Mangini names Chad 2007 starter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BenGrahamFan, Feb 24, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Great news, I see us moving up to draft either Russell or Quinn this year. We are making a move to have it all in place in 09. Next season is a tank job followed by Quinn or Russell in 08.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

No, he said Chad is the starter ENTERING training camp. He didn't say he is the 2007 starter....

Plus, there is NO way we move up to take Russell or Quinn....

3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I see you getting a brain surgery. :up:

4. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I'm not even going to respond to the possibility of us getting Quinn or Russell. Better chance of seeing Ken O'Brien dropping back in the Green and White.

Chad deserves to come into training camp as the starting QB, but looking at teams like Dallas, Washington, Minnesota, Miami etc. it doesn't mean he'll be the starter come week 17.

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

What did you expect anyway? Going into TRAINING CAMP, Chad will be the starter. DUH! Let's see if Kellen can beat him out, because he already looked pretty good last season.

6. JetFanInPA

Yeah, they have to give someone the starting nod ENTERING camp. And why would it NOT be the guy who started 16 games and lead you to the playoffs the previous year?

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

maybe not getting it, but definitely needing it.

Chad earned the position and deserves it. that's not to say keeping it is absolute nor should be.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

your brilliance is sometimeswasted on this site win

9. winstonbiggs

Fortunately the tumor is in remission. You never know.

10. JetFanInPA

You aren't serious that you EXPECT the Jets to trade up for Jamarcus Russell or Brady Quinn right? What has Clemens done to show that he can't take over at QB eventually? I would honestly much rather have Kellen Clemens than Jamarcus Russell or Brady Quinn.

11. winstonbiggs

Thanks for the second opinion doc. :up:

12. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Oh God, here it comes. Lack of arm strength, blah blah blah, can't go deep, blah blah blah, 16 inctercetpions, yada yada yada, can't beat good defenses etc.

Let's just forget that he is 3 for 3 in taking this team to the playoffs when healthy and has a 60% winning percentage on teams that just haven't been that talented.

13. winstonbiggs

It may be wishfull thinking on my part but how can you ask me if I'm serious if you seriously want me to believe you prefer Clemens to Russell or Quinn?

14. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

chad shouldnt be starting if hes going to be throwing the ball the way he holds the ball in that picture.

15. JetFanInPA

I have a good feeling about Clemens. I've heard nothing but great things from interviews with the Jets staff, NFL analysts such as Ron Jaworski and Solomon Wilcots and Adam Schein believe he is a potential star at QB. That is plenty to intrigue me. And yes, I personally am not crazy over either of those Top 2 QBs.

So you are saying that with all of the holes the Jets could fill with their 4 day one picks (OG, OT, DE, NT OLB, CB, WR, HB?), you would rather spend at least 2 or more of them to trade up and get a Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell when we already spent a 2nd round pick last year on a QB who was already meant to be the heir?

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ha ha yeah not the best way to hold it.

Chad deserves to be the starter right now, and will earn it in training camp as well.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The better question is what has Clemens done to show that he can take over as the starter eventually??

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I doubt it is reality but if Quinn gets past Minnesota, I would do anything it takes to move up ahead of the Dolphins to take him.. It might be moot because I do believe Quinn will end up being the #1 pick but I would hate to see the Phins luck out and have him fall into there laps..

19. winstonbiggs

I don't for a minute believe we can fill 8 holes with our first day picks. We will spend a lot of money on first day picks and several of them will have zero impact. We might well be able to fill some holes with the same money in FA as we can through the draft? Chances of getting a franchise QB out of the high first round on the other hand are very slim. The fact is we got one in the entire history of the franchise and he got us a ring.