Liestrong

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

So they're basing it off emails that he had with another cheat in Landis? He passed all the tests and unless they show us what those emails say then I won't believe he cheated. This was all sour grapes by the French as far as I'm concerned. Until they can prove he cheated which is the way it should be then he's innocent.

3. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

His excuse is that he is tired...

LOL

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

With this man right here.

5. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

With all the drug cheats the guy that finished last in one tour might win it:)

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Like any other sport where titles get taken away, who cares? the races still happened like it or not.

7. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Sounds a bit like bountygate haha. Supposed "evidence" that these guys have. The dude has taken a ridiculous number of tests and come back negative in them all.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It is funny though how even though the bikes are better, the training is better and the athletes in better condition, the times for races like the tour de france have been getting steadily slower and slower as the testing for doping got better and better....

edit: this is an interesting statistical analysis (via a BBC podcast called "more or less" - a very good show if like 69.7% of the population you are interested in statistics) about the whether or not the tour de france is now clean - http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/moreorless/moreorless_20120721-2350a.mp3

#8 JetsUK, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  9. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

i hear there was mix up of samples it was neil armstrong caught and disqualified from being 1st man on moon, buzz aldrin is now the first man on the moon.

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

If he was innocent, he would have taken the fight to an independent arbitrator.

Face it, he is guilty and is using the phony excuse of tired to attempt to save his reputation.

11. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree.

In this case most of the other competitors have cheated too so why the witch hunt? How many of the last winners have been stripped?

I bet "Pound, Dick" is throwing a huge party today! That ass has wanted to bust Lance for like 15 years. Lance is no prince but the french have hated that he won with a passion. I for one do not think framing Lance is beyond a possibility here. They certainly could not catch him on a drug test.

By the way I think he probably cheated, I just hate the way they went about trying to catch him at all cost. After 15 years of fighting for his name I can see why he is tired and giving up.

12. kbgreen

Your right is does seem like old news!

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Apparently (according to the US cycling authorities) there were 10 of his former teammates willing to testify against him that he was effectively the ringleader of doping within that team.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

everyone cares - no-one respects Ben Johnson because he was a proven drug cheat. There is no proof here but his image is still massively tarnished and his ability to get sponsorship and endorsement deals must have gone down by a huge margin

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Please the USADA is a joke....

They're looking for scalps.

And considering Ben Johnson...is a joke. Carl Lewis who was awarded Johnsons Gold Medal, failed three drug tests in 1988, which the IOC covered up, and it was Lewis' allegations against Johnson when Lewis started getting his ass beat that lead to increased scrutiny of Johnson.

Like Baseball, the entire track community was into it at the time.

16. kbgreen

Landis and the others were cheaters too. So they got a bunch of other druggies to point the finger at the guy that they really wanted to blame. I get it. I think he probably did what they are saying but I do not know if he was the "ring" leader or since they were never able to catch him they convinced the others to turn on Lance.

The whole sport is cheating. How many legit winners have their been in the last 10 to 15 years?

17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'll go you one further - doping and cycling have gone hand-in-hand for over a hundred years. It's crazy. There's probably never been a clean rider ever.

Blood Doping in Cycling

18. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I took performance enhancing drugs so I could have unprotected sex with a prostitute.

Do I have to give my STDs back?

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't really get your point - my point was in response to a statement that no-one cares if people are subsequently stripped of titles/medals when held to have cheated - when that is clearly not the case - you cannot argue that Armstrong's image and legacy has not been hugely damaged by this - I don't know or particularly care whether its true or not but its obviously not doing him any favours.

20. reverseapachemaster

The "tired" defense is flimsy. With all the tests he passed, there's obviously some serious evidence he didn't want to come out, because he stood a good chance of otherwise winning at arbitration. Besides, it just fails in the face of common sense. The guy had cancer, survived, trained and won seven tours but he's too tired to sit around arbitration for a few days. Come on. Keeping it away from a final decision maker just means there will always be a question mark about the legitimacy and people are free to believe what they want.

The particular sting of Armstrong's doping allegations is his image of a guy who worked hard, got cancer, came back and did it all through hard work. There's no doubt the guy worked hard but the addition of chemical enhancement really sweeps the legs out from under his image that he's an icon of the American dream: overcame adversity to win it all by sheer will and effort. It also undercuts all the Livestrong messaging about being healthy and how eating right and exercise is the key to success.