Macc WTF?????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

WTF! Not a single 2nd round DP on the roster? Marcus Maye was injury prone in college and they draft him anyway? GTFOH Macc. This is beyond stupid at this point. Casserly's protege doesn't have a f'n clue how to assemble a team. He doesn't even impress me as a scout since you would think a true superscout wouldn't use a 2nd rd. pick on a injury prone safety. Better luck next year Marcus..

If they don't fire Macc, nothing changes here in Jetland until they do. Forget 2019. 2020 will be the year 2018 should have been.

This is fckn ridiculous!! Belichek was right when he said: "Who has been wrong more than Charley Casserly"

Taken from ESPN New York- Rich Cimini:

"No surprise here: S Marcus Maye (shoulder) has been place on injured reserve, ending his injury-plagued second season (only six games). The second-round jinx strikes again? This is hard to believe, but the Jets have no second-round picks on the roster — their own picks, that is. Maye appears headed for surgery, which would be two in less than a year. Maye had durability issues in college, and it's fair to wonder if they've emerged again. CB Jeremy Clark was signed from the practice squad."

FTR, I'm really getting tired of this shit with this team...

grkmanga31, dogg, NYJetsO12 and 5 others like this.
  2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Are we sure he’s really injured?

LF911SC, TonyFtLaud, Harpua and 3 others like this.
  3. Cman68

Yeah.. hard to fake a surgery..

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Frackin Macc! How'd he not predict the future and see this 2 years ago!!

5. Cman68

Kid had a injury history in college. You would think that would have been a consideration when drafting a safety. Why would a supposed super scout draft a safety with a injury history in college and expect it not to happen in a league where everything is bigger, faster and the collisions are much harder? I dunno... Maybe I'm being a bit too hard on Casserly's protege.....

Nah..

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Mac extension imminent.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Taking back to back safties in the first 2 rounds was an interesting decision when we needed playmakers on offense.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'm having a hard time feigning outrage on this one

10. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Besides the arm break in his senior year, what other injuries did he have? I don't remember Maye being injury prone in college?

It was pretty clear we went after two run stopping safety's with enough speed to cover deep from qtrs/nickle. Wasnt a huge fan of the back to back picks but
    after last year you have to admit we looked like we had the safety positions covered for the next decade.

11. Rollo Tomassi

To be fair, he was not injury prone in college and he played in all 16 games his rookie season.

But.... AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH JETS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. Cman68

I have dug deep but could not uncover any news whatsoever about Maye's college injury record. Most likely because that is private information and not shared. I don't know how many games there are in a SEC season but I did find that Maye played 6 in his freshman year, 11 sophmore, 12 junior and 9 senior. In the Pros, he's played 22 out of 27 games so far and all 16 in 2017. Looks like he's having a bad streak of injuries in 2018 but not as bad as Cimini intimated. He's no where near Devin Smith territory. Perhaps the Scouts and Cimini's contacts have access to information that Joe the fan doesn't..

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Like I said, Mac is a freakin joke who's been exposed. Fire him yesterday!!!

Baumeister, NYJetsO12 and tomdeb like this.
  14. Rollo Tomassi

He didn’t start immediately as a red shirt freshman on a power football program then played all his college games until he broke his forearm senior season and missed his last 4 games.

Played in all 16 games as a rookie.

So from midway through his redshirt freshman year through his rookie season he’s played in every game save for a broken forearm.

Not injury prone. He’s actually one of our toughest hitters and surest tacklers. A box safety playing free safety.

Btw, this defense is markedly better when he’s playing than when he’s not.

He and Jamal should lock down the safety spots for the next decade.

Positions to never worry about for the foreseeable future.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

"Interesting" isn't quite the word I'd use.

NYJetsO12 and JetsNation06 like this.
  16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100 % but the Mac lovers on this board will go after you. They must be satisfied with his job after four years. I personally think the jets are worse now than when Mac took over. Their effort and their record supports that conclusion.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

You guys know what this means right? It means that now Mac is going to up and draft a fucking safety on day two. Infact, and with nothing at stake, I predict that if Twack and Mac are still around. The Jets will trade down, rather than take that edge rusher that's going to be there at 1,2,3,4 or whatever.

They'll get a couple of early picks and one of those fuckers will almost assuredly be another fucking safety. THEN, after taking a guy and getting raked over the coals because they passed up a top tier OLineman or potential 1WR type. They'll spin that shit as Bowles now having 3 safeties to run the defense he wants and that 2nd, or 3rd ranked, edge rusher they took with the other pick will be just as good as the top guy. He didn't show it because of, you know, reasons.

I know this is a bit overblown due to what seems like just bad string of injury luck after a full rookie season, but I've seen this movie enough to recognize the story points and plot twists. Sadly, I'll keep on tuning into this shit show hoping for new results. Anyway, who's the consensus 2nd best safety in next years draft because I'd like to preemptively welcome him to the NY frickin Jets.

18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

All for ripping Mac but Maye was not an injury prone safety in college. It's unfortunate he's hit a string of injuries in his sophomore campaign, but that is something that is way out of Mac's control. How about you rip him for not having a single 2015 draft pick on the roster besides Leonard Williams. How about you blame him for wasting a 2nd on Hackenberg and a 3rd and 4th on Stewart and Hansen? Blaming him for Maye is a joke.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

HO LEE FUK

Cman... Twist one and pour some bourbon. This thread is stupid

Dude missed one game his sophomore season and broke his arm in his senior season.... I wasnt a fan of drafting back to back safeties but he played pretty F-in good for a rookie last year....

This season is already lost. Id rather he he get "cleaned up" at this stage than drag out injuries for no reason

20. Rollo Tomassi

You are not showing the appropriate amount of outrage.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  21. stinkyB

Read the advice at the beginning of my post ;)

BacktoQueens likes this.
  22. stinkyB