Last Nights Officiating...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Did NOT cost us the game....absolutely not.

But....Let's talk about it.

How many years do we get to see the Pats get calls and Non Calls?
    Ironically, in the year w/ all the hemet 2 helmet crackdowns they allowed the Pats to get away with a ton of shit.

I'm going to have to rewatch the game to get the players involved but there was a point where they checked Mark's jaw out.
    Why?
    Because when you look @ it again you see a Pats d-lineman take his helmet and just flat out plant it in Marks face.
    He put his head down and hit him with it....NO FUKIN CALL.

and let's not mention Wilfork grabbing LT by the damn head and trying to twist it off...

Yet, @ a big point in the game, we get a nice return and they call a bullshit block in the back!

Also, on the TD that we should have challenged, the refs took a good 20 seconds to decide to call it a TD.
    Why? it's either a TD or NOT, what it there to talk about for 15-20 seconds?

again, it didn't cost us the game but it is annoying as fuk to see this shit happen.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The clothesline to Keller also.

3. NIJet

NIJet Member

I thought the same about the hit on Sanchez. couldn't believe the monday night crew showed it.. as in look what happened to Mark on this play and didn't think to mention it might actually be a foul.. one which would have extended that drive for us.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Fair points. It would not have changed the game. but damn. They missed alot of personal fouls. Wilfork on the sideline trying to elbow Smith in the head. Wilfork twisting LT's head around like a top. And just tackling Keller? Really? Come on refs, that is legal, just tackle the TE as he moves out?

5. Royal Tee

Ironically, last night Chris Collinsworth was just bitching about all the helmet hits the RAVENS were giving the STEELERS.
    And the hit on Miller, the head of officials said it should have been a penalty.

Funny, I remember last year in the playoffs, Ray Lewis got called for a H2H, which was a horrible call, that pretty much gave the COLTS the game.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well, the helmet to Sanchez's jaw did bounce off his pads.

But the call on Smith was bullshit...and it was a momentum killer after a nice return.

7. Royal Tee

That's not what I remember.
    You may be right but Like I said, I'm gonna have to rewatch it
    What I remember is Mark getting hit by one player and the next guy just lowering his helmet and cracking him in the face.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ask Ben Rothlisberger about gettin hit in the head.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Smith block in the back was the right call. He initiated contact in the back.

Wilfork is a scumbag. I saw him grab 3 people by the fucking helmet. Not once was a flag thrown.

How about early in the game when the Pats fucked up and the center snapped the ball too soon, Jets are running a jailbreak at brady because the offense wasn't ready and the refs just blow the play dead. We're all expecting the false start - nope, redo.

How about the play Brady thinks is a pass, but everyone else thinks is a run, another jailbreak and brady just throws it away with no receiver in site. No flag.

And I absolutely agree that the refs aren't the reason we lost. I was just annoyed with them last night.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

those are the two that pissed me off the most. Also lots of holding by their OL that didnt get called, although it never does...

Just out of curiosity, was there even a single flag that was thrown against NE last night? I certainly don't remember one... then again I didnt exactly watch the 4th quarter to closely...

11. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I agree with the OP. The officiating for the Jets this year has been HORRENDOUS to the point of ridiculous.

12. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

There were a couple. I remember an offensive pass interference penalty.

13. Royal Tee

Totally forgot about those 2!!
    I couldn't believe they just stopped the play because they snapped the ball...wow.

but afa the Block in the back, he was behind him but didn't hit him @ all in the back.
    When they showed the replay he reached for him on the side and actually reached for the front of his sholder/arm, after that the player dove to make a tackle...it was a total bad call....but again, I'll have to rewatch it.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

yeah,there was some blatant romanowski shit going on in plain sight last night.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I didn't think anything was wrong w/ the call on the KR but I need to check it again.

On the opening drive we are about to hit Brady and they blow the play dead and it's basically a do-over, a few plays later Brady throws the ball away in the pocket and no grounding call, Sanchez gets that ikllegal, late hit and no call and then on the Branch TD there was an illegal pick to get him free.

Those terrible calls set the tone but big time teams find ways to overcome that stuff, we are a fraud as of now.

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Not only was the Smith penalty on the KR bs, they didn't call the late hit on Holmes at the end of the play. I thought that what the flag was for, and when they called it against Smith... I pretty much gave a sarcastic laugh because that was how the game was going.

17. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

its the same shit every year

18. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

The officiating didn't seem any different from any other game I've watched this year.

It's been bad and is quickly moving into NBA territory.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

There were at least two nasty facemasks, not called.

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Every call could have went our way and we still would have been destroyed.