METLIFE BLOWS

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by no psls, Sep 23, 2014.

1. no psls

no psls Banned

There were no workers' at the gate in LOT 26 before Monday nights game . I arrived at the gate at 3:00 PM (30 minutes early) . Only to find that people had already entered the parking lot and started setting up for tailgating . Of course , some lousy Bears' fans were in my tailgate spot which I always get since I was thrown out of the parking area by the race track 6 years ago . THIS PLACE SUCKS . When we asked the ticket takers at 3:45 what happened , they only stated that the lot opened up at 3:30 . What a brain-dead bunch . Everything run by the Jets organization is a SHI- storm waiting to explode .

2. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Yeah just a crap organization all together lol

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  3. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

The best is leaving the 300 level after the game. They shut down the escalator, which is just brilliant, and make the fans walk down via the ramp.

Not a similar ramp to the Meadowlands, this ramp sucks

4. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Factor in that the crowd atmosphere has about as much energy as a morgue and it makes it even better.

24-19 last night and the place seemed dead.

Ugly stadium with zero home field advantage.

5. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

The crowd was not that bad last night. However, the "Jets fan" behind me asked me if I could stop standing on 3rd down. Not an older gentleman, a relatively middle aged man.

Got to love Jets fans, rather sit down, then stand up and cheer for there defense, on crucial plays.

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Sounded like it was more Bears fans than Jets fans.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Well like I've been saying for the past two weeks now, the fans at home suck. The loudest I can remember hearing the place was that preseason game where we gave Eli Manning a new forehead.
    But it seems that every home game is dead as well as the first half offense.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Never been there, but still, that makes NO SENSE AT ALL. Why the fuck would they shut something down that fans are CLEARLY going to be using? Sounds like a shitty stadium.

Also, on TV I saw a SHIT ton of empty seats. That's real great 12th man team spirit there. God I wish the f'n NYJ had an actual homefield advantage.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Well when you have Geno Smith throwing four hundred interceptions, it's kind of hard to yell and cheer.

Fuck Geno!

Fuck I'm so mad still

10. NYJalltheway

Easy there Falco. He threw 2, not 4. He still only has 4 thru 3 games. We're used to having 18 by Mark by about this time in the season. We have it good!

1st pick was a great play by Woodson, and imo a bad job by Deck. The 2nd pick was him getting hit as he threw. ANY QB would have gotten picked off there. The 2 last night were bad.

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I know man. It's just so fuckin frustrating that we can't seem to just hit gold on one fuckin quarterback!!!

Damnit!

12. max

max Active Member

I know what your saying, but did the giants hit "gold" with manning? The ravens with Flacco?

Those teams have won some pretty recent superbowls because of the "team"getting hot at the right time and some luck.

13. NYJalltheway

I think we will be fine with Geno. If we sign, or draft another WR who could be at worst a good #2, and Amaro keeps developing, the cast will be better. We have a lot invested in the OL, and I feel like it will improve as the year goes on, and in the next few years too. Geno only has 19 career starts. He is hardly into year TWO. People need to relax about him already.

14. NYJalltheway

Also, a common theme has been teams that aren't putting down 20+ million on a QB. They have the cap space for other areas. That combined with what you said, teams getting hot at the right time will do it. For us, a SB window is opening imo next year, and will last 3-4 years until the roster will have to go thru another turnover.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's an awful Stadium, the Jets and Giants are getting what they deserve for being greedy.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I wish I had an answer, it is actually pathetic. A large crowd forms by the escalator after every game, and the event workers say they have to wait for the 200 level to clear out, or it will cause to much traffic. The best thing to do is "take the stairs or the ramp." It is just a poorly designed stadium

17. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

double post.

18. NYJalltheway

No excuse to me, I've been a part of many post game exits in green bay, this tiny little area for 70,000+ ppl to try getting out of, and cramped as it gets, works out fine.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

To be fair, 5 miles outside of GB are cow fields...while 5 miles from the stadium are NYC and Newark, 2 of the largest, most densely populated cities in the country.

20. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

That means nothing. In the old meadowlands, I never had this problem. It would be a 2 minute hold up at the escalator, and straight down.

The design of the stadium is the real problem. If you've been to a game, your guaranteed to hear at least 1 comment, on how much the stadium sucks.