Mangini must take chances to be a winning NFL Head Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LI JET FAN, Sep 15, 2008.

1. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Mangini came here 3 years ago a young new face with a plan (at least I thought he had a plan). His first year he over achieved. Last year the Jets took a step back with a 4-12 record. The Jets then went out and spent a whopping $140M on free agents and the cherry on top of this was the acquisiton of Bret Favre. This is supposed to be the Jet's year and so far you have to ask yourself if Mangini is the real deal. The Jets lost another game to the Pats at the Meadowlands . The Pats were starting a QB who hadn't started since HS. So what did the Pats do? They passed the ball and the Jets allowed themselves to be totally dominated by the Pats. The same old Jets settling for FG's instead of TD's. Playing the percentages instead of their hearts. Hoping to hold the Pats and play a close game. Favre made one bad throw and the Jets were finished. Mangini has lost his swagger and his inability to out coach his mentor was never made clearer then yesterday's game. This upcoming week will be an interesting one to see if Mangini's team can win a game against a wounded and desperate opponent or just take the normal beating that Jet fans have come to expect on Monday night football

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

When we can't even have Favre throw for 200 yards in a game and he's being kept on pace with Qbs like Pennington for YPG...we're not gonna win shit.

3. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Type that's my whole argument. Mangini must let Favre be Favre and not crawl in to his shell when he throws a interception. Otherwise trading for Favre was just an excuse to sell PSL's to us the fans.

4. typeOnegative13NY

definetly. and we'll only have 1 year with the guy. they better start throwing

5. smsguy

smsguy New Member

3 straight rushing plays with 1st and goal against the Patriots defensive line and we can't go beyond 5 yards. Of course Mangini is an idiot and our offensive line isn't as great as we thought.

6. typeOnegative13NY

I was all for pounding it in even if it took 4 plays. But running off tackle twice was dumb.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Funny you should post that thought. I was thinking the same thing after watching two of the lamest game planning efforts since the days of Paul Hackett. You have to wonder WHY did they sign Farve knowing that Mangina and BS1 was going to keep to the same dink and dunk system.

Farve = PSL sales......

Am I that cynical??? :)

8. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

New England's secondary is suspect. We have at least 4 decent recievers on this team. The plan should have been to pass the ball and score TD's!:beer:
    Instead we go for FG's and try to keep the gamer close. This is why Herm lost his job and Mangini may as well. You play to win the game and you need to take chances in the game to win it!:jets::jets::jets:

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ur preachin to the choir pardner!!! The Jets haven't gone for the jugular since the days of Parcells. We've been playing it safe for so long that I don't think this CS knows any other way..

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mangini needs to PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What bothers me is that you can't sign everybody we did in the offseason and then trade for an all time great QB who is still probably a top 10 QB in the game and not go for it. The CS is coaching as if this is last years team. They need to be aggresive because the AFC has regressed and we certainly are capable of playing with the elite in the conference but we're not going to win shit if this coaching staff doesn't take the training wheels off with Favre.

My real question is why trade for a QB who has never excelled in a conservative style if you aren't going to use him to the best of his abilities and by doing so giving your team the best chance to win. If this is the way Mangini and Schott are going to coach we may have well kapt our draft pick and Pennington.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

exactly.........

I'm gonna turn thisinto a sig ! :mad:

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hopefully he learns from his mistakes... but aren't these the same mistakes from last year?

14. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

^We'll see Sunday if there's evidence of learning.

15. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

How many pass plays does Favre need to know? If he knows 30 thats enough to keep em guessing.

Last year the Pack beat the Chargers in week 3, 31-24 and Favre threw 28 for 35 for 3 TDs and a 369 yards. Mangini needs to take the blinders off and let the horses run.

16. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Unless Mangini let's Favre be Favre, trading for Favre was a waste. This is a guy who owns yardage and TD records in the NFL. He also leads in interceptions but that's the price you pay with Favre. We need to come out throwing Monday night and put the Chargers out of this game early.Otherwise Mangini's no better then Herm was.