Madden 12 info thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by wildthing202, Mar 22, 2011.

1. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

This thread has nothing to do with this: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover

Teaser video released today:
    [YOUTUBE]rB7YeN11ykg[/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7YeN11ykg&feature=channel_video_title

[​IMG]

Also possible improved ball physics.

Information release schedule:
    http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/playbook-blog

Playbook #1
    X-Books & Gameplay
    April 28

Playbook #2
    Presentation
    April 28

Playbook #3
    Franchise & Superstar
    May 16

Playbook #4
    Dynamic Player Performance
    June 6

Playbook #5
    Madden Ultimate Team
    June 20

Playbook #6
    July 25

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I just wish there was more. Seems interesting so far.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

so far all I see is the same thing, new year.

until I see changes to franchise mode and Superstar, I think madden will continue to be the worst sports sim on the market (for the most popular sport available in the US). It has to get better, but I just don't think it will any time soon.

Ratings are updated in every new game, how is this new?

Rating updates mid-year has been happening for years

more than 1 fucking introduction to the games would be nice...

another new kick meter? didnt we just get one of those?

the last thing anybody cares about is actually seeing the grass around the foot of the player running down the field when there are so many issues in the gameplay. Yeah nice presentation touch to make the game more "real" but if the game doesn't play right, it wont be worth anything

Custom playbooks because Gameflow failed so hard last year it almost rivaled the QB vision cone for worst madden addition ever, they decided to try again.

surprise onside kicks is actually a useful addition. get ready to get raped online by cheapskates who never want to give up the rock...

#3 nyjetsrule, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You can fake onside kick twice a game max if I remember correctly. I will have to assume that they will have a counter to it for the return team, whether that is simple as a surprise onside recover player or something else I don't know.

Player tendencies and dynamic rating's good be good if they do it right. I have always been annoyed that tendencies mean nothing in the game. I also don't like how guys play to their ratings all the time. Look at Sanchez, he is rated right around an 80 but sometimes he plays like a 55 and sometimes he plays like a 95. Hopefully dynamic ratings can do something similar.

I don't know if Franchise will actually be worth a shit but I know they didn't touch it last year because they had people working on a two year franchise overhaul. We should get to see if that was a waste of time or not soon.

5. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

i just finished a game of madden 11. i was down 14 with 2 min to go. I got an 80 yd pick 6 to cut the lead to 7. I get the onside. I'm driving down the field while running the clock down to score with no time left. I fumble (of course).

i took my disk and threw it in the fucking dumpster. if madden 12 is anything like this piece of shit I'm not buying

6. Christian

Christian Active Member

Franchise used to be the only reason i played Madden. Shitty gameplay bugs doesnt bother me really but was pissed me off to no end in Madden 08 was the player progression. You could have the MVP of the league and his rating would hardly go up. What the fuck.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

Franchise and Superstar sucked huge dicks in 11. I'm saving my dollars for LA Noire, at least I know that game won't kick me in the nuts once a year for several years running.

8. ukilledkenny

Luckily I am not a franchise player so the last few years have not bothered me very much but those two modes sucked dick in 11 because they were the same thing from 10.

Supposedly there will be a completely new franchise mode this year but unless it is the shit I won't be looking at it.

I would like to be able to skip Madden but the gameplay has gotten to a point since 10 where I can play online and get a decent game going probably 80 to 90% of the time. I will probably get suckered into getting my football fix again this season.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

My gripes with Madden (hence my stoppage with it)

1. Playbook size: both offense AND defense are severely lacking. In any normal game, offense plays up to 90 snaps a game. Out of the 90 snaps, you will NEVER see an exact same play from exact same formation. Unless you're playing Madden, of course!

This applies to defense as well - how many times do you think the defense dials THE EXACT SAME BLITZ PACKAGE from EXACT SAME PERSONNEL? Of course, that happens if you are playing madden.

2. Unreal game plays:

ILBs jumping three feet high to make a spectacular interception, or safeties basically 'gliding' from hash mark to hash mark to stop the running attack in an instance, weak, small DEs pushing much stronger OLs 4-5 yards behind the LoS on a run play, then there's this Kris Jenkins who gets pancaked by the opposing C snap after snap.

These are just tip of an iceberg. Fuck off, Madden. I'm fed up with those bullshit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madden UI sucks. Madden Simulation sucks. Simply, anything Madden sucks big hairy balls. I stopped playing that horseshit for some time because of it.

10. wildthing202

Thank god this became the bitch about 11 thread instead of the info on 12 thread...

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What did you expect?

Madden football SUCKS ASS. (Thus I stopped wasting my money on that shit.)

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Well, at the same time re-read the 11 thread. Everything that the Madden fanboiz tried to defend was burned to the ground.

The Coins, The gameplay...EVERYTHING.

And it isn't even a matter of opinion. The game was chock full of shit and yet fanboiz were up in arms defending it when people were stating facts.
    Funny though how as the thread kept going the main culprits disappeared....

Now comes this and you expect happiness, rabbits, and roses?

The game is flawed, it had been for years.
    Every year they suck the fanboiz in with promises of this and that while totally ignoring what is wrong with the game. They refuse to address it so they will get blasted online.
    In the end, they have the license but We'll keep our $60 (or $20)

13. wildthing202

Not really expecting roses but I don't really need to hear about someguy's failed comeback. Not sure what exactly a late fumble had to do with 11 being broken.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

11 is pretty good imo. they could take a few notes from 2k on presentation though. i like the new physics engine and hopefully it takes the next step in its 2nd yr.

15. Royal Tee

You don't need to or don't want to?
    The guy's story is one that happens over and over because Madden is broken and things like this happen every game...all the time.

So, basically you will stop hearing about it when it stops happening which IMO is no time soon.

You can go back afa you can and read what I have said many times, all they do is try and cover up the BS instead of trying to fix it.

Add to that now the attempt to get more $$$ out of you on top of the $60 by putting coins and other shit to buy...along with them making used game purchasers pay a fee to "register" and play online.

It is quite a slap in the face to the consumer who keeps paying for it.
    Some of us have had enough and refuse to buy while others are ok w/mediocrity and ending up w/ a $100 "experience"

16. wildthing202

You mean fumbles happen in the game? Is it a glitch or something cause I doubt a fumble ever happens in real life........

A fumble is not a glitch. I can see complaining about INTs but fumbles, give me a break.

Well the used fee if for the people who buy the game used for $55 at gamestop in which EA gets nothing for it vs. whatever they get it at retail.

Again this is the 12 info thread, if you want to bitch there is a Madden 11 thread.

17. Royal Tee

It's responses like this that really make people understand the fanboi-ism.

It's not that it happened, it's when it happened.
    But fine, keep your head in the sand...it...as you said, it's a Madden 12 thread so.

Let's talk about how fuked up this game is going to be.
    oh wait, just look @ Madden 11 !

18. ukilledkenny

Scared to be labeled a fanboi but I see nothing out of the ordinary here to bitch about. Has a team never been driving to send a game to overtime and fumbled before? Yeah, it sucks because fumbles are basically out of the user's control but as far as "Madden is a broken game" stories go this is weak.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im confused. A fumble is a glitch?

Whoa, mad cheat codes.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

exactly. theres plenty of things to complain about. a fumble not being one of them.

actually in my franchise shit is ultra realistic. Jenkins has been injured for 2-5 games each season yet is literally unstoppable on the field.

bart scott, traded him after like 3 yrs cuz of his contract (he needs to restructure after this year)

sanchez is truly feast or famine even after i got him up to a 92

LT slowly lost his usefulness once McKnight progressed

Harris is a run stopping machine.

anyways if you guys are going to complain about madden try to refer to the other holes in the game outside of the fact Scoffaveli didnt pull off a comeback