jumping through hoops.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by MisterBouncyBounce, Sep 24, 2009.

1. MisterBouncyBounce

MisterBouncyBounce New Member

this site is not worth all the hoops you have to jump through just to have the ability to see a link or post a link or make a new thread or see an image and who knows what other silly thresholds lay along the way.

ciao.

2. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

post more and u see more. its that simple

3. MisterBouncyBounce

i get the concept vin thanks.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

adios. Don't let the door hit ya......

5. MisterBouncyBounce

i just when to the graphics forum and saw a post requesting a header, so i go to reply and after typing out the following........ "hi i'm new to the site so i'm not sure exactly what's being requested. is the header for this site(meaning the forum), if someone could clarify i'd like to take a shot at the header.

are you guys interested in a whole new theme? i'd like to throw my hat in the ring for that, it be fun."

i get a message saying i need to have a 100 posts before i can post in that forum. how rude is that? i know its your site and you can run it as you please. but jeez.

6. MisterBouncyBounce

wow now i see i need 50 posts to be able to start a new thread in the jet forum..............LOL........ok whatever......toodle oooooooh, its been grand.........no really it has......see you soon.......i'll call you, no really i will.

7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

this board has been around for 9 years and every rule that we have here is for a reason... if it's too hard for you to comprehend, there are other Jets boards out there...

8. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

the reason for that is so that someone won't come here just to get a custom avatar and never come back again... if you register, we expect you to participate in discussions and as you start participating, 100 posts won't seem like too many...

9. MisterBouncyBounce

i know there are other jet boards out there and i comprehend the rules, surely you in turn can comprehend how these rules and restrictions start to become annoying as they show up unexpectedly..............like you go to write a long as post only to then discover you can't post it. its not a very warm experience for unsuspecting new members.

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

I do agree with you here. It's time to update the Rules page, which hasn't been touched in quite some time.

As for your question in another thread, you can't upload anything to the site no matter how many posts you have. You can only link images hosted elsewhere.

11. MisterBouncyBounce

with this post i'll have ten and i'll be able to see the link you posted.

so lets talk graphics, what kind of header are you looking for?

12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

something to replace what's currently in the upper left corner, something that follows the color scheme of the main website http://www.theganggreen.com/

It should be as tall as what's there now (maybe a little taller), as I don't want to give up too much space at the top.

13. MisterBouncyBounce

i can only isolate the green background image http://www.theganggreen.com/images/header-bg.png, the logo's url is hidden because of how its linked, so i can't tell how big the actual image is. i got a page not found error and it was the same logo only very large, i'm wondering if that is the logo as well and it is then scaled down by the css file. can you post a direct link to the logo image itself?

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator