Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

That was NOT a td. Hands and wrists are not body parts that label you down.

Its elbows and knees. He had one foot in, then his elbow come down out of bounds, then his second foot came down. NO TD.

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This drives me nuts everyday. That helmet to helmet to Sanchez came on 3rd down right before the field goal attempt in the 1st quarter. So that was obviously a poor call, and could have cost points.

This team has more "Blocks in the Back" than I've ever seen in my entire life. I guess that's what you get for being on Hard Knocks, and many of your games on prime time.

3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Forearm is considered.

4. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

It was really, really close. It looked like his knee came down in bounds at the same time his forearm touched out of bounds.

At the very least, it was worthy of a challenge.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It used to be that but according to one of the commentators in a game a few weeks back, they changed that rule to include the forearm.

But he had 1 foot and a little above his wrist...IMO, there is no way the ref on the field would call this a TD....even if it was, they look @ the feet and would let the Pats challenge.
    Instead, they discuss it at length and call it the other way.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

No clue if someone mentioned it, but there was a play where Wilfork (IIRC) held onto Mark's leg/knee long after the play was over. During the game, I was saying it non-stop - bunch of f***ing crooks always trying to abuse/manipulate the system.

But as OP said, not the reason we lost.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Rex said in his post game that he didn't challenge because the guys upstairs told him it was a TD. I think the Jets would have had a hard time getting that call because I don't think it would have been overturned. I'm ok with it because I think you have to go with the offense on a play like that. I always say when in doubt side with the offense, if it was so close they couldn't decide I take no issue with them awarding a TD.

8. ex-jetsfan

ex-jetsfan New Member

I'm watching the game again now and I just saw the helmet-to-helmet hit on Sanchez. It was the result of Brandon Moore (#65) pushing Banta-Cain into Sanchez. That's probably why the officials didn't call a penalty.

9. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I blame the loss totally on bad officiating.

10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

As the game progressively got out of hand and people were calling for cheap shots on Brady I realized there was no way that would happen, because quite honestly, nobody seemed to care...

11. Jets4lyfe

Jets4lyfe Member

The officiating obviously made a huge difference in the outcome.

12. Even a pro-Jets crew wouldn't have kept this from being a blowout.

But let's consider this. When the Pats are struggling, they get the calls. When they are playing well, they get the calls. I'm sorry, but last night aside, you expect the Pats to get every call, every game.

13. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

Come on guys. Not the refs were against us card. Every team goes thru this. I admit they're were some calls to the Pats favor, but to even consider favoritism towards the Pats is a little overboard.

14. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

That is a joke right?

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

pretty much, yeah

16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I'm not joking. The patriots played awful and the refs cost us the game.:mad:

17. Yep...

What it comes down to is, teams have been calling out the league for a pro-Pats bias for years. The Ravens and Suggs a few years back. The Lions. Even the other darlings, the Colts. The list covers much of the league.

This isn't a Jets thing. It's a Pats thing. The Pats get the calls, week in and week out.

18. Well, people can go overboard and suggest that because the Jets got whooped last night, that negates legitimate critiques of a pro-Pats bias from the league, or people can choose to be rational and look what teams all across the league have been saying for years.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

When have you ever seen the whistle blown and flags thrown for a false start...and then have the refs come out and say "there is no flag"?

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

That call was when there was a blown snap? Brady was completely surprised by that snap. I couldn't believe how horrible that was....... That said

The reffing this year is bad for each and every team. I do not recall refs being as bad as they are this year. The NFL really has to consider firing a ton of them and developing some others. That or change the crews around ....... something it is just awful.

Again that is not just for the Jets it is for all the teams. I think I have seen bad calls all around.