Martin Restructures ~ Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DevTeam, Feb 22, 2006.

1. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Just announced. CM restructured his contract.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Curtis restructures

Newyorkjets.com is reporting that Curtis Martin has agreed to a restructured contract. No details of the contract have been released. Anyone have any more info?

3. ukjetsfan

Sorry, you beat me to it! Still looking for more details...

4. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

details anyone..

FYI.. I highly doubt we get any details on this for some time since the code of silence will be in affect.

Ellis

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Money Martin...this guy is such a class act

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We'll be where we need to be cap wise in no time.

7. Chaddaboy

Chaddaboy New Member

maybe martin will rub off on chad.

8. Joe8880

Joe8880 New Member

That is awesome news, I love Martin, nothing ever bad to say about him, hes all about dedication

9. ukjetsfan

Absolutely - we heard nothing in the press about this, we just assumed it would get done and it has. He's a credit to the team.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

chad needs to kick his agent and tell him to stop screwing around

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

Jets and Curtis Martin Reach Agreement To A Restructured Contract
    The New York Jets and running back Curtis Martin, the NFL's fourth-ranked all-time leading rusher, have mutually agreed today to a restructured contract. As per Club policy terms and length of the contract were undisclosed. The announcement was made by Jets' General Manager Mike Tannenbaum. Martin, who will be entering his 12th NFL season and his ninth with the Jets, is the fourth-leading rusher in NFL history with 14,101 yards on 3,518 carries. The former University of Pittsburgh star joined the team as a restricted free agent in March of 1998. With the Jets, Martin has established Club-records in nearly every rushing category, including: rushing yards (10,302), rushing attempts (2,560), rushing touchdowns (58), 100-yard rushing games (43), and yards from scrimmage (12,741).

"Curtis Martin is a special person and a player destined for the Pro Football Hall of Fame," said Tannenbaum. "He has confirmed through his actions that he is always seeking ways to help the New York Jets win football games and to lead the team both verbally and through his extremely high level of play. Curtis places the accomplishments of the team ahead of his personal goals and is willing to sacrifice in all areas of the arena for the New York Jets. He has set aside what may be in his best short-term interest for the immediate and long-term goals of this organization. We are truly fortunate to have Curtis as one of the unquestioned leaders of the organization on the football field and in our community."

"I have known Curtis Martin for the past eight years and have always had the highest regards for him as both an individual and as one of the fiercest and most determined athletes in the game of professional football," said Head Coach Eric Mangini. "Curtis has demonstrated through both his words and his actions how important it is for him to lead the Jets to the highest level in this game. He is a smart, tough, competitive and a hard-working player that has placed football paramount amongst his priorities in life. His actions, through the agreement we reached today, demonstrate what a selfless individual he truly he is." In 2005 Martin started the first 12 games of the season before a knee injury forced him to the injured reserve list for the final four contests. He led the team in rushing with 735 yards on 220 carries and a tied for the team high in touchdowns with five. He also added 118 yards receiving on 24 receptions, the fifth-most on the team.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Awesome news. Hope we saved a lot in Cap space.

13. sameoljets

sameoljets Member

martin is a class act. draft lendale white and use these 2 a a nice 1-2 punch. this would give us an immeadiate threat on offense. Also why no talk on sean ellis. this guy hasn't done shit and is way overpayed cut him.

14. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

wow...It's great getting some Jets news in the offseason. I'm looking forward to the combine, Free agency, and am extremely looking forward to the draft

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This team is on the move, baby. Go Mangini/Tannenbaum!

16. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Great news, you're a true role model Curtis.

17. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

martin is no doubt the biggest class act i have ever seen... he is a team player. his the only guy at training camp that will sign autographs for everyone.. great guy now i only hope chad does the same

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

anyone have the feeling that this new HC/ GM tandum is gonna lite up NY? they moving pretty quick and arent afraid to make some moves....dont be surprised that if the Jets decide to Trade J Abe....they do it now for something big or do it on draft day to get a good pick!

19. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

CMart is the man!

20. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Curtis: "I have restructured my contract to allow us the opportunity to be more competitive as we move forward. I feel like my injury let our team down because I wasn’t able to finish the season and my intention is to help get this team to the highest level."

This guy is a man. No other way to put it.