Little Help From You Draftniks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by dabrowsk1, Apr 23, 2007.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Figured I would put it in this forum since one of you guys would be most likely to know, at least I hope you will.

My sister is getting married this Saturday, so I will miss the first day of the draft. Do you guys know of any service that will send me a text on my phone with the Jets drafts picks? Is there any such thing? Someone mentioned something of this effect to me, but I am looking for some more details.

Thanks guys.

#1 dabrowsk1, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for but last year I couldn't get to a TV, so I downloaded some ESPN mobile application for the month to keep me updated. It was just some general ESPN thing, not draft specific, but it kept me updated on what the current status of the draft was. I think it's like $5 for the month so it's no biggie. Just remember to uninstall the application to remove it from your phone before the month is over so that you don't accidentally pay for the next month as well.

3. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Wasn't ESPN mobile a disaster and discontinued. If not that might be a possibility.

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Well ESPN mobile the phone serive was. I have verizon and you can download on of their applications from their webstore (I'll see if I can check for a name).

EDIT: Dammit nevermind it looks like it's gone because verizon's swallowed up all non-game applications to be used from their mobile web browser thing. Sorry man, I wish I could help but it looks like this thing is gone.

#4 MobiusOne28, Apr 23, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

two years ago I had to use the web function on my phone to access espn, which listed all the draft picks - not exactly what you were looking for, but it means you can get the info via your phone. I also wouldn't be surprised if you signed up for Jets updates via the website, that they wouldn't text you our picks.

6. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i think newyorkjets.com does it. If u look at the contest submission thing for the LCD TV, on the right side there is an option "Free wireless 2007 Draft Alerts" and it asks you for your phone number and carrier. Not totally sure what that means (will it be the actual picks or just useless news leading up to the draft) Hope this helps!

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Sprint has nfl mobile, which should have all the draft updates...if you don't have sprint and can't find anything else, you can just go to a draft specific web site on your phone's browser...that's what I used last year in combination with the radio...make sure you sign up for a month long internet package, usually $5 (verizon) - $15 (sprint) for the month...one day of surfing charges per kilobyte will cost way more, so definitely add the browser package for the month and cancel before the next month.

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

one of my best friends got married back in 96 on draft day when they took keyshawn.

was in the wedding party but managed to find a comfy seat at one of the bars for a good portion of round one.

after i saw the van dyke selection i threw the half full glass behind the bar, put a 20 spot down for the mess and got up in disgust. we all laugh about it now.

jil

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Exactly what I needed! Just signed up and I have a chance to win an LCD TV. I received a text that says I will get updates on the 28th and 29th. You are a life saver. Now I just hope they don't screw up.

Thanks again!