Kristian Dyer: Tebow ‘couldn’t get a fair shot’ with Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Backup QB, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/2013/04/30/source-tebow-couldnt-get-a-fair-shot-with-jets/

I thought it was someone who isn't on the Jets anymore like Revis or Landry, but the last sentence makes it seem like they are still there. I purposely left out any references to the former Jets QB/Punt Protector here. Be warned that if you click on the link, there are references to him there that may upset you. Don't click if you don't want to see it.

Some notable excerpts:

“It’s done, it’s over, but it wasn’t good last year. What happened was that Mark became entitled because he was the only player on the roster who didn’t fight for his job,” the player said.

"... It means he’s the starter no matter what goes on and all that. I’m not saying Mark dogged it out there but it created this sort of entitlement mentality and Mark had his job no matter what..."

“You then have a bunch of his teammates saying, ‘Mark is our guy.’ Well, do they say that for an offensive lineman who isn’t doing well or a tight end or a receiver? No, the best man plays no matter what...”

This guy is probably going to be in trouble if they find out who it is, and it will probably be all over ESPN tomorrow.

2. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i am surprised this wasn't written my mehta...i am sure he just paid someone to write that article...sigh...

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just want to point out that there are at least four offensive starters from 2012 who are no longer on the Jets.

Dustin Keller, Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson, Shonn Greene

4. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

Eh, who cares? I don't think anyone thinks Tebow has no supporters on any team he's been on. From the players speaking out for or against him, it's clearly more against him. Regardless, this isn't a story at all and, oh yeah, Tebow's not a Jet, so it especially doesn't matter.

Non-story.

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Idzik said the last part and it was an offensive player...

I think its Moore.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I thought maybe Revis because of the way he left, and Landry because of some things he said on First Take.

EDIT: The last few sentences were from Idzik, so it could be someone who left.

#6 Backup QB, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

In the bold.

Article also said up top its an offensive starter....Moore is a FA and if he speaks out like this, he could ruin his chances of getting on another team by being perceived as a big mouth. Keller was Pro Sanchez so I think it was one of our guards.

8. BleedGreenDaily

More fuel for the media hahahahaha this is going to be a long year.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Yup, just realized that.

10. Br4d

The reporter attributes the statements to a 2012 offensive starter. I very much doubt that she would change the attribution other than accidentally.

11. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

In other news... Water is wet.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Oh, it's a story. If a current starter speaks out like that?

13. Br4d

In your head maybe. The way to avoid having it be a long year is just to avoid reading negative churn that has no purpose other than to sell product.

14. Br4d

They didn't say current starter though. They said offensive starter in 2012.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

The last few sentences are from Idzik.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I said "if" it's a current starter, but also clearly said it could be someone who left.

Anyways, read the article. I was just sharing it. I'm not providing any commentary to debate.

17. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

You obviously want it to be a big deal, hence posting it to support your boy.

- The Jets were in disarray last season.
    - Mark Sanchez was terrible.
    - Tim Tebow didn't get to start.

We know all of that. None of this is any new. It's more of a story if no players take up for Tebow because, while I am sure he is not popular with his teammates, having no friends on the team is just hard to believe.

Idzik was brought in to fix the issues. One of the issues was getting rid of the disruption that is Tebow. He did that. What a player thinks of a former player isn't a story, regardless of how much you want it to be. Go to espn.com or turn on NFL Network. They love talking about Tebow. They love your boy. It's not a story for them, either, and both love any excuse to talk about Tebow.

18. Br4d

The reasons the Jets are putting out there for Tebow not getting a shot are twofold:

1. He didn't practice well. It's hard to see him getting any chance at extended playing time if he wasn't doing a good job in practice. His rep has always been that he's not a good practice player. He looked horrible in training camp, which is of course the biggest extended practice of the year.

2. He was hurt and not dressed the day Sanchez came out for McElroy and still suffering the effects of the injury the game McElroy started.

Personally I wish they wouldn't use #2 above. If #1 was the issue then it was reason enough not to start Tebow later on.

19. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

So what. It is hardly breaking news that Sanchez has been losing support. His backers are shrinking to fewer and fewer on a daily basis. Hence, drafting Geno and bringing in a whole flock of QBs.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what players have spoken out against Tebow? the media criticizes his ability constantly, but you hardly here peep from players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.