maynards 2010-11 nfl bets

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Jul 3, 2010.

1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Last year posted several weeks and showed a good profit , thought i would do this for my own sake so i can see how much I lose ( lol) and i know some guys out there love to debate the gambling side of it!

I work on a pt system 1 pt = $25 . These are real bets that I place in the UK , hopefully we canmake some money!

Anyway as most of rosters are coming together and bookies are formulating prices I have selected a few early bets that i think are good long term value. I will always try to give a reason for selections etc no matter how hair brained!

First one with my heart more than my head , we have a great roster but lack that OLB that can strike fear i.e Terrell Suggs. But at 12-1 in the uk they are a good fair price.

Jets to win Sb 12-1 x 2 pts e/w which means if we reach AFCC I still win as its 1/4 1,2,3,4.

Now for some value!

I think Oakland are a ridiculously long price to win the division , bear in mind the changes they made and the fact that the Chargers will be without VJ for 4 games and the broncos looked a team in freefall at end of last year. 7-1 for the division with a decent QB , improved D and a solid draft and its worth a 1 pt bet.

Seattle to win NFCW @ 3/1 x 2 pts

49 ers are completely over rated imo , remind me of the Texans in that they always get talked off as a dark horse but never do anything.
    Arizona has had its heart ripped out and a very average Qb.
    Seattle has made some good roster moves , Whitehurst could be a great move but if not they have backup. Solid draft and a schedule that is okay.
    Again its value but its a 2 pt selection for me

Philadelphia to win NFCE @ 5-2 x 4 pts and NFC @ 10/1 x 3 pts

This will make or break my early season fund! I really like the Eagles , think they have an awesome wr/te set and have a good physical inside runner in MCcoy. kolb looked excellent in his time last year and the defense has made some good improvement with the addition of Sims and others.

I think this is tremendous value bet for a team that pushed the Cowboys all the way last year and in a division where the Giants and Redskins look off the pace , I think the Cowboys are completely overrated at 1.0/1.

Anyway thats all for now be back in wk 1 .
    Hope someone reads this and finds it useful if not hello to myself!!:smile: