Le’Veon Bell trashes Andy Reid on Twitter

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by statjeff22, Jun 14, 2021.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Le’Veon Bell made a post on Twitter saying that he would retire before playing for Andy Reid again. He followed up saying that it was because of something Reid said to him. Now his third straight team that he has trashed on his way out the door. The Honey Badger replied with a big diss about him being the kind of person who blames everyone but himself for his problems.

Guess what, Lev, it wasn’t going to be an issue anyway, since you haven’t been any good for years, and the Chiefs had no intention of bringing you back. Hard to see any team wanting to take on a player that combines poor play with this kind of nonsense, so I have a hunch that his career is over.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Not a good look for Bell. Reid is a highly respected players coach. Sitting out a year was the worst thing for his career.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Do not sign this beast

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Never sit out a year in the Not For Long league.

dmw likes this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He said it was because of what Reid said to him (which he wouldn't reveal.) Any guesses as to what Reid said?

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"That's MY Cheeseburger!"

MoWilkBeast and Losmeister like this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i'm slow cos I'm fat...how bout you?

ukjetsfan likes this.
  8. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

I am happy we do not have these pathetic players on the team (Adams/Bell) both were loud mouth and disrespectful.

I know Adams was a fan favourite for somw but I find this type of 'loud mouth leadership' annoying.

I want professional players that take ownership of the team success.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was wrong about Le'Veon Bell. During his holdout with Pittsburgh I created a thread on how bad I wanted him. He went from looking like one of the best dual threats I've ever witnessed as a future HOF RB; to looking like a Frank Gore washed up player overnight once becoming a Jet. And then I thought once escaping Mr. HB dive Adam Gase that he would explode in Kansas City but then Andy Reid wouldn't even let him see the field.

He was hungry with Pittsburgh. I think the $ got to his head and he mentally checked out because @ only 29 years of age the talent should've still been there (however RBs age over night at times).

He's probably done as an NFL player.

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

"Go play chess!"

11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm so glad I don't belong to social media. Just invest wisely and retire at this point.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Andy Reid responded to Le'Veon Bell with class and killed him with, kindness.

"I really enjoyed my time with him here," Reid said Thursday. "I appreciated the way he handled things and did his business. He had some productive downs for us. But I'm pulling for him in the future. That's how I roll. People say things. They say stuff. I move on and wish him the best."

Awesome comeback.

If Belichick (280 wins) ever passes Shula (328 wins) for #1 All-Time? I hope Andy Reid (221 wins) ends up passing them both while riding his horse in Patrick Mahomes.

Bill: 69 years old.
    Reid: 63 years old.

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

When I argued Lev was a bad signing by the Jets, I got crucified by many on this board. Neglecting his off-the-field issues, the Steelers are no dummies when it comes to managing player contracts. Don't feel bad, the Pats did the same dumb thing with AB. If the Steelers don't want to pay a guy, you probably shouldn't either.

At this point, the best future I see for him is a 3rd down back. Lev welcome to the NFL Running back reality.