Martin&theJETS 2020 Mock Draft (Joe Douglas Please View)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Martin&theJETS, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Key Re-Signs:

Robby Anderson WR
    Kelvin Beachum OT
    Alex Lewis OG
    Jordan Jenkins OLB
    Brian Poole CB

Key FA Signings:

Joe Thuney OG
    Dante Fowler OLB
    James Bradberry CB
    Graham Glasgow OG/C

2020 NFL Draft:

1st: Mekhi Becton LT
    2nd: Michael Pittman Jr. WR
    3rd: Nick Harris C
    3rd: Dane Jackson CB
    4th: KJ Hill WR
    5th: Anthony McFarland RB
    6th: Bryce Huff OLB
    7th: Tre-Vour Wallace-Simms OG

#1 Martin&theJETS, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I assume you mean Kelvin Beachum?

Nice job - definitely solves most of the OL issues. I don't know much about KJ Hill.....

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Checks all the boxes. Make it happen Joey Dee

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd much rather take Ruiz or Biadasz than Harris. And this is just a hunch, but I have doubts that Fowler will repeat his 2019 season. Overall, I do like your FA signings and draft picks. OL and skill positions are addressed, which is what we need in the worst way.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The free agents look to be worth fifty or sixty million alone. Where's our cap guys to see if this is viable?

6. Martin&theJETS

Yes, just fixed it!

7. Martin&theJETS

I think Biadasz could end up going at the end of round 1 and Ruiz is looking like round 2. Cushenberry will probably go in between them as well.

8. Martin&theJETS

Winters saves $7.2m, Avery Williamson saves $6.5m, Roberts saves $5.8m, Tru Johnson saves $3m, and Enunwa saves $2.4m. That’s $25m and I think we are at $50m cap space right now.

So we would be at $75m without making some other million dollar cuts. Might have to fact check me on that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with the players that you re-signed, although I think we'll need to re-sign more than those 5. I like your FA signings except for Dante Fowler. I really like the first 2 picks of your draft, and like that you took a C. Jackson, Hill and McFarland would be OK. I don't know Huff or Wallace-Simms.

NYJetsO12 and Martin&theJETS like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Subtract $15 million for the draft and slush funds. It'd be tight but might be feasible. I think Bradberry is a hotter commodity that'll command big money. He's a good player. Maybe I'm wrong and he had a worse season than I think he did.

Looks good though. Position groupings are perfect. Two interior lineman and two drafted lineman are really a winning combination.

Pittman is also one of my favorites. Reminds me a lot of a less injured prime Alshon Jeffery.

#10 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Martin&theJETS

Then again it might be highway to cap hell. We really don’t want that. We might be looking to re-sign Adams too. Really seems like Mac screwed us with some terrible contracts.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We’re ok. New cba is going to have a sizable cap jump.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pittman gets a lot of love but seeing a lot of mocks lately with him going in rounds 3 to 5. 2 might be too high.

Still, really like the players

14. Martin&theJETS

I’ve seen that periodically. I think he has a strong combine. I don’t see him going any later than round 3.

Here are some quick blurbs about him:

ESPN draft expert Todd McShay had high praise for Pittman, pegging him as a top-five receiver in a stacked class.

“Michael Pittman is one of the special players that you get to meet all year long, traveling around going to different college campuses every single week. Interviewing different players. Sit down with Michael Pittman and you get to know who he is. He’s a young man that had to overcome some stuff in his life. He really has focused so hard after having a big drop early in his career against UCLA in the rivalry game. He’s bounced back from it because he’s just worked hard. All he does is work on the jugs machine every single day,” said McShay of the former Trojans star. “He’s big. He’s 6-foot-4. He’s 220 pounds. He just looks the part of the wide receiver that you are looking for in the NFL. Doesn’t have great speed, but what he does so well is separate late and create yards after the catch because he’s so strong and he’s so focused as a player. He has 95 catches this year for USC. They’ve had a lot of problems offensively, I get it but Pittman, to me, is one of the best five wide receivers in this upcoming NFL Draft.”

McShay’s ESPN counterpart Mel Kiper also likes Pittman Jr. as a prospect, but to a lesser degree than that of McShay.

“I like Michael Pittman Jr. in the second round because if he doesn’t have the great 40 time, you know, he has the frame, has obviously the bloodlines,” Kiper Jr. stated. “You think about the production. I think Michael Pittman Jr. USC in round two.”

#14 Martin&theJETS, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, I initially had a 2nd round grade or so on Pittman, just found it interesting that a lot of the mocks were having him lower. I don't know if hes going to have a strong combine, specifically the 40 time, but he's a big body receiver with a great frame. He's working out with Darnold now. He's the type of receiver Darnold needs.

16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think unless Pittman runs really slow he is a lock for the 2nd rd(if not higher) He’s going to kill the interview process. The more I have read about and watched Pittman the more I am hoping one of the T prospects is available at 11 nd he is the 2nd rd pick.

Love everything about this offseason and looks for the most part realistic. We can only hope that JD has an offseason like this.

17. Martin&theJETS

I don’t see us spending big on OLB. I would like Beasley over Fowler, but I was thinking Fowler will be the cheaper option.

18. NCJetsfan

Matthew Judon is better than either Beasley or Fowler, and likely won't cost as much as Fowler, and he isn't a one-dimensional pass rusher, either.

19. NCJetsfan

McShay was a guest on the Dan Patrick show yesterday or the day before. At the end of the spot, Patrick issued a challenge to McShay to get Kiper Jr. and the two of them wager $5,000 on who got more draft picks right, with the money going to charity. McShay said that he would do it. Now let's see if Kiper accepts the challenge. A funny side comment by Patrick was that he didn't know if Kiper had that kind of money. He said that Kiper's wife cuts his hair, but he spends about $5,000 on hair products! LOL

20. Martin&theJETS

I see Judon getting more than both of them, also more likely to be re-signed by his team. Judon will get at least $10 million/year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.