Madden Question

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by section331flagman, Aug 17, 2007.

1. section331flagman

section331flagman Active Member

I have Madden 08 for 360. I play with the Jets. I can not figure out how to use the smart LB weapon with J.Vilma. It constantly shows the brickwall icon for Vilma. I have seen this with other defenders and QB's who have more than just the "smart" weapon Anybody know how to utilize this????

2. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

football video game section mb?

3. section331flagman

my bad.....................

4. section331flagman

Has anyone had this situation and ben able to figure it out? I was plaing against the saints last night. Drew Breeze is an accurate" QB AND a "smart" QB. He could not use the smart light bulb read either. It is frustrating to not be able to use that weapon.

5. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Yup, its a bug in the game sadly. If you are a smart LB BUT you have other weapons like heavy hitter or brick wall they somehow override the Smart LB and you cannot use the ability during the game :( Quite sucky, hopefully they fix it soon.

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

wow man where have u been?

7. section331flagman

I appreciate your info, thanks! I too hope they fix it soon. I use the Jets EXCLUSIVELY, and they only have 6 weapons to begin with. Most of the people I play are teams with at least 9 or 10. It would be nice to use that smart LB feature with Vilma. Maybe they will send a patch??????

8. Duk Dodgers

Smart Weapons are pretty good but its not a deal breaker. If someone is running the same play on you again and again you should already be able to think of ways to stop it. I lost 1 game online recently to this guy who ran about 3-4 plays :( Is it just me or are Screen the new money plays in madden. I have a few good one's myself but the one he was running just was hard as #$*& to stop and when I positioned myself correctly he just but had another guy who he was in single coverage that he could go to.

Until then, Vilma should be a force fumbling machine, just time your hit stick and enjoy the jets until they update it and we have a horrible LG.

9. Duk Dodgers

playing madden where else :grin:

Man, with all these games coming out and burning a hole in my pocket I have been working a little more to get some extra $$$.

10. rillo

rillo New Member

Man tell me about it between the Wii and 360 i'm freaking broke for the next couple of months.....LOL

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The Jets fukin suck on madden 08. I was 5-1 on all pro in franchise,but that was with chad having 1 td and like 11 ints. T jones still no 100 yard game. Now i'm 5-4. No matter what i do,it's an INT. I can't stop anyone anymore after the D winning 5 games for me. I can't even run a play action because Chad gets sacked too quick. (kinda like reality). Forget reading the field,Chad is toast.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Well I've had no issues wrecking most everyone with the Jets on all-pro level so far. Maybe it's not the Jets who suck?

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: you're probably right.

14. Duk Dodgers

It took me a little while longer to get used to this version thanks to the new a.i. Screens are the new money plays, find a playbook that employs them in a variety of formations.

I do get sacked running Play Action sometimes, but usually I should have audibled to another play if it looks like a fire blitz. Just stick with it, a number of routes that used to be good (slants) are horrible now but you can find other things to make up for it.

15. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

is it just me. Or does cotchery drop A LOT of passes. Every time i send him on a slant in and pass it to him, it hits his hands and then hits the ground. He's good at catching in traffic but on some routes i find that stuckey has better hands (he's a beast btw)

16. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

madden for ps2 sucks.. all the guys look the same. the game hasnt changed in 3 years. i need ps3

17. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Why isn't Revis a weapon on the jets, Ginn Jr. from the Dolphins is?

The weapons for the Jets are:
    Ellis - power
    Miller - speed
    Vilma - brick wall, smart
    Coles - hands, possesion, speed
    Crotchery - hands
    Chad - Accurate - why not a smart qb?

No Rhodes or neon Leon??

18. Pride

Pride New Member

What weapon would they give revis? GInn has speed weapon, you dont have to be good to have that weapon, Yamon Figurs has the speed weapon and is like a 67. I could see leon with elusive back and rhodes im not sure, hes not a big hitter so there goes that and brick wall defender, he's not really on the level of a smart safety so whats left after that?

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Just turn the weapon system off, it causes the too many fumbles glitch. BTW, Revis doesn't need to have some weapon assigned to him, he's nasty already.

I just won the superbowl last night and he was MVP for making an INT and returning it to the house for the game winning TD in the 4th. Won DB of the year, made pro-bowl, but didn't win D-ROY for some reason. He picks the ball off all the time - sick.

20. JustEndTheSeason

JustEndTheSeason New Member

Anyone have Madden for psp ?Any good ?