Madden - Game freezing?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Predator, Aug 19, 2007.

1. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Has anyone else had a problem with thte game freezing? It's happened to me twice so far (out of only 6 or 7 games played) (on 360)

It happens at the end of the game, the first was just a play now, with about 15 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Then the next one was after my first game of my franchise, the game was actually over, while it was showing the final score, which pissed me off since it was a great game, stats wise.

This happened alot with last years edition too, but I thought it was just because my disc had a scratch in it.

2. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Happening to me too. I love 360 but man does it have problems reading disks sometimes.

3. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

mine has been perfectly fine. Im running PS3. A little bit of jitteryness in parts but not very much at all. But absolutely no freezing for me. PS3 FTW!

4. rillo

rillo New Member

R.R.O.D......sorry to tell ya....thats what happen 2 me playing last years....

5. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

No freezing but a lot of fumbling

6. rillo

rillo New Member

Fumbles r out of control....

7. The Predator

I'm gonna be so ungodly pissed if I get the RROD now, my system better be working just fine for when Halo 3 drops.

How long did it take you to get your system back? And can I just send my system in to get fixed or upgraded even if I haven't recieved the ring yet?

8. rillo

rillo New Member

took about just under 2weeks....i was really pissed also. U can try to see if u can return it but i doubt it.....just call damn tell'em you have RROD send it out ASAP

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If your XBOX 360 is close to the floor sometimes dust gets caught inside and the discs become hard to read...before you start to play the game, take it out of the system and clean it off with your shirt. I've been doing this with most of my games and my system's only frozen about 3 times in 2 months.

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I fumbled with Jones 3 times in one game going for the truck stick against Cornerbacks!

Against most safties and linebackers i'll just cover the ball up...Fumbles have been insane.

11. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

I don't know whats up with the 360. I had the same problem with mine. Monster stats and then the screen locks up with my controller being non responsive. I just sent the unit to the shop for the second time. My unit is sold as soon as I get it back though. I'm done with the regular 360 but I did go out and get 360 Elite with a warranty at BestBuy so FTW!

12. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i actually havent had that big a problem with fumbles. Maybe i just play a little smarter (sry if i sound pompous) First, i never highlight stick with a defensive player because they will fumble. Second, I dont highlight stick in a group of defenders or if im gonna get hit immediately after. In those cases ill use spins or jukes to try and fake out multiple people. LColes' jukes are nasty and can just kill anybody in the open field

13. rillo

rillo New Member

Same here i i don't use the highlight stick @ all unless its like a one on one situation....but my fumbles occur when i use the stiff arm and when i'm gang tackled

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i got ps3 and have no issues. out of hours upon hours of gameplay i think the game slowed down for 1 second like once.

fumbling is pretty bad but for the most part I dont have a whole lot of trouble with it. the only issue is sometimes if I hit the stiff arm button after contact is initiated. then it almost looks like a lateral.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I've had it freeze up 2x and they were both after leaving the game paused for an extended period of time. BTW, did they really take away the mid-game save option??

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

I've had no freezing but one weird problem when I put the disc in I get a white screen and it says please put this disc in an XBox 360 console. I clean it off on my shirt and then it's fine. It's weird. It happens every once in a while. It happened to me once before with Need for Speed Most Wanted

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but this reminded me of the original Nintendo cartridges. Remember you used to have to "blow in them" to make them work?

18. The Predator

Well I called up XBOX and got some jackass on the phone, he made me punch in some code to refigure the hard drive and then set the date/time correctly, he said that should take care of it.....only time will tell....

Today it froze after a 48-7 womping of the Bills in franchise, with 2 picks returned for TDs and some great rushing numbers, which I really needed if I want Gore to get into the Pro Bowl.

19. Drew

Drew Active Member

Yeah... I thought the same thing. I don't care if it happens now and then as long as my box keeps working smoothly.

20. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Funny story for you guys.. I bout my XBOX back in Feb. of this year... I'm on my 4th refurb from Microsoft.. I've had it all.. Rings of Death, Bad CPU, Disc Unreadable.. you name it.. Well, yesterday I call XBOX to request service for the unreadable disk issue again.. So I'm talking to the rep.. He says "Mr.. I noticed this is your 5th service call.. I'm going to ensure this doesn't happen to you again" .. I burst out laughing, and at the same time he does.. He knows the quality of product he represents is a complete joke.. And it sucks too because your out of commision for like 3 weeks when you get a refurb.. With the "Special Box" shipment, then send it back ..etc.. What a sorry ass product.. Carry on..