Mass shooting reported at Madden tournament in Florida

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Aug 26, 2018.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Multiple persons on live streams and social media reported a mass shooting at a Madden NFL 19 tournament in Jacksonville, Florida, this morning. The Jacksonville County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that law enforcement was en route to the scene but had no further information early this afternoon.

In the video, two competitors are playing when someone starts screaming off camera. As the first of nine shots break out, they abandon their stations and others are heard fleeing. Then a man is heard crying out, “What did he shoot me with?” Three more shots are fired and screaming can be heard.

Warning: The following video contains disturbing content.

This weekend at Jacksonville Landing downtown was the first of four qualifier events for the Madden Classic series sponsored by EA Sports.

The Jacksonville sheriff’s office confirmed the shooting and advised everyone to stay away from the scene. The tournament was being held at GLHF Game Bar at Jacksonville Landing.

Spokespersons for the sheriff’s office and EA Sports were unable to provide any details or a statement when first contacted by Polygon. WJXT-TV reported via Twitter that four were dead and another six were wounded.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/26/17783924/madden-tournament-shooting-jacksonville-florida
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/us/jacksonville-madden-shooting/index.html

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Anyone who knows Jax knows the headline shooting in downtown Jax is not a surprise

3. FJF

Damn, sounds like a sore loser unloaded. Thought this was going to be a drug/gang thing that happened to be at the tournament.
    Wtf is wrong with people that they lose their heads over a vide game tournament?

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

im speechless, honestly. I just cant believe that happened. Over a damn video game you whip out a gun and start shooting! Absolutely sickening.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I tried to post something like 4 times but I can't find the words.. The sad thing is that this kind of thing is considered normal these days. Can't believe it.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Shut down the gun sales...many many more disturbed individuals than honest ones..society is changing ...This is VERY disturbing and sad

Do you need a gun.???..I don't

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mass shootings are actually carefully planned..a disturbed individual has path he's on that includes hatred and suicide..There is a tipping point in this process where the individual decides to act

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think if you pause the video around 27 seconds you can see the laser being pointed on True (red hoody). I saw a 7 second clip yesterday and it was absolutely gut wrenching stuff. The kid lost in a video game and decided to take peoples lives over it. Unbelievable.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What the hell?! People are absolutely insane.I swear, I wouldn't even dare give someone the finger these days let alone engage someone who is clearly angry (i.e. road rage). It's just not worth it. This one time I was at a red light with someone in front of me. The guy behind me was going crazy. Screaming at the top of his lungs, pounding the steering wheel, leaning on the horn, frothing at the mouth, revving his engine like he was gonna ram me. I honestly got very scared, because I was boxed in with nowhere to go and I thought he was gonna get out of his car.and try to harm me. The light changed and he chased me and threatened to broadside me. Over a red light that I have no control over? Before the age of cell phones, but yeah, that's a 911 call.

A couple of years ago some poor guy minding his own business was approached by someone in my local Shoprite. I guess he didn't like his face or something and stabbed him in the neck and killed him. Those who live in the Lower Hudson River Valley would remember it well. Again, people are absolutely insane. We've got a national anger problem with no solution or end in sight.

11. FJF

Are we going to base what’s available in a free society off of people’s needs? I mean we don’t need anything but food water and clean air. Everything else is just a luxury .

12. FJF

I do remember that shop rite incident.
    People are crazy

13. jetophile

Yep. I'm a kook but not that kind of kook. Of course this is going to turn into a gun control debate, you know it's coming, which is fine. Three dead (including the shooter), at least 11 wounded. I'm a little freaked out right now for obvious reasons, but I just texted my cousin for not obvious reasons. His son is a serious gamer, travels all around, has sponsors, the whole 9 yards. It wouldn't surprise me if he was there.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gunfire-breaks-popular-area-jacksonville-florida/story?id=57413914

14. jetophile

Whew, he wasn't. My cousin texted me back that Madden is not one of the games his son competes in. What do I know from gaming anyway. He does make some fairly serious money from it, though. That's all I know.

dawinner127 likes this.
  15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers, right?

ConcordeChops likes this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bigger sign of the down fall of society?

All these whack jobs allowed to own guns?

People getting sponsored and paid to play video games?

:confused:

FJF likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's only a matter of time before this kind of thing happens on a US sports team. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't yet. 20 years since Columbine and almost nothing has been done with mental health since then. It just keeps happening.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A history of hospitalization for mental issues going back to his elementary school days but is still allowed to purchase guns "legally." Can anyone defend this?

Sam Hammer, Jets_Grinch and stinkyB like this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not to derail the thread of the shooting, but Not sure if you know who Ninja is but the dude makes $500k/month streaming the games he plays on Twitch.

mute likes this.
  20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

FJF likes this.