Mangini, Sutton or Players. Who to blame?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rod_2, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Rod_2

Rod_2 Member

The defense was very soft vs. the run during the game. Eveb though it's pre season, they were way to soft. I think the system should fit the players until you get the palyers you want for your system. I just couldn't tell who or what the problem was.
    Was it the play calling by Mangini?
    Does Bob Sutton actually have input and did a bad job?
    Was it the players not fitting the new system?
    Was it the players are just not that good?

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We need to assign blame for a preseason loss now, too? Damn, I thought this was just for regular season games.

3. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

lol. Preseason games dont mean shit.

In 95 when we went 5-0 in the preseason, who do you give the credit too, Kotite or the players?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think it's that some of the fans just don't get it.

5. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

If you read Mangini's quotes today he said he wasn't pleased with the THIRD STRING defense giving up 2 TD's. It's a freakin preseason game..jeez

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

1 preseason game and we have to BLAME someone?

Come on. I'm sick of the mentality of the world now that as soon as 1 thing goes wrong for 1 second, we have to blame someone.

7. hendersg

hendersg New Member

considering we just lost the AFC championship, I guess they're all to blame...don't you think?

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm gonna blame Hackett...

9. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

doug f*****g Brien

10. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

what the hell has happened to these boards? :breakdance:

11. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

The blame dosent go on anybody, it was a preseason game where the total first team did a pretty damn good job, it was when they were subbing in the 2nd and 3rd string D that shit started to hit the fan, there is a reason why they are 2nd and 3rd string. Its only preseason and all in all I think the Jets did some good things both offensivly and defensivly...and anyway I thought this was supposed to be a rebuilding year, how much blame can anybody take, calm down untill septmeber

12. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

awesome.. tampa bay's 3rd team offense can run against the jets 3rd team defense... very important matchup. with the first teams in, i dont think TB was running all that well. they ran it a lot but i dont think they were really getting much out of it. The only big play was after that BS fumble call. "um yea it's a fumble, but um even though the jets ran with the ball out of the pile...um play stands"

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

The same thing that happened last season...and the season before that...and presumably the season before that...

Most Jets fans are idiots, what can I say?

14. Phyr

Phyr Member

FIRST STRING DEFENSE GAVE UP 11 YARDS. QUIT YOUR YIPPING.

/me flushes kool aid down the toilet.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Why don't you blame the job interview process? That's what preseason games are. They teach guys to do something one way then see how well they can do it in a game. How complex do you think the defenses were that we used Friday noght? Not complex at all, there are probably high schools with tougher D's. It's the way it works. You watch players and compare. If you break down the priorities going into a preseason game, winning the game is probably about 4th. There are far more important things to worry about. The Steelers just lost to the Cards, do you think they are pointing fingers?

16. People have no concept of preseason football or a rebuilding year.

#16 KurtTheJetsFan, Aug 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

The first team gave up measly 11 yards. The rest is the work of 2nd stringers and below.

So... if your reserves screw up on a pre-season game, (which I don't think they did anyway) now you are supposed to find the scapegoat to point your finger at? Way to go, kid.

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Clearly we should blame the un-informed fans. Geee, how did KC do the first game, with their solid superball bound team and coach? Rebuilding, preseason.... those terms mean nothing to those Jet fans.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Now we need to assign blame...

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wow, this board is getting itchy huh?

Look, while I agree it's too early to assign any blame, is it really necessary to jump all over a guy with 56 posts?

There is no blame to assign. Yes, it's preseason. Yes the 1st team just fine. Yes we have zero depth at most positions. Is any of this news? We are rebuilding, and that's the end of it. People are still walking around talking about the Jets winning more than a half dozen games. I still can't see us winning more than 4. No matter what, we have zero chance of winning a playoff game, even if we made it. So let's sit back, crack the beers on Sunday, and wait for the next draft.