Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Killeri9590, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

The top 2 best games on the PS3 bar none.

Both have excellent graphics, excellent stories, and great gameplay.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I buy games to play, not to watch. I strongly disagree.

3. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

You have a point with MGS4 the game isn't for everyone but Uncharted 2?

4. steves850

steves850 Active Member

modern warfare 2.

5. thecolouroffire

thecolouroffire New Member

I have to agree, about MGS4 but i have to chuck mirrors edge in there for gameplay, graphics, and storyline its one of the most refreshing games i've played for years...I'm ready for the stream of insults about how its shit.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Uncharted 2 I have never played, but I heard is amazing. I don't think the game is for me, so I decline to say that game is anything less than what its reviews have said.

MGS4 is hot cow shit. I absolutely hated watching the game more than playing, and when it actually came time to play, I hated the gameplay as well. I returned the game after one day.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

This.

I play MLB The Show, which is usually amazing...Madden, who doesn't?....and Call of Duty.

8. steves850

steves850 Active Member

These the exact games I play, plus NHL. The Show is the best sports sim IMO.

9. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

have to agree. uncharted 2 was easily the best game i played this year. as a huge fan of the metal gear series i may be a little biased but i loved mgs4 and cant wait for rising. even though i own all the systems i am pissed that rising will be on xbox its just hard to see metal gear on anything but playstation.

i picked up dantes inferno but havnt played it yet. and i think im going to pick up heavy rain today. it looks like it has some great potential.

also how can you not be pumped for god of war 3. and grand turismo. ps3 has some great games coming out this year.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah I am a big fan of MGS4, but have been addicted to that series since the original, and I love the uncharted series. Also agreed on GOW3, how can you not love that game coming?

The FF nuts (myself included) have 13 to look forward to next month as well...

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I haven't played Metal Gear because I heard about the extra long cut scenes.

Uncharted 2 and The Show are the only games I have right now for my PS3 slim (my brother basically stole my PS3, Madden, and MW2 from me).

Uncharted 2 is probably the best all-around game that I've ever played. I really like PLAYING games too, that's what they're for, but when cut scenes come on for this game, I actually like watching them...whoever wrote it did a great job. The game play is excellent...offline and online. Stealth mode took the game to another level.

12. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Overrated but the online mode is awesome.

At least it was better than that crappy game called Killzone 2

13. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

MAG is pretty fun if you can get a group of people that doesn't care to talk and work together.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's the best part about the game. You actually have to work as a team to win. Everyone plays for themselves in MW2.

I hate the limited number of maps though.

15. 624

624 Banned

Dante's Inferno commercials make the game look sick, but I heard it got only average reviews.

Can you post how it is once you get to playing it?

I picked up Dragon Age: Origins, I plan on starting it in the next few days, I hear it is amazing.

16. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Dante's Inferno is alright but Darksiders and Bayonetta are a lot better.

Dragon Age: Origins I plan on buying this one for the PC most likely..

17. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

That's why I gave up trying to work together with people online in Modern Warfare 2

I haven't tried MAG yet though

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Uncharted is a great game.

Modern Warfare has been kind of bland for me.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

A lot of people don't like it. It has mediocre graphics, and there's a lot of strategy involved. It's definitely not for everybody. Once you get to a certain point, you become a specific class - right now, I'm a sniper and it's fun as shit.

IMO, the best shooter ever is Rainbow Six Vegas for 360, and nothing even comes close for me. That game had everything: great guns, required mics, wall cover, and players actually worked together as a team.

I don't see why people don't just play free-for-all every single time in MW2 - that's basically all it is.

#19 Mr Electric, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think I'm going to check out MAG when I finish some of the game I have now. And I agree 100% with MW2 and that's why I traded it to someone for Assassin's Creed 2. People take the game way too seriously and will do anything to improve their K/D ratio, because that's all they care about. It's like they get all their pride from their stats in that game.