Message to all jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JerzeJets, Oct 13, 2009.

1. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

If you are so upset after that loss last night that you have to call in to WFAN and say you are turning back in your jersey..... then stop rooting for te team. Yes there have been years and years of pain and suffering, but remember the reasons you started rooting for this team. If you lose sight of that then go crawl under a rock and throw a dart against a board of all NFL teams and pick a new one to root for. I am sick of the "fans" who live an die by one game. What... were we going to go 16 and 0 this year? Come on give me a break. Yes it was a disheartening loss but man the fuck up. To those posting how this team sucks or how our year is over or how you want to turn in your jersey then go root for the dolphins or the patriots. Go be a fairweather fan somewhere else, because those of us who actually maintain PRIDE in our team and our organization do not need you assholes making a media field day out of us.

/ rant

2. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

I love this team. It's my second favorite to the Mets...which says a lot when you look at the two of them. This is entertainment for me man. It sucks when they lose, but there are other games. Especially when they are still in first place. Hopefully we won't have to deal with them falling out of first place this year. The most glamorous regular season records don't guarantee anything. Read: New England Patriots.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i've learned that the average IQ of 115 is a smart IQ for most die-hard football fans. Most football fan's IQ is around 104. That's why there is such an emotional rollercoaster in their hearts during the season.

they're fucking retarded.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Dear Rex, I am mailing you to inform you that I will be turning in my Jets jersey to the store I purchased it from. I've already called and made arrangements to return it but they said anything purchased 3 years ago, worn and never washed will not be eligible for a refund. I then said "wtf" and they said "what do you mean" and I was like "what do you mean" and then they hung up and I went back to pouring my Captain morgan's into my cheerios.

Anyway, my point is that we as Jet fans have suffered for 2 weeks and this is not acceptable. Had I known that you weren't going to go undefeated in your first year, I would have stayed with my first team: The Arizona Cardinals.

In summary, I suggest you get your act together or I will personally lead the march and call of your dismissal at my local D&D Football Fanatics club. The other member and I will not be silenced by your disgrace.

Sincerely,
    Radio City Draft Guy

5. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Agreed.... but if over one loss someone feels the need to turn back in their jersey and they are THAT upset then this obviously is not the team for you. Go root for another team at that point

6. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Retarded American. I hate to be the PC guy but someone has to.

7. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Exactly, could not have said it better

8. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Anyone and I mean anyone who after any defeat however heart wrnechng / painful / jaw droppingly abject throws the jersey or team under the bus can fuck right off.

All this SOJ shit is lemmings to the edge of the cliff

You are a fan becasue you hurt when they lose/ cry tears of joy when they win and wear the jersey with pride.

We are New York Jets fans that is a great thing and one that should never be thrown away!!

9. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Thank you. I am 22 and have been a jets fan since the day i was born. Have i seen them win a superbowl? No..... never. Why do i root for them? Because i bleed green and white and have LOVED the team since the day i could first remember watching football. NEVER have i ONCE considered turning in my jerseys or considered rooting for another team.

10. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I sat at 1.30 am through to 5am on my own in a Sheffield , England living room . Shouting and cathcing every ball. Making every tackle mentally ( even the missed ones) . Why ?? One because I am retarded!! BuT 2 i love this team and game , its hard when they let you down but lets not forget the last 10 years have seen some great times ( except for the PATS!) .

The late 80s - early 90s were tru pain and many should remember that when they cry the SOJ BS when we are 1st place in the AFCE!

11. mikebench

mikebench New Member

Sheesh..THE SEASON IS NOT OVER by any stretch of the imagination..the D had a bad night..

Braylon Edwards was wonderful last night, and look forward to TD passes from Sanchez to Edwards for the future..

The running game showed up last night, that is very encouraging to me..Sanchez did fine, throws were a bit high, but never turned the ball over..

The D was stymied by a high school offense that they will see again, and be better prepared hopefully..

The positive thing is that the Bills and Raiders offenses are awful, which should give the Jets some confidence going into the next Miami game..

Anyway, look at the schedule!

Bills (1-4): Win
    @ Raiders (1-4): Win
    Dolphins (2-3): Win (though they beat us last night, Dolphins played like the desperate team last night)
    BYE
    Jacksonville (2-3): Win
    @ New England (3-2): Loss (likely)
    Carolina (1-3): Win
    @ Bills (1-4): Win
    @ Bucs (0-5): Win
    Falcons (3-1): Loss (think they could win this one, but for the sake of discussion, lets say loss)
    @ Colts (5-0): Loss
    Bengals (4-1): Win

That is 5 losses..11-5..call me the optimistic Jets fan I guess..but the only team with a winning record the Jets face until Week 15 are the Pats..

12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I think fans should grow up and realise that different people see things in different ways. I'm sick of reading "let's all calm down" threads when we're undefeated and playing great. I'm equally sick of reading "let's all calm down" threads when we lose a game we should have won. For fuck's sake it's like some people want us all to take Prozac to even out the ride.

We can all calm down or get excited or do whatever the hell we want.

Accept that some people like to get a little dramatic (I seriously doubt anybody would actually stop supporting a team because of one defeat, but if they do, who really cares? Does it hurt you?)

Accept that some people over-react to things. They're human and humans are mostly idiots.

13. whatacotch

whatacotch Member

i agree, kind of on both sides though. One part of me thinks i should be really pissed and the other thinks i need to calm down because we have two winnable games coming up

14. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Wow, Great post man. Good way to put it....

15. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Haha this is one of the biggest problems with being a Jet fan. I'm 22 also so right there with you but it's a tough sell if you try to convince someone you have a good reason for being a Jet fan.

"Welllll, my dad was born in '59, so he was 10 when the Jets won the Super Bowl...and so I'm a Jet fan. I mean yea, they won 1 game all year when I was in 3rd grade and had a Jets puffy winter coat, and I got made fun of in college as Brett Favre fell apart and every year I get my hopes up and they disappoint me, eh, and I had 4 roommates in college and every one of their team won a Super Bowl in those 4 years but I bleed Green and White! And man if we could just have a few things go right this year we'll be 10-6, a wild card team but we're making progress! It's another building year. Sanchize!"

16. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

While i agree it was a very tough loss, it was more of a tough loss on the fans than the actual team because of the heated rivalry. As a Jet fan living in miami, its going to be tough going to school lol but realistically this is a long season and we are still in a very good position. Yes the loss hurts but in no way should anyone go shoot themselves about it and root for a diff team lol

17. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Wat?

filler

18. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

the loss was harder on us (the fans) than the Jets team

19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

I hate this team and this fanbase but it would never cross my mind to root for another team.

20. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Amen brother! Take today to nurse your wounds and lets move forward! This team needs our support the WHOLE season. Remeber when we were the ONLY team to start 2-5 and win their DIVISION! Remember that and all the excitement in the Meadowlands that evening! ITS NEVER OVER! Especially with the amount of TERRIBLE teams this year. Lets Go!