Leo Williams worth

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Sep 25, 2018.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Since he is clearly not a top lineman and just a solid workable interior defender. What should or what do you think the type of contract extension to keep him here? I am not a Leo hater, but it is frustration when i watch players on other teams that play the same position as him clearly have more impact on plays then he does. Thoughts?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Trade him for Bell

3. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

He showed that he has a pulse in the Miami game and went back to the morgue in the Cleveland game, I am not seeing any reason for the excitement of him falling in the Jets lap a couple of years ago.
    I also don’t know if it is his lack of talent or the defense not giving him a chance to do anything due to the defensive schemes never releasing him from double teams.
    If the post game stats for him continue like this I see no reason to extend him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I like Leo, and he has played well, but all the top guys get double teamed but they still make an impact play or two. Leo just doesn't make any plays, despite being solid. I think he would demand a lot on the open market, so his agent may push for him to look at free agency. If the Jets can get him for less than top dollar, he should stay.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Let him go. He's just not worth that much. The supposed 90 million in cap number is really not accurate because it does not include what you would pay a really good Williams. I would rather spend $ on someone else. Seems like an excellent person and a team player, and Bowles is full of excuses for him, but I don't see anything from him on game day. And hopefully Bowles won't be here next year

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He needs to lose weight

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If Bowles is gone Leo might be worth more. I think he would be more productive as a 4-3 3t.
    Hard to define his worth right now.

8. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I dont know what the market for his position is, but he certainly isnt worth anywhere near Khalil Mack money.

Without knowing the market value, I cant really answer. I'm inclined to not pony up too much guaranteed money to bring him back.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

We've already taken up his 5th year option, so surely he is already accounted for in our cap figures for next season?

The real question is what sort of player is Williams? That is going to determine his value. He doesn't appear to be able to generate any sort of pass rush himself and I'm not sure he's ever going to generate a huge volume of sacks. However he appears to be good at getting pressure on the QB, if that's not a contradiction, and stopping the run. Doing the dirty work for others if you like. Hes a bit of an enigma.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

If we let him go then guess what position we will take with our first round pick ;)

stinkyB, Jets81, NYJalltheway and 3 others like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's their new Shaun Ellis..... now need a new John Abraham to rush from the outside to really make an impact

CotcheryFan and FJF like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great! Now getting another DL will become a top priority. SMH

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Williams was supposed to be the best player in his draft class, and when he fell to us at the sixth pick, we were told we got the steal of the draft. But in reality, Williams is an above average lineman, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a future Hall-of-Famer, or even a perennial Pro-Bowler. I wouldn't be upset if we signed him, but if his contract demands are outlandish, I'd also be ok with letting him walk.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Not a top lineman? Every single football analyst appears to disagree with you. Maybe you should start marketing your knowledge for a career

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

It seems early to be discussing Leo's next contract, and worth to the team. I'm going to wait until December.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Goddamit.

17. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

You also should be marketing your self for a career as a talent evaluator since you seem to know a shit ton more than all these talent evaluators that continue to call him one of the top interior talents in the league.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

And he needs a haircut too.

Only star players get to have a signature look a OBJ, Polamalu, Mathews etc. No one cares how 0 stats across the board despite playing 85% of the snaps scrubs look.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Despite all the good things said about him he seems like a selfish player to me.

He seems more interested in his image hence his 'signature' hairstyle and off the field marketability (tv commercials) than becoming the best football player possible for the New York Jets.

JMO

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holy mother of fuck do jets fans like to bitch

harts24, stinkyB, MoWilkBeast and 6 others like this.