Madden solo Franchise

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bvon, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Am I the only one who still does this? I'm in my 2nd season with the Jets and Sanchez is already a 94 rating.

Do you guys tweek your rosters before you start? What do you do to make your team as you like it or do you just keep it as it is?

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Well, when I had Madden (my brother stole it) I did this all the time.

I definitely tweek the rosters. I usually don't play with the Jets though. I take a shitty NFC team like the Rams, the Bucs, or the Lions...and make them even worse.

My roommate and I started a franchise together and pass the controller back and forth every couple plays. We take a team and completely rip it apart, and then build it back up through trades, free agency, and the draft.

We took the Bucs and traded everyone single player on their team for someone worse. I had an entire team of players under 77. I traded rookies for rookies, and acquired a lot of my favorite players.

I traded for guys David Carr, Chris Long, and Tom Zbikowksi. It's always fun to use players that you really like. My roommate's a huge Chiefs fan, so in the first off-season, we made a huge trade with the Vikes and acquired Jared Allen and Jasper Brinkley.

It was hard as shit, but incredibly fun to build up a horrible franchise.

#2 Mr Electric, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  3. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

Reading the PS3 online league made me wish I had a newer version than Madden 08. Always Madden 11!

4. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I like to build a team of really young players. It's so crazy how easy it is to get younger players from teams.

I've traded for Brian Cushing, Jake Long, Chris Long, Aaron Curry, Percy Harvin, Rogers-Cromartie. Yes I had to get some help doing so (Had to be the Browns to get Edwards, damn PS2, and stole their draft picks) Now in my 2nd season, my team is overall a 93.

I also drafted a punter, the guy ended up being an 85 overall, 96 leg strength, and he is 6'7! My 7 year old wanted to be the kicker in the game, a 77 overall and renamed "Keenan Chicken". We also renamed the two CBs we drafted "Badger" and "Duck"

I really worry about that boy sometimes....

5. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Here's a look at my roster for my franchise. Like I said, I like my team to be young so I can have long careers for them.

--
    QB

Mark Sanchez 94 Overall
    Byron Leftwich 77 Overall
    Damon Barker 73 Overall (Drafted player)

HB

Leon Washington 98 Overall
    Cedric Benson 71 Overall
    Shonne Greene 70 Overall (I use him as my Fullback, he's really good there.)

FB

Jackie Abbott 71 Overall
    Tom Zlotnik 53 Overall
    (See why I use Greene now?)

WR

Braylon Edwards 93 Overall
    Percy Harvin 90 Overall
    Jerricho Cotchery 85 Overall
    David Clowney 76 Overall
    Ashley Lelie 71 Overall

TE

Dustin Keller 82 Overall
    Brandon Pettigrew 76 Overall

LT

Jordan Gross 99 Overall (Free Agent Signing)
    Jake Long 97 Overall

(Long starts at RG where he is a 95)

LG

Alan Faneca 99 Overall
    Jacob Bell 91 Overall (Free Agent Signing, should replace Faneca when he retires)

C

Nick Mangold 99 Overall
    Matt Birk 92 Overall (Free Agent Signing...no idea why I got him tho..)

RG

Brandon Moore 86 Overall
    Kendall Simmons 85 Overall

(Jake Long starts here, these two are just depth)

RT

Damian Woody 94 Overall
    Willie Anderson 87 Overall

LE

Paul Spicer 75 Overall

(Brian Cushing starts here and is a 99 here)

RE

Chris Long 91 Overall
    Michael Johnson 87 Overall
    Corey Williams 86 Overall

(Aaron Curry starts here who is a 98, Chris Long plays 2nd DT behind Kris Jenkins)

DT

Kris Jenkins 99 Overall
    Sione Pouha 83 Overall
    Chris Hoke 81 Overall

(Chris Long is 2nd in the depth chart here, he's a 75 overall there.)

LOLB

Brian Cushing 97 Overall
    Aaron Curry 97 Overall
    Vernon Gholston 82 Overall

(Gholston starts, much like the real Jets, never plays.)

MLB

Bart Scott 98 Overall
    David Harris 88 Overall

ROLB

Calvin Pace 85 Overall

(David Harris starts here, he's a 90)

CB (Where it gets interesting)

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 96 Overall
    Darrelle Revis 96 Overall
    Reggie Badger 85 Overall (Drafted)
    Sean Smith 84 Overall
    Steve Duck 83 Overall (Drafted)
    Dwight Lowery 75 Overall
    Justin Miller 68 Overall (Kick and Punt Returner)

FS

Tommy Fryar 85 Overall (Drafted)
    Ahmad Carroll 71 Overall

(Sean Smith starts here, he's an 80 Overall here)

SS

Jim Leonard 91 Overall
    Bill Taylor 76 Overall (Drafted)

K

Keenan Chicken 79 Overall (My son...yeah, he named the guy too)

P

Kory Lyle 85 Overall (Drafted and 6'7!!)

So yeah, this is my team. I'm loving the whole thing. Some advise on where to draft would be great too, I'm thinking someone to replace Jenkins down the line for sure. I play on All-Pro and am looking to score 100 Passing TDs in ONE season, I was close last season (89).

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

I drafted a Qb in the second round.. 97 throwing power, 85 short accuracy, 85 medium accuracy, 75 deep accuracy.. everything else about him is horrible.. Still hes an 85 overall..

8. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I once drafted a HB in the 1st round, was an 88 overall, best guy I've ever drafted.

I have real bad luck when it comes to drafting QBs tho, just cannot seem to find a good fit. 85 is really good, esp when the ratings are revamped.

9. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Anyone just destroy any records?

I had Leon Washington rush for over 3,100 yards last season.

10. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I used to love Madden 02 (I think? Maybe 01? i don't feel like looking it up) when after the first year the Texans came into the league. You could do the franchise draft and everything and the players on your team were so terrible.

BTW Bvon, Reggie Badger is a sweet name. Even sounds like a corner.

11. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I'll be honest, I never have used a "bad" team like you other guys. I'm always the Jets, keep most of the current roster and tweek it a bit.

Like now, I have Cotchery/Edwards as my main two WRs, Percy Harvin is my big deep threat and my 3rd WR, but, who leads the team in TD catches? Dustin Keller.

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I like building up a Franchise too. But I try to keep it as real as possible. I don't see the fun in having all those superstars on the team. I kept the original team from when Madden '10 came out and started building up the team from there. I'm up to 2013/14 already and I still have Mangold and Revis on the team. I think it's totally gay to cheat the CPU out of 1st round picks and stockpile unless ur in a transition year. I generally try to give myself rules. Once every 3-4 years, I'll get a 2nd 1st. For example, Revis wanted insane money, so I had to dump Sanchez. Traded him (92) to the Giants for their 1st round pick.

I like to find gems in the later rounds. I have more than a handful of players from rounds 3-5 that came with high rating or high potential grades. My RB is a beast and I found him in the 4th. I once drafted a WR in the 3rd who came in with high grades and ratings and his career ended on the last game of the Pre-season. That hurt. My friend told me not to save it, but I take those things as they come. I don't usually end up keeping many players once they hit 30 and create holes for my team to upgrade every year. In that 5 year span, I've made 2 SB appearances and only won 1 which is reasonable. But that's just me tho.

13. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I guess we all play different. I like to just destroy everyone and score as many points as I can. Like I said, I play on all-pro and am trying to just shatter every record there is. I have two big goals.

1. Throw 100 TDs in a season (Came close my rookie year with Sanchez (89) and now in his 2nd season, Sanchez has now 44 in just 7 games.)

2. I'd love to throw 100,000 yards for a career with Sanchez, yes, it's an insane number and I doubt I'll reach it (As of now, he has 9,509 in 23 games)

I'd also love to get Leon Washington 50,000 on the ground, but, that will never happen. (71 games, 6,178 yards). I play it to see just how high I can rack up points and records. It really never gets boring for me.

When it comes to getting draft picks, I love to stockpile them to build for the future. I plan on getting a DT to replace Jenkins and a RT to eventually start as well.

Anyone know what year Jenkins retires?

14. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I only have 2 games to go in my current franchise, I'm thinking of trading Kris Jenkins, Faneca, and Woody after the season for draft picks, getting other guys and building them up. What do you guys think?

Note: Steve Duck picked off his 20th INT of the season last game.

15. 624

624 Banned

Bvon doesn't it get boring just dominating every team?

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'd get incredibly bored.

17. 624

624 Banned

Yeah I remember when I was in like 6th grade it was fun to score 130 points a game...but now it would just be so boring to go 16-0 every year and shatter every record with a whole team of All-Pros against an easy CPU rating.

18. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Nope, it's never boring to me. I look forward to each season, every game.

I might try and be the worst team I can find, but, for now, I'm pretty good where I'm at.

19. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Plus as I said before, I want to have those huge numbers and insane records. I have not played a Madden game all the way through to see a rookie retire. A chance to have 100,000 passing yards isn't as far away as you'd think. It's crazy, but, it's something in gaming to do.

20. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I love playing franchise and building teams through the draft. I always find really good receivers in the mid rounds. Tight Ends are also pretty easy to come by too.