Mannn, this Tebow-dude can't catch a BREAK!!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

.....just a lil' "light-hearted" news since there's a dearth of interesting TEBOW topics, but dude is now getting ripped by his own followers!!:smile::grin:

"GAYS BLAST TEBOW'S NEW LIBERTY SPEECH PLANS"

Homosexual activists and leftists are blasting a decision by New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow, whose pro-life Super Bowl ad drew widespread attention in 2010, to speak at a Wildfire Weekend conference at Liberty University.....
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/gays-blast-tebows-new-liberty-speech-plans/

This IS where all things "TEBOW" are discussed right?:smile:

2. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

That's just PERFECT!!! Dude finds ways to make himself the center of controversy the worst possible time. He's probably about 4 days away from being released. If the Jets were having second thoughts about keeping him, this distraction might seal the deal for him being shoved out the door.

Good luck finding a job, Timmy!! You must not have thought you had enough working against you. I'm sure the next team you try to land on will get a kick out of that kind of stuff.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

chic fil a is looking for a qb

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Can we just cut this bum already?

5. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

It all starts Tuesday...

6. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

What a fucking degenerate hate monger. Tim Tebow is a piece of shit.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

[​IMG]

8. TTTTebowAndTheJets

[​IMG]

9. phaytal

phaytal New Member

[​IMG]

10. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Not sure if serious?

Tebow is going to speak at Jerry Falwell's University, the undisputed king of hate. The big swinging dick when it comes to hate speech and intolerance. The same guy that blamed gays, lesbians, feminists, and the ACLU for the 9-11, saying that the United States "deserved" the attacks. The same guy that calls Islam and Catholicism 'satanic'. The same guy who has been investigated countless times for embezzlement and fraud.

Being the charlatan that he is, he amassed an estimated net worth of $100m+ 'doing god's work', bleeding the poor, the ignorant and the gullible dry for over 50 years.

He is a piece of shit, and anyone who would endorse or attempt to validate this 'work' by speaking at his University/Church is in turn a piece of shit.

So, yes. Tim Tebow is a piece of shit.

11. TTTTebowAndTheJets

guilt by association is the biggest cop out known to man

12. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

It is tough to plead "guilt by association" in this case. Tim is allowed to choose his speaking engagements and platforms. Tim is choosing to speak and, I assume, receive compensation from an organization well known for intolerance. I am not taking a stance on any of the issues but Tim decides who he works with.
    "Your actions speak so loudly, I can not hear your words." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

13. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I messed up that Emerson quote by the way, I know better than to go off the cuff. Oops.

14. Concerned_Citizen

Really? Then why did he cancel in Dallas? you really think all Tebow was telling the truth when he said it was "New" information that came to light?

He saw the media shitstorm coming and he bailed out. Plain and simple.

You don't like the "guilt by association" thing, but he sure doesn't have a problem taking money from these intolerant groups. That is, until his reputation starts to take a hit. His reputation won out in Dallas though.

15. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I have a tough time understanding why Tim's fans feel like they need to defend his choices or implications of belief. For better or worse, he seems comfortable with what he believes, he chooses where and when he shares his faith. Why does it matter if some detractors view that as hateful, intolerant, unaccepable, etc? Timmy is so committed to his faith, why would he care? Why should you...

16. Concerned_Citizen

Because for some reason, these people feel they have some sort of personal stake in Tebow's success. ANYTHING viewed as a negative should be defended, wiht their lives if neccessary.

They've got this picture of a near perfect human being. They spent the last 3 years defending him tooth an nail. Anything that might point at him as being somewhat less than that too good to be true public image of his, or that he might even be a little bit of a phony just won't be tolerated.

It is kinda like when his handlers threatened to sue that broadway chick that poster her pic with him on the internet when he was standing there with a bunch of slutty looking chicks. On its surface, there wasn't wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I might have been quite jealous. But since he made a pretty good living up to this point with that squeaky clean image of his, I can see why he'd want that pic pulled.

So there is a bit of a fakey element to his image. I think he does overplay that humbleness at times. Dude even lied about having a choice to go to New York. (Tried to make it look like Elway didn't give him a say when he chose the New York media spotlight over his hometown Jacksonville fanbase.)

I think the battle would have been over a long time ago if his defenders would have just come out and admitted he's pretty much like the rest of us. Take him off that pedestal they have him on, and admit he has faults like the rest of us. Few people would be making a big deal out of it if others weren't trying to nominate him into sainthood.

#16 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol:

What a complete and utter crock of shit.

Tebow is being paid by a hate organization to speak at their university. He chose to accept the speaking invitation knowing full and well the history of that church and it's founder, Jerry Falwell. It is one of the most famous Baptist churches in the country, as well as one of the most intolerant and hate-spewing organizations on the planet. It's intolerance for gays and those of other faith is on par with the KKK and it's intolerance for black folks and Jews everywhere.

Pull your head out of your ass.

#17 phaytal, Mar 11, 2013
  18. Concerned_Citizen

He already bailed out of the one in Dallas while pretending he didn't know any of that until it came out in the media.

This is just perfect for him, isn't it? His near spotless image is really all he has left without the NFL, and he's looking like another intolerant bigot taking money from these organizations to go preach. Bailed out of one due to the "new information" but then runs to the next one. Liberty University?

Here's an idea for Timmy, since his career is dying. How about taking time off from cashing in on speaking for hate groups, and working on your game so some team one day might give you the time of day when you tell them you want to be a regular quarterback.

#18 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 11, 2013
  19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

That may be a bit hyperbolic.

20. Concerned_Citizen

Don't know about that. I've seen how angry some Tebow fanatics get at the slightest criticism. Attacking Tebow is almost like attacking someone's religion.

Never seen that before with another player that has gotten so fanatical.

4 things you just don't talk about anymore in public. Race, religion, politics.... and Tim Tebow's future in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.