Mehta talks to NFL network about "anonymous Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yahoo is running the story now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...ll-mark-sanchez-lazy-want-team-052131630.html

Here is the new stuff:

It's always been my experience that guys are much more comfortable talking to you in that form(anonymous)," Mehta told the NFL Network on Wednesday. "They're more truthful and forthcoming. I know it's easy to point to 'anonymous sources' and say, 'Is this guy a significant player on the team,' but I spoke to key players and key members of this organization, from top to bottom about their quarterback, and I really asked them an open-ended question: 'What's your honest evaluation of Mark Sanchez?'"

Asked about the size of the anti-Sanchez camp, Mehta said that "it's definitely more than a few isolated players, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it's just about every player. It's a significant number, and it's a number I've been keeping tabs on throughout the course of the season.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

sounds more and more like Manish Bin Laden made the whole thing up, Cimini style

3. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Considering only a few players are coming out to defend Sanchez, I think Mehta has something here.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How the fuck did you come to that conclusion?

5. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I always thought Manish did a good job reporting on the Jets, but it appears that the dark side has taken him in with the lure of being as famous and well know as the Great Rich Cimini. I guess he got tired of working hard for a story and prefers this National Enquirer shit instead - it sells more papers.

6. wfresh

wfresh New Member

if its more than defense guys, and offense guys other than plax and holmes id be concerned. of course defense will be pissed at mark.

7. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Yeah, we know some of the players. Cant be made up if we know some of the sources, and that guys like Mason and Tone hate Sanchez...

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

When there are 40+ players - two or three is not a "signifigent number".

Its at least 10 people - or he is full of crap. But I dont think he is.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah ever hear the old adage where there smoke there is fire?

10. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Or, he is reporting the truth? If he named names, his career would be over and he would never get another story again. Just because you don't like the tune of his message doesn't mean it isn't true.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Better he would be fired or to say it another way he would lose his job for publishing made up info :sad:

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

how could he name names when he probably just pulled a Cimini and made the whole thing up to get that back cover, all that coverage on sportstalk and interviews on the NFL Network.

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Rex had better pull this team together because this kind of shit will destroy a team regardless of good they are.

It's obvious Ryan's tearful plea for unity did jack to fix the cracks that exist. He's going to need a lot of help from Sparano and hopefully Hailey to unify this club and quick.

14. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Who would benefit from trashing Sanchez? The only coach who would benefit is Schotty. If everyone thinks Sanchez is garbage, it makes Schotty look better. I can't imagine that Burress after his jail time is crying to manish mehta about sanchez. Stevie Johnson didn't even get a reaction out of him.

Holmes has always seemed to have an issue with Schotty, starting with the afc championship game last year. I can't really see him going to the media complaining about Sanchez.

Bart Scott never says anything negative about his teammates.

My conclusion is that Schotty or his agent trashed Sanchez to Manish and that's it. He's the only guy who benefits from Sanchez being destroyed like this.

15. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

something tells me Holmes is one of the anonymous sources.........and you gotta think even he has a few guys that he's tight with that are probably singing the same tune.

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

sounds like a possible winner

who knows, maybe somebody discovered who the "source" was and properly showed him the exit door yesterday

good riddence to bad rubbish

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yes, I believe it was spoken by a fireman. A dapper fellow by the name of Horatio Boontank, who was describing the laws of combustion.

#17 abyzmul, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think it's obvious there is some truth to this, the question is how many people are truly anti Sanchez on this team. This goes beyond him not being good, it's more to do with his general attitude and demeanor. Could it be Brunell who's been around long enough to know how QB's should prepare for games and be a leader? Could it be LT who also has been around a long time? Maybe a few defensive guys? Cromartie certainly seemed to take issue with the offense at season's end.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Mason came out and defended Sanchez.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That was funny or to say it another way humorous.