Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Did anybody see how Ihedigbo got injured? It was kind of dirty, the OLineman basically kneeled all his weight down on Ihedigbos leg when he was down. Not to be spiteful, we sucked.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

There is absolutely nothing to be said about the officiating last night. They had absolutely zero affect on the game. To think otherwise is foolish

3. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

My firend i was watching the game said

"nobody cares cause its sanchez, if it was brady they woulda flagged the hell out of the jets" and he's right. If its brady or manning there will be flags. Big ben got hos nose broken, and no flag. sanchez got helmet to helmet, no flag. WTF. the officiating really sucks when you have the ability to see everything going on

4. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS! Agree with RT, did not cost us the game, and I'm usually the first one to blame the officials. But that was a remarkably bad no-call!

5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That was atrocious.

6. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

Referee #1- " No touchdown, both feet wernt down in the endzone, hes out of bounds."

Referee #2- " Call it a touchdown, were in New England remember! Plus Donald Trump is watching"

Referee #3- TOUCHDOWN!

7. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

R.I.F. :breakdance:

8. jonnyd

Why start the thread then? Its a complete waste of time. And three pages of comments on it is retarded.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Why discuss any aspect of the game then?

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean they didn't suck big hairy nuts.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yea, but you cannot talk about it because the Jets lost I guess.

12. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

The officiating, I guess thats what you'd call it was pretty bad last night. I dont understand how you let a play be snapped, blow it dead and then issue it a redo..... Most of these herrendous no calls came when the game wasn't out of reach.

I wouldn't say the refs cost us the game because they didn't but they definately helped in the process to embarrass us by not calling a fair game and let NE do whatever they wanted when they wanted without fear of being called for it.

Thats definately a nice chip on the shoulder to have.

13. jonnyd

fair enough, talk about it all you want. But talking about the coin flip would be more interesting

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They didn't show the coin flip so I don't know if we won and deferred or if NE won and took the ball.:eek:hmy:

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I rewound that....

Looked like a WWF move.

After replay though I wasn't sure if that was the exact injury....

The Pats really did Bully the jets around and THAT can't happen. That's one of the saddest things of the game, their intensity was at 11 and the Jets were at a 4.

16. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Maybe the best play the Jets D made all night, a play that could have been huge as the Jets D comes flying in at Tom Brady ready to kill him... Heck, maybe after that play we see who Tom Brady's backup is for the next 10 years..

BUT WAIT... WHISTLE!!!!! Ahhh never mind, do over.

And we can't even mention it?

17. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

duuuuude...

why is nobody talking about thattt!!!!! How was that not a flag?? I want an explanation!

18. jonnyd

hahah you can mention it. I conceded that already. But I hitnk youre scenario is a bit optimistic :beer:

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You make a great point, the Pats were trying to hit the Jets every which way, twisting knees, shots to the head, whatever. And it appeared to work as they had no answers.

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Then why be in the thread? Some people want to talk about officiating. Who are you to say they shouldn't?

The Jets D overcame 2 horrendous calls on the first drive and still held them to a FG.

Ellis was tackled on 3rd and long on the second drive. They would have been lucky to hit a FG from that area of the field. That's 7-10 points handed to the Pats on their first 2 drives.

Do you think being down 2 scores to the Patriots in their house that early has any effect on the rest of the game?

Then you hand them a TD when the guy is out of bounds. The ref standing right there initially signals no catch and is overruled. Granted they still might of got a TD there, but if the Jets hold them to a FG it would have worth something.

Do you think the game would have been different if we were down 6-0 at the end of the first? Maybe not, as the whole team played like shit, but as fans we still have the right to ask "what the fuck?"