Martellus Bennett - TE??

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by wewantsapp, Sep 28, 2015.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Word is that the Chicago Bears are having a fire sale and unloading players from the old regime. They just traded ILB Jon Bostic to the Pats. Bennett might be eligible. How bad do we need a TE? I think he could be had for a 7th round pick if we take on his contract (our 6th this year was traded last year for Fitzpatrick). I'm undecided about this. Thoughts?

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Would definitely be worth a mid/late round pick. He's only 28 and wasn't utilized heavily early in his career

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

how are his filping skills?

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd throw them a 5th for him. Two years of a tightend that blocks AND catches would help this running game immensely let alone the passing game. We know how Gailey loves giants too.

I think he makes too much money for us though as I can't imagine we have much cap space. $6 mill+ cap hit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Cut Cumberland, trade Kerley. Christ cut Giacomino or Colon/Winters and let Bennett play there. Can't get much worse.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Id go after him...Our TE sucks and Fitzpatrick's strength is intermediary game

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Just like with Evan Mathis earlier this year this is something the jets should seriously consider. Our TE situation has to be the worst in the league and Bennett is the real deal. Make it happen tann.... er McCagnan somethin