett, Jason WItten