"Making a Murderer" on Netflix

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by BeastBeach, Dec 30, 2015.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Anybody else watch this yet?

Very gripping documentary series about Steven Avery who spent 18 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit and then shortly after being released was put back in prison for a murder under very sketchy circumstances.

There are too many details to talk about in an opening post (and I don't want to spoil it for anyone) but at worst they completely framed the guy...at best they ran a terrible investigation/trial. Either way the whole thing is very shady.

Give it a look if you get the chance

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I started watching it, but got bored in the 1st episode half hour into it. The place he lived is only an hour or so from where I live, which is kind of neat.

I'll give it more of a chance later on.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Really? Wow. I couldn't stop watching it once I started

4. NYJalltheway

When your gf talks a lot, particularly about how she Already knows everything about the case, it kind of makes you want to watch on your own time.

BeastBeach likes this.
  5. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

highflyer and BeastBeach like this.
  6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just watched Jessica Jones (EXCELLENT and at times better then Daredevil)

This documentary is next. Jinx was gripping and crazy

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You're not the only one. I put it on when it first arrived and gave up after 20 minutes or so. It's created a buzz online the last couple days so I'll check it out again.

Does it have to be so many episodes tho? These crime shows are stretched out and are very repetitive...on regular TV anyway

JetsVilma28 and NYJalltheway like this.
  8. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I didn't feel like it had a lot of filler. Only parts I didn't like were when they randomly followed his mom or dad around the junkyard looking at random shit. But that was them trying to humanize the family in the face of how the local law enforcement demonized them

9. NYJalltheway

Yeah my gf puts on ID channel for bed every night so I've pretty much seem them all. Idk why this special has to be 10 episodes or whatever.

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I've watched the first few episodes and it's pretty interesting. I intend to finish it, just have a few other things I want to finish first (i.e. Jessica Jones)

11. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

She puts on ID right before bed!? What a wonderful way to get some nice restful sleep.....

One time an episode (I think it was that series--definitely one of those crime history series) about a murdered boy took place painfully close to my house. It was all of maybe four blocks away. Yea, that made me very sad. And yes, our local PD found the SOB that murdered that boy!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  12. NYJalltheway

Yeah she says it's the only channel showing an actual show all night without informationals, or kiddy stuff. I know it's pretty fucked up haha.

13. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This documentary made me so sick.

To even think this guy was guilty is ridiculous, in my opinion. Not one thing added up. Not one. Evidence was clearly planted

Poeman likes this.
  15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Okay so I have seen 5 episodes so far and I had to stop after the episode "Indefensible"

It is a excellent and thorough documentary that has caught this Wisconsin justice system in a serious hole. Wow such cocksuckers.

I felt exhausted and started to get too anxious and upset. I felt so bad for the nephew, it was ridiculous...He clearly got coerced and sucked into this. These piece of shit investigators and that DA who resigned few years ago for sexting are cunts.

I had to read what happened to the outcome of the series because when Brendan was on the phone with his mom and asked her "What 'inconsistent' meant?" I lost it...I couldnt handle it anymore.

I feel bad for Avery too...Dude is just being set up because of those 2 cocksucking guys Lenk and Colburn...Their reputation, careers, and that town's whole system were on the line over that rape case. $36 million was going to be awarded and they planted him with Theresa's car in that junkyard.

It all reeks...I will watch the rest eventually.

I just finished Going Clear (The documentary on Scientology) wow that was crazy.

If you liked Making a Murderer I suggest you guys check out "West of Memphis" This is the documentary about the Memphis 3 boys, very similar to this one. At least that was only 2-3 hours so I bared through the injustice in that one.

Its hard to finish this one right now.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I hope this documentary has the same impact the other film which I also recommend you all watch by the legendary Errol Morris

"The Thin Blue Line"
    Through detailed reenactments and a series of interviews, Morris makes a compelling case that Randall Dale Adams was sentenced to life in prison for a murder he didn't commit. Clearly, it had an impact. About a year after the film was released, Adams was released. Bonus: Phillip Glass composed the haunting score, his first of several collaborations with Morris.

Just incredible impact, hope it happens here

17. Falco21

Yeah this was a rough one. My friends were laughing at me because I was getting so pissed watching it.

It's crazy how not only does nothing add up and the evidence is so obviously planted, but the judge just doesn't seem to give a shit about it either. Appeals denied, evidence allowed even though it's tainted. The whole thing was killing me.

They find a key in his bedroom after going through the rooms 6 times prior. The guy who finds it is Lenk. Coincidence right? Then the key, who was said to have been used by the woman for years, has no DNA on it whatsoever except Avery's. Yeah, that makes total sense.

They check the garage over and over and look through everything. Nothing. They find nothing. No bullets, no blood, nothing. They come back months later and find a bullet. Sent into testing and the woman testing it, infects the sample. Oh, that's OK! Even though that's a breach of every rule and should never be admitted into court as evidence, it's OK. In this case, it's submitted. Oh and the best part? Lenk was there for that search also.

What bothered me the most? The blood vial. Why wasn't this spoken about in trial!! They get the blood vial of Avery's from the rape case and not only is the evidence seal broken and put back together with scotch tape, but there's a pin hole the exact size as a hypodermic needle in the cap!!! Are you kidding me!?!?

This whole thing pissed me off royally

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  18. Falco21

My favorite part though? Was when they caught Colburn big time in a lie.

The scene in the trial with the license plate. How did he know what car it was if it wasn't reported missing yet? How would he have known that was the car unless it was right in front of him.

Wow! Talk about a lie!

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I know right...When they were interviewing Brendan they kept just asking questions like certain things happened.

Did something happen to her head?
    He shot her in the head right?

They say that he tied her up and they sexually assaulted her and cut her throat in the room...yet no sign of that

20. Falco21

Throat was cut in the room. She was raped and tied up. No blood anywhere in the room. None on the sheets, none in the carpet, nowhere. No marks on the headboard from the chains. No sign of any struggle.

They then, apparently, dragged her to the garage where she was shot in the head. No sign of blood anywhere. None from dragging her and zero in the garage. There were thousands of items in the garage. Thousands. Yet no where was there any sign of blood or matter from her head. A shot in the head with no blood.