Karlos Williams...RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Run_N_gun10, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

I don't know why & if fixable, Jets need to bring this RB in for a look over. I think I heard he's suspended for the first 4 games...Whatever, he's better & faster than any RB they have. He hurt the Jets last season & has good speed & catches the ball. Jets need upgrade at RB position in the worst way. Forte isn't going to last the season, he gets hurt alot. Gotta do it Jets.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

dude weighed in at 261 pounds at one point in training camp lol

it's gonna be a no from me dawg

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bring him in and get him on a diet. This dude can really move the chains if he drops 20-25 lbs.

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Great talent but i dont know if his mindset is in the right place.

jetsons121 likes this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing on taking a chance on a problem talent. Maybe we should, who knows. I know that some teams that draft at the end every year, never getting a shot at the top college talent, find some other way to stay on top. Belicheck took a shot on some troubled WR no one wanted to hire for having a horrible attitude, and dude went on the set the all time NFL TD record with Brady under center (before you say it was all Brady, Brady has thrown to 100 WRs before and a 100 since, and never came close to the Brady/Moss connection).

So sure, roll the dice. Trust Mac to write a contract that isolates our cap space if it doesn't work out. 2015 Karlos was a good RB, came into camp overweight (spent first 2 weeks of camp losing weight before clearing his physical). He has some other problems too.

But he has talent we could use, so there's at least a reason to bring him in. If not this season, then next.

jetsons121 and almbleamal like this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm a longtime FSU fan and although not as electric as D.Cook (#4) I absolutely love Karlos Williams powerful running style.

I'll admit he's a good 20 pounds overweight & facing a 4 game suspension but this kid can flat out run the ball ala putting up 517 rushing yards off of only 93 carries (5.6 yards per carry) to go along with 7 rushing TD's during his rookie year last season.

A change of scenery could be positive for Williams and a three headed rushing attack with Forte/Powell/Williams with Williams as our short yardage/goal line back would create for a dynamic trio and a difficult backfield to contain (let alone stop).

Low risk potentially high reward type of addition he'd be at the age of only 23.

7. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Look at it this way-- he has 4 extra weeks to shed the pounds.

8. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

Even if we wanted to pick him up, the chances that we'd be able to do so are pretty slim. The problem is that I think there are 18-20 teams positioned ahead of us in terms of preferential claiming rights. That means if we do try to claim him, we'll only be able to successfully do so if he's not claimed by any one of the teams in front of us.

#8 Altoona, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Can he jump out of a pool is what I want to know?

CBG likes this.
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

No. If you threw him in a pool right now in his state he'd prolly drown

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just picked up my i pad after laughing at this

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It was a reference to something from before your time here. Before the 2009 draft a video was going around with Jarron Gilbert Jumping out of a pool. A poster here was keen on drafting Gilbert after watching that video.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Can he play TE?

14. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I know, I remember that video and kinda figured you were referencing that. :)

Nothing directed towards you in my post

I saw that video actually on another board at that time but forget which one. I was on a couple of boards going back to the early 2000's, and I don't remember which ones. I started arguing over Chad, who I loved, and dropped off sport boards for like 10 years. Lol

#14 Walt White, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Hey Kool-Aid!

[​IMG]

TNJet likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Let's see...he's suspended for the first 4 games due to what, using an illegal substance? He weighs 260 pounds and is out of shape, doesn't know the offense, his previous team has already given up on him, and you think it's a good idea to bring him in and replace someone who has been here and knows their role? No thanks!

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

saw the news and came here to basically post what you did.

Williams is a stud in the making and would come pretty cheap. Forte is short term awnser who may not make it through this year let alone long term. Powell is just ok. Robinson is solid but cant be counted on for big carries.

Williams is dynamic and has a nose for the endzone. we currently have 0 guys who can take a short play a long way. he could be that. id take a shot

JetLifeLo likes this.
  18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

He's very talented but this guy is a cronut addict. NYC is the worst place for him.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Bet he could beat Milliner in the 40.

20. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Lmaoooooo