Killzone 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jtuds, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

About to put in my preorder

Shoot fukers in da face all day! :mad:

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

You getting the PS Move Sharpshooter thingy?

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

L.A. Noire
    Twisted Metal
    Resistence 3
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Bioshock: Infinite

Can't wait.

5. Royal Tee

Hell no.

1- every demo I've seen there is a split second lag...
    2- It looks like my Ortho insect killer I use in the yard
    3- I'm not sold on move...

oh, and I wanna shoot fuckers in the face all day :smile:

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I wish it was coming sooner but we just got LBP2 and I still have to finish RDR so I guess I need the time.

7. BiG CHoPz

BiG CHoPz Member

I only have a 360, and a wii(mostly for my kids). No Ps3(YET!) A big reason why i want one is killzone and MLB the show, among some other good exclusives. From the videos of killzone 3 that i've seen on GameTrailers, it looks SICK.

Side note; My kids & wife love the wii, and Kinect. I see it as more of a casual thing. When i'm gaming i need a controller in my hand and my headphones on. I don't want to be gaming and sweating/working out at the same time, Lol.

8. Royal Tee

I was slightly disappointed w/MLB and played it for about a month but this was due to online lag.

What made KZ2 fun was it was one of the best online games of recent in terms of lag.

Gears 2, which IMO is one of the single player franchises absolutely failed, EPIC FAIL online. Gears 1 destroyed it online and 2 failed...such a bad turnaround.

KZ3 needs a few improvements. The game did get a little more lag after a few months, one reason was because even though you can select region the game allowed players from all over the globe to get into any server which was brutal @ 3am...

9. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

man this makes me wanna get a ps3

10. Royal Tee

Here are the only reasons to get a PS3, in no order and it's JMO!!!

1-You just have to have the PS3 exclusive titles
    2-You want a Bluray Player. It's still one of the better ones.
    3-You have a bunch of friends w/PS3 and you want to play with them.

Other than that, the XBOX offers a better overall gaming experience and is more polished.

If you compare the games, the PS3 has better hardware but the software designers have to spend uber extra hours because it is more difficult to design the games.
    Hence, you see better frame rates and sometimes even better resolution on the same games.

The online community on XBL just blows it away and it has nothing to do w/ free or pay. In Game chat rooms, music while gaming just a better online experience.

Also, the interface on the PS3 is a joke. Ironically the interface is very "windows" like with a folder like system...It's horrible. The XBOX interface just kicks the shit outta the PS3 in terms of the dashboard.

Also, Networking on the PS3 is a PITA if you do not setup according to their structure you get DNLA Errors.
    XBOX also incorporates itself as a Media Center Extender which absolutely owns.

Fact is, all the XBOX haters were saying "oh yeah, well just wait" when it launced and it's now been years and the PS3 still hasn't taken their system up a notch.

again, JMO...I have both and have been gaming since Pong. :smile:

#10 Royal Tee, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  11. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I got a PS3 because you can mod it in like 2 minutes with nothing more than a jump drive.

12. Royal Tee

That's kewl but Even getting free games only a few are worth it and doesn't negate the fact that the PS3 still hasn't uppped their game.

XBOX modding has been around since the original XBOX eventhough it's more difficult than a jailbreak/jumper mod.

I don't do either btw. :breakdance:

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Unfortunately, PS3 is shit for my favorite games due to stability issues. The only five reasons I would get one:
    1. Don't have to buy a Blue-Ray Player
    2. Little Big Planet(1 or 2)
    3. Uncharted
    4. Gran Tourismo 5
    5. Little Big Planet (It's fucking awesome, screw yourself if you think otherwise)

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I love MLB the show....man, I could kill 5 hrs just going through Road to the Show...and new for this year, you can use the PS3 Move controller as a bat in home run derby.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I have a modded Xbox 360...I was unaware that you can mod the PS3...but I'm all over it if my guy here is town can do it. 5 games for 40 bucks? Yes please...

#15 Jtuds, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  16. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Just do it yourself it's really easy. Takes like 2 minutes you don't even have to open the case or anything. It can also run emulators and unsigned code unlike the 360 mod. It's more like the original xbox mods.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Can you give us a tutorial and explanation of what modding does and also the benefits of modding?

download free games?
    movies?

let me know asap.

18. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

It let's you run homebrew, like SNES, N64, PSX, Genesis emulators. It let's you run back ups straight off your hard drive. You can either download them and ftp them over to your ps3, or borrow and rent and copy it directly to the harddrive from the disc using a back up manager. Right now they don't have a custom firmware for the firmware released today 3.56. They just got 3.55 so if you already updated you will need to wait for a new firmware to be made. If you are still at 3.55 or under you can follow this guide. It's a little outdated you don't need lvl 2 patcher pkg now it's built into the backup managers. Also the links probably lead to outdated versions so download elsewhere.

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-play-backups-with-kmeaw-cfwpsn-without-risk-of-brick

You would probably be better off just searching for Kmeaw 3.55 CFW installation on youtube. Just sort the search by most current most videos contain links to everything you need as well.

19. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

I used to have both a PS3 and an XBOX, but I sold the XBOX for 1 reason: they always break. Within 1 week my XBOX fucked up and then I had to send it off. Most everyone you talk to has had to send their XBOX off at 1 point or another. They are just poorly made, IMO. I've had my PS3 for over 2 years now and have never had a problem.

If someone was to ask me which to buy, I would certainly advise them to buy a PS3.

20. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Yeah but they extended the warranty to 3 years. They fixed their fuck up and that's a lot better than most companies would have handled it. Also the Jasper model 360s and the new slim 360s don't have the high failure rates. So I don't understand how you can claim that it's not worth having a 360 because they mess up.