Look familiar?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GBA, Dec 26, 2008.

1. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I was browsing nfl.com and ran across this clip and I couldn't help but think of last week.

at :11

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80da4e96

.. trying to come back from a 4th quarter deficit, deep ball thrown into double coverage, bobbled in and out of the corner's hands.

A lot of people are calling for this guy's head, saying he drops too many passes, whines too much, he's burnt out, slow, etc. As much as he's been called out for his poor performance this season, Coles has been a leader, a clutch player, and a workhorse on this team. There are some WRs that are 'droppers', but at this point in his career, I'm sorry, but I can't consider Coles one of them.

The guy may be running on fumes, but I think he deserves a lot of respect for what he's done for this franchise.

:jets:

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

That was an awesome catch by LC! Amazing.

3. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i miss those days

4. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Yeah, that was a great season the Jets had that year . . .

5. Kenny

Kenny New Member

u realize jets were 6-1 and didnt even make the playoffs that year?

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

we just may be saying 5 years from now "you realize the jets were 8-3 that year and......"

you finish the rest..

jil

7. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

So, he made a spectacular catch, and suddenly he is still a god send. I can show you a highlight of robert ferguson making a even better catch then that about 60 yards down the field in double coverage, diving, catching it with his finger tips right at the goal line, as the defender tipped teh ball.

Does that mean Robert Ferguson is a godsend?

Use your head. He will, and should, catch most of the balls thrown that are catchable: But in key moments this year he has not come up witht eh big play. Yeah. he did against KC, but it wasn't a game ending play. If he drops it, the game is still winnable.

Just one of those things. He is a decent WR, not a great one. You need your play makers (and he seems to think he is THE play maker on the team) to make the plays when needed. He just... hasn't done it. At least, not this year.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I agree with Packerbacker. Coles isn't the player he was in that video. Not by far.

9. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Coles definitley deserves a lot of respect for his Jets career. He has been a good player for us. However I think its time for a change.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, fuck him. if he wants any well wishes, he'll renegotiate his contract so that it isn't guaranteed, ask to be released, and go to Miami where he really wants to play.

11. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I don't see how that relates to what I posted..

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You're saying he deserves respect. Apparently, he wants a LOT of respect. He's been reliable over the years, but this yr.? He's been terrible with just one great game against the Cards. I really can't stand his bitching a moaning after every poor outing of his. He couldn't catch the ONE deep pass that Favre actually was accurate on and he's supposed to be our no.1 WR.

Have you seen his numbers this yr? and last yr? He hasn't been good in clutch this yr at all. He hasn't produced the numbers that a no.1 WR should and he certainly doesn't give a fuck the fans and CS think about his lousy ass. All he cares about is that his contract is guaranteed with shit loads of money and no homework. This SOB won't do much on Sunday either cuz he doesn't wanna play another game this season. Maybe not even another game for the Jets. I hope he renegotiates his contract and is traded to Miami. We draft a 6 feet 5 WR with our 20th overall pick next yr., and a CB with our 40th overall after trading up.

Pick up a QB in the free agency (McNabb is too old now. Maybe Cassell, if not resigned), and get some DL depth with the remaining first day draft picks (we may get shit loads of draft picks...Just hope Washington and Saints lose this wk).

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Year 2000..................9-7 no playofffs, 3rd in AFCE....soumds very similar to this year.

Can't miss those days too much.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

8 years older, and a hell of alot richer from his rookie year, and a piss poor additide..........i'd say he's changed alot!!!!

#14 WW85, Dec 27, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  15. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

What a catch!

In the first half of that game, he dropped one that was right in his hands; it was a much easier catch than the TD.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

maybe we can trade him to washington for 3 first rounders