Marc Bulger Retires

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NDmick, Aug 3, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-decides-to-retire?module=HP11_headline_stack

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I was hoping Bulger would've replaced Brunell as our backup this season. Oh well.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wouldn't trust Bulger to step on the field, the man was shellshocked, he couldn't play anymore. I was hoping Miami would sign him to start.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Bulger is more talented than Brunell. And our oline is certainly better than St.Louis's....so i'm pretty sure Bulger would've gotten over the shellshock, junc.

5. nyjunc

More talented at this stage? yeah but Brunell in his prime was better than bulger and Bulger is shot, this isa guy who wanted no part of being a starter. if he did he could have signed for good money in a number of places, he's scared at this point. I think brunell can play in a pinch, I wouldn't trust Bulger at all at this point. he was once a good starting QB.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

junc..he didn't want to start in St.Louis because they had a wet piece of paper for an oline. I don't blame him for not wanting to start there....he would've been killed.

7. nyjunc

He had chances to start in other places this year but he chose not to. His last few years in SL damaged him for good in this league.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

That dude took Ken O'Brien level beatings during his career. He deserves to sit on his couch and enjoy his money.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont blame him. he was a very very good qb earlier in his career. i can never blame someone for being shell shocked after taking a beat down for 4 or 5 years.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey I would take that beating for the 50-60 mill he made in his career. Hopefully for him he didn't piss it away on million dollar sound systems in his Volvo.