KC Joyner - Sanchez no better than Henne

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Jun 2, 2011.

1. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=6616755

So I guess YPA is what makes great QBs, not playoff victories or clutch wins. Gotta love how he argues that Namath shouldn't be in the HOF since he only led his team to the playoffs twice and only had 2 winning seasons yet all Sanchez does is win and lead his team to the playoffs and is still knocked. If KC Joyner is a football scientist then I'm Albert Einstein.

2. tubby

tubby Active Member

When the Jets Patriots and Falcons were all 9-2, this idiot Joyner had the Jets and Falcons ranked 9th and 10th based on some stupid formula. When will people realize that football =/= baseball when it comes to stats.

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Uhh.... all of this stat analysis is bullshit. I really don't understand why that's an article that needs to be written.

4. 624

624 Banned

lol

filler

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i got to "why henne" and stopped reading

6. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I dont get why the fact that the Dolphins have beaten the jets 3/4 times is relevant, yet the fact that the Dolpfags havent made the playoffs isnt.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I like to watch my team in January too. Only one of these qb's plays at that time of the year.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

[​IMG]
    What QB is under center in this .gif?

9. dgonx

dgonx New Member

the stats he uses are accrued over the past two years, where henne had two fairly middle of the road seasons statistically and sanchez had a god awful first year and a much improved second. if he had used just the 2010 stats, i have a feeling (feel free to challenge me on this) that it would show sanchez pulling ahead. the whole reason that sanchez is more highly regarded than henne is because of the progress which the writer doesn't account for.

10. RMorin

RMorin Member

If you made me a GM and I had a choice of Henne or Fitzpatrick I'd take Fitzpatrick.

11. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I really dont care about the statistical analysis of Sanchez or Henny or whoever. I dont care if Sanchez isnt a fantasy player, as long as we win I dont care

12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Plus there's the fact that Sanchez is more highly regarded because he was a top-5 pick and an elite quarterback prospect, while Henne was an average prospect at best.

13. 624

624 Banned

When you include Fitzpatrick and Hoyer, Sanchez is probably the 5th best QB in the division.

/patsfans.com

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

if you had the choice, whe would you rather have QB the jets for the next 10 years....Namath (in his prime) or Sanchez? Almost gotta go with Sanchez.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

when you can put numbers on intangibles I'll listen to those that use numbers to analyze football.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kc Joyner more like gay c amirite

17. mystikol

mystikol New Member

4 year starter and a 1-year starter have similar college careers?

If he's merely comparing the success, then that's idiotic since almost every NFL QB had a good college career.

18. Revisoverrated

Kc Joyner is a racist. Only picking on Mark Saanchez because hes Mexican.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Considering that Namath only had 1 good season, you dont almost gotta go with Sanchez, you GOTTA go with Sanchez.

20. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

This is just wrong for so many reasons.

1 - He says that Henne doesn't have the weapons Sanchez has... Marshall and Bess are nothing to bitch about.

2 - Henne has been in the league 3 years to Marks 2. For young QB's, one year makes a huge difference. Chad has probably hit 90% of his potential by now while Mark is probably only at 75%.

3 - He's talking about Henne Battling rumors of being benched, while Rex is praising Marks success. Ahhh, yeah. 4 playoff wins, and 2 afc championships will do that. When Chad gets his team to the playoffs, he won't have to worry about being benched or cut anymore.

Why is it that ALL I fucking hear about Mark Sanchez is how he's SO over rated? Who is over rating the guy? Jets fans? Outside of Colin Cowher, I don't hear anyone overhyping the guy. He's getting his due, but it's all deserved. He gets bashed much more than he gets praised it seems.

Mark is a second year QB with a lot of promise. He's a leader, he's clutch, he wins, and he steps up big in the playoffs. That's more than most QB's can say, and thats a LOT more than Chad Henne can say. Mark's not a 100 QB rating guy with 30 TD's but not many 2nd year guys are. Matt Ryan made quite a nice jump in year 3-- lets see what Mark can do.

Chad Henne can suck my big cock.