Last 5 Drafts: Who Did You Want?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

This is more of a fun retrospect type of thread.

For the last 5 drafts (first round only) who did you want the Jets to take before the Draft began? During if that player gone? And compare it to who we ended up taking.

If that sounds confusing, I'll start.

Who I wanted: remember we had two picks, Jonathan Cooper and Kenny Vaccaro
    During the draft: since Cooper was gone, I then wanted Warmack.
    Who we took: Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson

Cooper has become a journeyman, Warmack on a second team. Vaccaro is decent. Milliner not in the league anymore, Sheldon was good but on his second team.

Who I wanted: Odell Beckham Jr
    During the draft: Brandin Cooks, we were kinda in a dead zone. All the guys I wanted were gone.
    Who we took: Calvin Pryor

Beckham turned out to be one of the leagues best receivers. Cooks also turned out pretty good. Pryor isn't even in the league anymore.

Who I wanted: Amari Cooper
    During the draft: Leonard Williams
    Who we took: Leonard Williams

Cooper had a down year last year but looks to be a solid talent. As does Leo.

Who I wanted: Ronnie Stanley
    During the draft: Will Fuller
    Who we took: Darron Lee

Stanley is pretty good as is Fuller. Lee is up and down, but getting better. You see a trend here? I wanted an offensive playmaker!

Who I wanted: Leonard Fournette or OJ Howard
    During the draft: Jamal Adams
    Who we took: Jamal Adams

Fournette turned in an excellent rookie season. OJ was okay. Adams was great. Not much to complain about here.

For 2018, I have made it clear that I want Saquon Barkley. Will that happen? Probably not.

2. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

2017: OJ Howard and Fournette were the guys I wanted. Adams was 3rd so I wasnt mad about that

2016: Wanted Zeke early in the draft process, as that became unrealistic I wanted Treadwell. Was indifferent when we took Lee

2015: Amari Cooper
    Was kind of hoping for a trade back when we were OTC. Honestly didnt love adding another DL at the time

2014: Odell
    When Odell was off the board I wanted CJ Mosley. I was pissed when we took Pryor. I was way higher on HaHa.

2013: Tavon Austin was the guy I wanted. When he went #8, I wanted Eifert. Wasnt that mad when we took Milliner cuz we needed to replace Revis. At 13 I wanted Eifert. I was not happy with the Richardson pick

If we get Cousins I want Barkley, Nelson or Chubb

If we dont get Cousins i hope we move up for Darnold or Rosen

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

2013: DeAndre Hopkins
    2014: Derek Carr
    2016: Laremy Tunsil
    2017: Pat Mahomes

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

2013: Chance Warmack - We needed the o-line help and he was a huge reason Alabama's running game was so dominant.
    2014: Ha Ha Clinton Dix or Brandon Cooks. Clinton Dix was a can't miss and Cooks just looked amazing.
    2015: Amari Cooper - Another can't miss player.
    2016: No one I was excited about as a prospect for the 20th pick. Leonard Floyd maybe but no way was he coming close to 20.
    2017: OJ Howard. Wanted Dalvin Cook in the second round. OJ Howard is a dynamic TE who makes plays happen.

Yes, I am an Alabama fan. But tell me you would have been pissed we had Clinton Dix, Cooper, or Howard. Warmack would be looking pretty great right now compared to our o-line now.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

2013: Chance Warmack / Eifert
    2014: Derek Carr (Prodigal Son IMO)
    2016: Jack Conklin
    2017: Malik Hooker or Jamal Adams

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't know what happened to Warmack at the next level, really surprised he became a bust. 2013 was a bad draft for everyone IMO.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Really terrible draft. And of course it's the one we had two picks in the top 15.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Too depressing to think about considering we could be on the Eve of Destruction circa 2018 bad draft

I am so done with this team if Mac does not get a QB

Just absolutely astounding that ONLY one person so far picked a QB for 2017 (Mahomes)..,SMH

Like OJ Howard will get us to a SB ..don't get it

ColoradoContrails likes this.