Mecole Hardman tampering

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Unhappyjetsfan, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"* Hardman candidly admitted that, by that point, "I was so checked out, like, it was over with. I had already talked to (KC GM Brett) Veach and Pat (Mahomes), like, ‘Come get me.’" Two weeks later, he was traded back to KC."

This is literally tampering. And the guy KC tampered with caught the pass that won them the Super Bowl. If Goodell had any integrity (and he doesn't), this should result in the loss of a first round draft pick.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s an interesting thing to let slip.

Honestly though, the real problem is everything else he said.

Pepsiguy5, mezzavo, Burnz and 11 others like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... he said the quiet part out loud.

Kill him... :p

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

More alarming - This basically confirms what everyone already knew - there was (and likely still is) no plan outside of Rodgers saving the day and the locker room is still somewhat divided and/or lacks trust in the offensive and special teams staff (rightfully so). This team is exactly where it was when JD took over - a good defense, offensively inept, and even with the big cap jump, likely not enough maneuverability to address the amount of holes on offense because of terrible signings and contracts that went with them. This entire organization is so poorly managed from top to bottom, that they remain a laughing stock... It's sad, honestly.

#4 Mehl-56, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Except it could have been Hardman messaged the GM and the GM replied, I can't really talk to you

#5 The Waterboy, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

Time to start confiscating phones and looking at text messages.

LMAO, just kidding - everyone knows the league wouldn't drag the current golden boy into a scandal.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

For sure. No one knows what to do when Rodgers went down; the Hackett way.
    The Jets may have given him permission to seek a trade.

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

JetFanInPA likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If you had a guy who was a malcontent why would you reward that behavior and trade him to the very place he wants to go?

joe douglas sucks

NY Jets68 and abyzmul like this.
  10. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I mean like I noted in one of the WR thread yesterday at the end of the day here Hardman is a guy who at this point in his short window career is going year to year to get a paycheck. In that respect we basically promised him a bunch of bs we couldn't actually deliver on to get him to sign here, and then screwed him over pretty hard. That's on us.

Getting to the point this winter where point free agents, and especially these top of the crop OL guys or WR people keep wanting to speculate on, are going to want to sign to our train wreck is going to be a reality nightmare. Old and broken down Rodgers isn't changing the variable either. You likely are either paying the hefty bad team tax that is going to make that contract look cringe'y at face value, or it just ain't happening.

11. BrowningNagle

Disagree. The Jets gave Hardman the biggest contract he has ever received in his life. They shouldn't feel sorry about "promises." If he was refusing to return punts that's a lack of professionalism on his part. They should NOT have rewarded the behavior.

If I was GM I woulda traded him to anyone but the Chiefs. The Hiroshima Toyo-Carps before the Kansas City Chiefs

12. Kronoking

Well, i think think pretty much every NFL player looking in here are going to disagree with you on that "shut up, do what you are told, and that is all that matters here" summary take. You can't outright lie and mislead people and expect everything to be rainbows.

That the Chiefs immediately took him back also kinda pushes away from trying to label him a "malcontent" from the outside imo

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Further evidence indeed that Aaron Rodgers is running the show on offense and they were completely ill-prepared in every way for life without him. Hackett is a complete joke and should not be an NFL offensive coordinator, at the least. We're stuck with him this year, but I hope he can be better in 2024.

Sounds like from all accounts, the defensive side has it's shit together though

ouchy likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Asking someone to return punts because there is injury to a teammate is far from telling him to shut up lol

The guy was beat in training camp and was butthurt by that, lets be real

Footballgod214 and NY Jets68 like this.
  15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

dmw likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

How many promises do you think they made to a receiver who got a 1-year/$4 million contract in one of the weaker receiver free agent classes in a long time?
    I also think it speaks to how shitty the accountability is among the coaching staff. Boyer told him to do something, he said no (what?!) and Saleh “tried to convince him,” to do it?

Andy Reid put him back there and told him to go return punts his first game back with KC. Doubt he gave any lip.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You do if you're the league bitch.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. Unhappyjetsfan

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

So he doesn't criticize the team to other players around the league. But then he criticized the team to the whole world. What a great guy! He reminds me a little of Jamal Adams.

abyzmul likes this.
  20. Kronoking

I mean we can start with what was immediately reported directly after his free agent signing of us planning to expand his role and route trees.