Mavericks Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mavericknyc1980, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

1 (22)Lamar Woodley= Talk about getting lucky. The Jets get this beast and he will bring more pressure to an already improved and pressure filled Defense.

2 (33)Micheal Bush= Did I say lucky?????? I ment the Jets are good and they get lucky here. If it wasnt for the shrewd move of Tangini here we wouldnt have this pick.His injury takes him to the top of the second round. Washington is a nice story but if we want to win the superbowl we need to get a RB who can run with size and speed. The Jets have the QB of the future and finally get Bush.

2 Ryan Harris OT from ND= The kid comes home. This former MTV true story is making a full circle. He will help make this unit strong. He is dedicated smart and physical. He will need to add about 20-25 pds. Improving the OT is a must.

3 Jay Alford DE from PSU= The Jets need another De for the 34. I think with Robertson stepping up they will turn there attention to this spot. Best guy available. Fills a need.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

if bush drops to the second round hes going back to school

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He wont have the choice if he gets drafted. It isnt like the NBA. Poor agent advice can help or hurt Bush.

And I doubt Bush falls that far unless he stinks it up in the combine(Lendale White style). He would be nice here.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

dont know enough about Alford.......and as far as Harris goes we need a RT and I dont like the idea of having two OT's under 300 lbs. especially our RT who should be a road grader just good enough against the pass rush to keep our qb standing.

5. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Harris is not the prospect that we want. Not only is he undersized, but his play has really fell off this season. If you didn't notice, teams were able to pressure Quinn much more effectively this season, and that was in large part due to Harris's play. I can't blame the kid. He's had loads of injury problems and from what I hear from his backup, he had back surgery before this season and just hasn't been the same since then (too bad the backup has also had too many injury problems).