Lawrance vs Fields. Which one better for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Who you like for the Jets in 2021 Draft?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2021.
  1. Lawrance

94.5%
  2. Fields

5.5%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

It’s obvious we are picking in top 3 in 2021 draft. If somehow we end up with the first pick, who would you pick first overall?

2. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Would have to go with Lawrence...But there’s still a lot of football to be played and I haven’t give up on Sam just yet.... Will have to see how the rest of the season plays out but I’d be more inclined to trade the pick and get multiple first and second rounders...The Jets just has so many holes... First thing we need to do is get a decent coaching here ..I’d like to see someone try to fix Sam Before giving up on him.. With multiple pics we could fix a lot a holes

barfolomew likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The choice at 1 is a no brainer, it’s Lawrence all day. It becomes interesting if the Jets are at 2 or 3 Darnold vs Fields will be an interesting debate but too much uncertainty to be answered right now.

REVISion likes this.
  4. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

If we are talking about trading the pick - how many different teams do we think will be needing a qb? Possibly carolina, Washington, maybe Jacksonville? Maybe Atlanta, Pitt, Minnesota? How many top picks could we get? I need to look forward to something for the rest of the season.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

We should be able to get at least what we got for Adams two first rounders + Second and third round help

6. Cromartie's_kid

Oh I would hope for significantly more.

7. Attackett

Trading the 1st pick should not be an option, Jets would be the laughingstock for the entirety of Lawrence’s career if they did.

Getting the 1st pick would be the biggest Jets win since beating NE. I’m hoping for it at this point but not counting on it.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It’s sunshine all day.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I would be pissed if we went into the 2021 season with Fields over Sam. TL over Sam is a different discussion.

jilozzo and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  10. Brook!

Where is @Br4d our resident QB guru?

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

If we have the first pick, Darnold played poorly enough to get us there. You have to take Lawrence and weapons for him with first 3 picks. Splash OL signing may be the safer way to go.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I hung up my QB scouting hat after we drafted Sam. Seemed like it was a pointless exercise. The way things are going it’s looking like I may need to put it back on. Fields as of last year throws the ball late a lot, a trait (clutch the pearls) Geno had. Important to note it was his first year starting so his processing may speed up this year. Haven’t watched him this year. I have no thoughts on Trevor. The last full game I probably saw of him was like early in in his freshman season.

ColoradoContrails and Brook! like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It depends how far a team would need to move up. If Carolina wins many more games, they may have to give up more than two firsts, a 2nd and 3rd to move up. I believe they covet Lawrence. Rothlisberger could retire after this season. Pittsburgh would probably have to trade up a lot further, but would they be willing to give up what they would have to give up to get Lawrence?

15. Cromartie's_kid

You mean mason Rudolph isn’t the answer?

I think Pitt would have to trade a ton as they’d likely be moving up from late in the round which is a huge deal trade chart wise anyways. Teddy B may just earn himself more time at the helm if he continues to have good play but we will see.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets had the 1st pick in 1997 and Peyton Manning bowed out of the draft on pace to graduate in the spring of '97. He had another year of eligibility and he went back to school and played it out.

I would not be surprised if Lawrence did the same thing, although the whispers over the years have suggested that it was Archie Manning who did not want Peyton with the Jets. Bill Parcells to that point had a very mixed record with QB's, winning with whomever he had available and not particularly valuing the QB position over other areas on the team.

17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Let’s hope we don’t need to draft Arch Manning in 2023.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Lawrence will more than likely be a good pro.....BUT....if we do have pick #1 it really is a very very difficult decision to make for the GM....

that pick will be coveted by 2-3 teams in the top ten and they will pay a ransom. bidding only starts at 2 first rounders, perhaps 3. shit the jets could look at having 3 1st round picks in BOTH 21 and 22. of course we already have Darnold, so what to do.

even drafting with average success - we could draft 6-8 new quality hi round starters in the next 2 drafts with the compensation from adams and trading the #1 pick.

package that roster turnover with darnold and u just might be better off then just taking lawrence - who may not want to be here.

darnold needs to be signed and with the performance to date, he is not breaking the bank - which would benefit us moving forward cap wise to hopefully resign a few of those hi picks.

this could set up the jets, dare i say it, for long term success.

19. Attackett

Couple things, Peyton would’ve played for Jets if Parcells gave him the guarantee that he would draft him. Parcells wouldnt and we all know the rest.

Sure Trevor could go back to school since he would have a year left of eligibility. Being that he would have already graduated and he has already said this will be his last year I seriously doubt he will.

joe and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Brook!

Some talking heads on ESPN Radio said Fields might be the better of the two. What gives?