legler82 versus Jets GM’s

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

One of those years one Jet GM will pick legler82’s favorite QB prospect right?

He loved Mahomes Mac screwed it up.

He then wanted Allen, Mac screwed up again.

He now likes Fields and at some point when Jets still was winless he chose Fields over Lawrence. Now Joe D is picking Wilson.

Dang!

Will legler’s luck turn one day? If so, when?

legler82 likes this.
  2. Brook!

Wilson gives me Bo Callahan vibes. I want Vonte Fields!

Fields no matter what!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Brook!

@legler82

Come over here chief! When will your misery end?

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Not this year.

PJ4Ever, Noam, legler82 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Brook!

@legler82

Report to this thread boss. :)

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I have a feeling he won't be wrong this year either.

7. Brook!

Same.

I feel like Wilson will spend half his time on Injured Reserve while Fields show a Watson type impact for another team.

I hope Joe D goes with Fields.

Every football guy I trust here on TGG plus twitter go with Fields. I hope Joe D doesn't screw this up and go with Fields

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This is depressing.

9. Brook!

But give us hope please.

Apparently Joe D is taking Wilson.

What is his floor what is his ceiling?

10. legler82

FTR I don’t think Wilson will be bad; I just think Fields has the higher upside. I’d love for us to land the potentially best QB in the draft for once. If JD picks Wilson, I at least have faith that he will do everything thing in his power to make sure he doesn’t turn out like Darnold. So it’s not as doom and gloom as in prior drafts.

Jets-N-Terps, PJ4Ever, AJW and 3 others like this.
  11. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

This.

While we can question the quality of some of the moves, by last year's additions of Becton and Mims in the draft and McGovern/Fant in FA, plus this year's signings of Davis and Cole, JD has already done more in the 14 months leading up to the selection of the young QB than Macagnan ever did.

Let the record show that JD has already invested more 1st/2nd round picks on non-QB offensive players in one draft than Macagnan did in five. He's also already taken more OL in the first four rounds than Macagnan did in five years of drafting. As long as Douglas takes 2 non-QB offensive players in the first 4 rounds, he will have matched the amount Macagnan did in his entire tenure.

PJ4Ever, AJW, dawinner127 and 6 others like this.
  12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Well if it makes you feel any better he also liked Luke Falk and compared him to Tom Brady LOL and Hackenberg and Jarred Stidham. So I think it’s not the end of the world taking Wilson over Fields

#12 Rockinz, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    PJ4Ever, Falco21, AJW and 4 others like this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

being a jet fan ...smfh....

the cynicism is so strong that it borders on fans wanting us to fail just to justify their collective bitterness....

we got behind pennington, chez, sam...now we get behind the new guy and hope... no more, no less

Falco21, patleahy, NCJetsfan and 3 others like this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Brook, relax. Read the SI article that NC posted. If the Jets take Wilson it won't be because they didn't do their research. And it sounds like he will have input from many within the organization.

I don't understand how you can be that nervous that paid professionals who have made a career in football might not pick the player an internet message board member is banging the drum for. It makes no sense.

PJ4Ever, Leicester Jet, AJW and 2 others like this.
  15. Brook!

Well bickety you give me hope as well now :) I didn't read the article. I trust Joe absolutely. But I trusted Mac too. I got burnt. I admit, Joe D's track record gives me much much more confidence but it doesn't take away from my respect for legler82. To me he isn't just another poster. When it comes to college QB's, he is one of the elite evaluator. Now. Doesn't mean I don't value what NC says or Rockinz say or you REVISion say about Wilson. You guys give me hope too.

Listen man. I am a stupid ass Jets season ticket holder. Jets are my only pro American team. Got no interest in NBA or NHL or MLB or MLS. For me Jets it is. My winters are depressing when Jets are bad. I want to enjoy good seasons, I want to go to play off games. It has been 10 freaking years now. I just want a good QB for God's sake. Be it Fields, be it Wilson. I hope both are very good and my worries are baseless.

Peace my friend :)

NCJetsfan, dawinner127 and themorey like this.
  16. Brook!

Thanks man. Not every pick will hit absolutely but he has a good track record in my eyes :) Let's see if he is on the right QB this time as well.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If he was that good he'd be getting paid to do it for a living

All I want is the Jets to be a winning team. I follow the Yankees and the NY Rangers and I've seen both teams win championships (granted the Rangers was a long time ago.) My greatest Jets moments are AFC Championship games. So I'm right there with you. The suffering is real.

The thing that separates JD from the past few bozos is that he has a very clear plan and vision for the Jets. I liked his first draft and I liked his coaching hire. I felt his hands were tied with Sam. If Sam had played even half way decent football last season we wouldn't be in this position. People say he made a career defining choice in trading Darnold and (presumably) drafting a rookie. Well sticking with Sam and not drafting a rookie in a draft with some pretty good prospects would also be career defining. He had to make a choice and he made it.

I'm fine with either Fields or Wilson. I think JD has a clear favorite but I'm not sure he would override his staff if they all were lobbying for Fields. Both come with risks. I really do trust not only Douglas but the coaching staff to pick the right guy and set him up for success.

Keep the faith!

AJW, ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  18. legler82

I didn’t like Luke Falk at least not for the Jets. I hate Brady and not a fan of statues like him. Brady was a 6th round pick. I felt his play style was like Brady. It was obvious looking at he modeled himself after Brady. I think he confirmed that too. I had this feeling he’d go to the Pats and play behind his idol. I tried to find rationale Hack cause I knew he was tied to us.

In terms of QBs I like that haven’t “panned out” it’s been: Wentz, Mariota, Brissett, Stidham, Driskel...etc. (weird a couple of those guys went to NE). As you can see I have a type. I value athleticism at the position. I don’t put the same weight on projected mid to late round picks but you are free to.

19. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Well to be fair.. if you bet against the Jets making the right pick you usually win ;)

themorey and Brook! like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

@legler82 if the Jets draft Wilson will part of you be hoping he fails? dont lie