Johnnys LOCK of the Week - week 2

Discussion in 'Crystal Ball' started by slowmoe57, Sep 18, 2009.

1. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

Great start 3-0 last week 1-0 on the lock

HERE WE GO

THE LOCK
    INDY -3 VS MIAMI
    Honarable Mention
    Atlanta -6.5 vs Carolina
    For the Parlay
    Buffallo -4.5 vs Tampa Bay

Atlanta may be an early trap game but I will take my chances

Good Luck everyone and enjoy the games.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pitt -3 Vs Chicago
    Indy -3 Vs Miami
    Jets +6 Vs New England

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Can you still get Jets +6?

edit:
    I like:
    IND -3 over MIA
    ATL -6 over CAR
    Jets+3 over CHEATS is my sentimental pick.

The rest of the games really scare me. There are 5 home dogs this week, Three spreads greater than a touchdown, and a good number of matchups between what I consider 'even' teams.

#3 JetFanInMD, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I don't know. My tickets are printed on mondays and handed out on tuesdays. That works well in the fact that if big injuries are not reported right away, like Mayo's knee, the spread can be big like the +6.

It works for me if there is a good team against a shitty one and the spread is still 13 when it could have gone down to 7. An example would be Polamalu going down, the Pit game is -3, but they didn't know about Urlacher's injury until after the tickets were printed so I bet they would have moved the spread up to -6. -3 Pit is good because I can see Pit killing Chicago's D without their leader.

The early lines are an interesting bunch.

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Indy -3
    49ers -1.5
    Pitt -3

6. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Who knows?

http://www.docsports.com/2009/public-action-report-386.html

New England Patriots (-3.5) at New York Jets (Sunday, Sept. 20, 1 p.m.) - I left this one for last even though it's out of chronological order because it's easily the most interesting line movement I have seen in the three years I have done this report. 72 percent of the bets in this game have been on the Patriots, the most public of teams, yet the line has dropped a full field goal from 6.5 to 3.5. That means that the books are essentially begging for action on the Patriots, and that makes the Jets very interesting. New England showed multiple vulnerabilities last time out, and they face a short week to address them. The Jets started strong, displaying a new and improved tone and attitude under new coach Rex Ryan, and they will be fired up to display that for the first time in front of home fans. Some people have clearly bet some serious money on the prospect of an upset here.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

http://www.jetsdaily.com/2009/09/week-2-nfl-picks.html

After a perfect 3-0 week one (albeit, a lucky one), I'm ready to take on week two. And don't worry, Jets fans, the Jets-Patriots preview will be up soon, though there will be a sneak peek at that in this post. I feel confident about these three teams, so let's try and make it 6-0.

Jacksonville -3 over Arizona
    Arizona does not look like the defending NFC champions. They look more like one of the many recent Super Bowl runner-ups suffering a disappointing follow-up year. Kurt Warner has not been himself, and receivers Anquan Boldin and Steve Breaston have both been banged up. The Cardinals have historically struggled playing 1:00 PM games on the east coast. Jacksonville wants to assert its physicality on teams and go back to what used to make them successful. Arizona will be a perfect team for them.
    Jaguars 24, Cardinals 14

New York Jets +4 over New England Patriots
    This might give away who I'm leaning towards in my preview that will be posted shortly after this, but I'm confident. Rex Ryan is right. The Patriots have a better head coach and a better quarterback, but other than that, every unit is either a push or in favor of the Jets. Will that be enough for the Jets to break the eight game losing streak at home to the Patriots? Maybe, maybe not, but it should be a close game. I could see the Patriots winning by three or four, which would be a push or a split, or a Jets win, which would obviously be a cover. My prediction will come in my upcoming preview post.

Cincinnati Bengals +9.5 over Green Bay Packers
    The Bengals have the makings of a surprisingly good defense. A healthy Carson Palmer has a game under his belt, while the Bengals figure out the best way to use weapons Chad Ochocinco, Laveranues Coles, Andre Caldwell, and Chris Henry. The Packers did not look particularly good on Sunday night. They should bounce back a little at home, but the Bengals should come out motivated after losing a heartbreaker at home as a live underdog that can win both a defensive struggle and a shootout. The Packers should win, but Cincinnati won't go away easily.
    Green Bay 28, Cincinnati 21

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

give me Baltimore +4 at SD. The Chargers are so banged up I can't see them beat that defense and joe Flacco.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I went 7-9 overall (picked against NYJ and for MIA among other mistakes), but 1-0 on my best bet which was Minnesota covering against Cleveland(wasn't posted by me in a thread, but it was the lone game I used vCash on).
    My best bet for Week 2 is Rams +10 at Washington.

10. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

3-0 DAMN 2 weeks in a row -- 6-0 sesason 2-0 on the lock
    Thank you Payton Manning and the Ghost of Dick Curl.