Joe Namath Golf Outing

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by penny10jet, Nov 13, 2006.

1. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

About a month ago, i was invited to play in a celebrity golf outing at Bethpage golf course. My friend, knowing what a huge Jets fan i am, invited me but never told me who was going to be there. I just went so i could play Bethpage. But anyways, when we get in the car my friend gives me a little book that summarizes the outing. On the cover it says, "Joe Namath's Charity Golf Outing." I started freaking out thinking i would get to say old Joe in person. When we arrive, not only was i aloud to shake Broadway Joe's hand, i was in his foursome! It was nuts. I played 18 holes of golf and ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the greatest Jet to ever live(debatable). It was spectacular. One of the most exciting days of my life. The guy was so down to earth. He was asking advice on his kids and telling us about them. Such a great man. At the end of the night, at dinner, I handed him a football to sign, i never told him my name because we never got too personal in our conversations, but sure enough he knew it and he wrote a comment on a joke I made. He wrote, "Dear Mike, best wishes and good luck on your golf game-you need it. And by the way, your joke, not that funny, i was just giving you a pity laugh." Pretty sharp for an old man. And just to let everyone know, there was a bucket of beers right next to our table, and he didn't touch one. Really just an amazing experience.

2. dankingfish13

dankingfish13 Member

Great story. One you'll remember forever.

3. slowmoe57

slowmoe57 New Member

did you play the Black cource --
    either way that was a dream day --

4. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Yeah...we played black. The tournament course and it was in tourny condition...spectacular