Mark FINALLY questions trade for Teblow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I guess this is Mark finally admitting that the Teblow trade did screw with his already fragile & feminine-like psyche....

There was a moment last year when Mark Sanchez broke character for just a few seconds when asked about the addition of Tim Tebow to the New York Jets.

"Selling seats, man," Sanchez told reporters.

Before and after that comment, Sanchez played the role of good teammate publicly and didn't take the bait when asked over and over whether Tebow's presence was a distraction to him or the team as a whole.

This week, during an appearance on FOXSports Radio's Petros and Money show, Sanchez finally indicated the team's insistence on bringing in Tebow and the surrounding hoopla certainly didn't help Sanchez's play or the team's 6-10 record overall.

"I just don't know if it was the best situation for either of us really, but you kind of play with the cards you're dealt and do the very best you can," Sanchez said in his first interview on the program since last March, one day before the Jets acquired Tebow.

more here....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/04/19/mark-sanchez-tim-tebow-espn/2097071/

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

What else should he say?

3. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Maybe,...."I know my overall skillz are way better than what Te-blot has so I'll
    put on some fake, "pouty-face" look of displeasure & have Jet mgmt assuage my "hurt" feelings by offering me a ridiculous $8+mil deal to put up with this B.S.! During training camp, I'll show Te-broke how I led the Jet's to 2, straight AFC chmpeenships utilizing my superior talent along with schooling him on how to effectively make copious amounts of interceptions & fumbles "work-4-U" !

That's what he SHOULD'VE said! :D

4. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Or not......

5. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No worries. Tebow will be gone soon and it's back to full on enjoyment all that is Mark Sanchez.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

One year to late. Good for him for finally growing some balls though.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Didn't they pretty much boo him out of the garden during the knicks game today?

8. june19

june19 Active Member

sanchez sucks anyway!!

9. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Yes they did. Luckily, the Knicks winning game 1 overshadowed Sanchez's attendance at MSG.

10. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

And for telling the truth. I can tell he didn't want Tebow to be with the Jets, but he couldn't say anything since at the time he was considered a starter without a doubt. Now that he's not guaranteed anything (except money), Sanchez finally spoke his mind. What does he have to gain? We know that he will be gone by 2014.

We all know that. If you're planning to insult him, get some new material. "Sanchez sucks" is outdated and overused.

11. Duck

Duck Member

just cut him, right after we get no offers at the draft

12. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

It is hardly breaking news. We saw Orton kind of shut down too. He started out with what was by far his worst statistical year in his 7 year career when it was obvious he had had enough of Tebowmania breathing down his neck.

But there is one question that it leads too for Jets fans, many of which have already answered, which was the same answer many Bronco fans had when this same question was asked. If these guys can't handle having an extremely popular backup behind them, doesn't it kind of prove further that guys like Sanchez and Kyle Orton don't have the mental toughness to be a leader in this league? Cuz that is what you need from a QB.

John Elway went through something similar on the early 90s when Dan Reeves wasted a high pick to bring in Tommy Maddox. Didn't really phase him and it worked out with Elway in the end, I'd say.

Not saying that makes Tebow the answer, cuz he still needs to be able to hit the broad side of a barn, or demonstrate he can do more than just long ball and run. Passing ability above that of a mere high schooler is absolutely neccessary. But I think we have proof positive that Sanchez just can't hack it. Time to search for anothe option, and it is clear the Jets are looking to do just that. Last chance for Sanchez... if the Jets don't actually manage to trade him.

13. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Just when you thought he could not be more of a wimpy baby loser he pulls this excuse out of his never ending bag of excuses.

He will never succeed in the NFL. He has the mentality of a complete loser.

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Sanchez was pretty good about not bashing Tebow the whole season. I could understand his comments. Other guys might have said things earlier and honestly what he said wasn't THAT bad. His only concern should be playing better right now. The starting QB job is his and his alone to keep/lose. All he has to do is perform on Sunday and he'll keep his job and money.

I still think he is not the best QB for the Jets. Give him a ton of weapons like Matt Ryan and maybe he'd be better, but on a talentless team like the Jets on offense, I think Tebow is a better option. He's more likely to make lemonade out of the situation than Sanchez.

15. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

ROFL, what would Sanchez bash Tebow about? Tebow wasn't even playing. If anything Tebow should have bashed Sanchez and the organization for starting Sanchez who is a BUST at QB.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Mark should have owned up to the fact that he has regressed as a QB. If he had any since of integrity, he would take a paycut. I hope Tebow is converted to a TE, and Geno take over the QB spot eventually. David Garrard should be our starter for now.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's a good point. He would have a much better chance of remaining and becoming the starter again if he took a cut. Without that he will probably get cut and the very best be a backup for whatever career he may have left.

18. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

If Sanchez is a bust, then so is Tebow. Sanchez accomplished more in his first 3 years than Tebow did. Got to the AFC Championship twice. Tebow managed a good strike in the only win he ever had against a team with a winning record as his claim to fame.

Sanchez = Bust.

Tebow = Bust.

Time to go in a new direction as the Broncos did and select the none of the above option. i introduce to you, Geno.

19. k311

k311 Member

Well Sanchez, it'd sure sell some seats if you learned how to, oh I don't know... NOT play like shit all the time?

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Tebow is a bust, the team that drafted him didn't even keep him more than 2 years. At the end of the day you want a franchise QB if you pick one in the first round.

Sanchez got carried to the AFC Championship game twice by an excellent team.

Hey, I'm ready. I don't care if he shits the bed either, as long as I don't have to watch another season of Sanchez.