Mets @ Nats 5/19-5/20

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by MParty7441, May 19, 2010.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I had to make this thread to post this....does anyone think that Nieve is very overrated? Everyone thinks he has done awesome this year, but he's actually been pretty terrible.

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

When does Hard Knocks start? Aug. 11th?

3. Long & Winding Rhode

4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Think Jerry will ever notice that in his last 8 appearances Nieve has a 15.88 ERA and 2.65 WHIP? Or will he just keep sending him out there until he's fired? (which shouldn't be long, by the way; I told my father two weeks ago that the over/under firing day was Memorial Day, and it might be time to take the under)

5. Long & Winding Rhode

Jerry is terrible, but he is not the only problem. The Mets roster is just not that good. They have one star, a few players who should be (Reyes, Bay, and Beltran), and a bunch of crap. The Mets need a manager who is not incompetent and a GM who understands roster construction. In my opinion, both Jerry and Omar should be fired.

6. statjeff22

I'm out of town, so I can't see the game, so can someone tell me if there was any good reason to take out Dickey? Yes, he had thrown 98 pitches, but he's a freaking knuckleballer, for God's sakes. Two runs and 9 baserunners in 6 innings sounds pretty good compared to the 3 runs and 5 baserunners off the bullpen in the 7th.

7. statjeff22

I don't think you'll find a single Mets fan anywhere who doesn't think that both Manuel and Minaya need to go, and needed to go last October, in fact.

8. Long & Winding Rhode

He didn't look great. Had walked a bunch of guys. I probably would have left him in though. If for no other reason than the overworked bullpen could use a break.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There in lies the problem, the Wilpons don't seem to understand what it takes to put a winning product on the field.

If you were gonna fire these two clowns you can't replace them with more incompitent clowns. Where do you turn if your the Mets? It's clear that the Phillies get it as do the Marlins to an extent and maybe even Washington but the Mets have no idea. It starts with quality player evaluations before you bring guys in. Most people knew Bay was a bad idea that is excpect the Mets, so far it hasn't been a great move. I don't know where to go. Who do you bring in to rebuild the franchise, who do you trade? Unfortunately I see the Mets screwing this up too. There is no reason why the Twins who have one of the worst owners in sports can not sustain success but also in the FO and managerial position. It seems like they've only had two managers in the last 25 years.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but who's dick is HoJo sucking to not even get mentioned as under fire in the media???

11. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Maine will never pitch for the Mets again.

12. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

It was 10-1 Now its 10-6 with the bases loaded.
    This sucks..

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What was really laughable about the situation was he sends the pinch-hitter up to bunt. What exactly is the point of wasting both a bench player and getting your knuckleball pitcher (capable of length) out of the game there just to bunt?! Heck, you might as well have had Dickey bunt and replace him, at least you'd save the extra roster spot.

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Maine blows. Looks like his once promising career with the Mets is over.

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

ok omar lets get a few deals done.

16. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Nationals principal owner Mark Lerner was struck by a ball while standing in right field during batting practice. Lerner was in uniform and shagging balls. According to The Washington Post, Lerner was struck on the bridge of his nose and received stitches. A team spokesman declined comment.

The Wilpons should start shagging balls.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd prefer bullets....

18. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Send Omar with them.