Lock of the Week 17

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by Yisman, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

two regular picks:

Arizona Cardinals -6.5
    Pittsburgh/Cleveland UNDER 33.5

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Lock: Denver/SD OVER 49

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Denver +8.5

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

www.jetsdaily.com

26-19-3 on the season, 1-2 last week. Funny how I hit the New England vs Arizona over just by Patriots points, but the other two were way off.

I have three picks once again, and I really like all three.

Bills +6 over Patriots
    I'm not so confident about a straight up win, but the Bills are going to be motivated, and 6 points is too much the way Buffalo has been playing lately. At last notice, the wind was 40-50 miles-per-hour, which should benefit the Bills and level the playing field a little bit. LT Jason Peters and RB Marshawn Lynch will both miss the game for Buffalo, but so will DE Richard Seymour. The only thing I'm worried about is that the wind might stop any field goals from being made, so it might be a battle of 7's, but I'm confident that Buffalo will play hard again.
    Patriots 24, Bills 21 (OT)

49ers -3 over Redskins
    Washington beat Philadelphia last week, in a game which had to mean a lot to them, ruining the Eagles' playoff hopes. This week, they're traveling out west in a game that means nothing for them. Mike Singletary just earned himself the coaching job next season, and I really like the way they have played over the past month. Even last week, the Rams had them beat all day, but San Francisco came back late to steal that game. This one will be a little easier, especially since Frank Gore appears like he will play.
    49ers 24, Redskins 14

Vikings -7 over Giants
    You have to love week 17 lines. The defending champs will play a lot of David Carr and Derrick Ward, while Minnesota desperately needs this game. And let's be honest. David Carr is horrible. The Giants want Ward to get 1000 yards, and he needs just 52 yards for that. I can't see an unmotivated backup Giants team keeping this one really close when this means the Vikings' season.
    Vikings 27, Giants 13

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

add 7 point -120 teaser. Denver to +14.5 and OVER to 42. Make that teaser a best bet.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Best bet: 2nd half teaser, 7 points, -120

Denver +10 and OVER 17