Joe Douglas pre-draft presser

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Apr 20, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If Lamb is on the board then Lamb should be the pick by this logic. Also I think half of this board might jump off the GW after reading “best player available”.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Derick Brown here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Interesting if this is true - there are some draft experts that think Brown and Simmons are 1-2 ....but JD can also be saying "the best payer available for the position we're looking to fill".

#3 BomberJet, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Did he run down his top 20 big board and highlight his targets?

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I guess I need to brush up on the second best Defensive Tackle that will be there at number 11.

SMH

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Red Menace

There are different BPA on teams boards, at least we know he has a different grading system for players.

#6 Red Menace, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    SOJAZ likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I started this thread thinking that there was going to be more to it than this but all he said was a whole bunch of nothing. He said the plan is still to make jamal a Jet for life, he’s going to touch base with Jamal after the draft, he has no intentions of trading players during the draft, their board isn’t going to be set until Thursday, he doesn’t care about Becton’s weed pop and that’s about the only things he said of value.

NYJFOREVER, FJF and Red Menace like this.
  8. Red Menace

Thanks, I had a feeling Becton was going to get a pass from teams, especially OLine needy teams.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. IMO that tenet has to be tempered with need. Otherwise, you wind up signing mediocre players in FA to fill important positions and wind up drafting a DT every year.

10. NCJetsfan

I don't think that will happen, if for no other reason, some team that picks ahead of us will most likely take him, but if it did. That would make me question Douglas in a big way.

11. Jaybranch23

Jaybranch23 Active Member

There’s an irrational part of me that would love to see the Jets pick a DT - not Brown, but the kid from USC - for just the most Jet moment ever and see everyone just lose it (it would surpass Jeff lageman or Roger Vick).

I’d obviously be upset 2 minutes later - but the spectacle of that going down would be crazy. It would cement that the jets are a doomed franchise

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Until he makes the pick in 3 days, I'll assume that he's saying that to avoid tipping his hand.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

If he takes defense at 11 he deserves to be fired. You protect the QB and you give him weapons, that is how you win in this league.

Sam right now is set up for failure, drafting Henderson or whoever doesn’t help that situation.

Unfortunately I already have most of my angry ( fire joe) draft rant written. I am praying that I don’t have to post it.

The odds of this night turning out happy for us is greater than it has been in a long time. The odds are in our favor to end up with a player we like or can at least accept. Which is why a defensive pick would be so backbreaking.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Red Menace

Of course, but it wouldn’t be the Gang Green if we didn’t have a little fun being over dramatic!

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Too late! I already jumped!:eek:

6-10 once again likes this.
  16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Or maybe he set his board based on weighing need vs talent, then BPA would be appropriate.

17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

BPA... where is my gun!

18. NCJetsfan

If he sets his board based on weighing need vs. talent, no DT would be the pick. Derek Brown is very talented and a great prospect, but he's no more of a great prospect than Jeudy or Lamb, and if he figures in importance of position as he should, there's no way that Brown would be the pick.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Come on guys, relax and enjoy the ride. What in God green earth did you expect him to say? I will be picking the best player in a position of need in the first 3 rounds and depth after that? LOL. As if the competition doesn’t already know what we desperately need. Not the time to give us anything meaningful at all.
    We should expect nothing of value whatsoever coming out of his mouth before the draft that would tip his hand, and if he did we might not have the right GM.
    I trust he knows his board by heart by now and along with his staff and coaching will run the final “what if” scenarios between now and then. My biggest fear is him stressIng over this whole virtual remote draft crap which could cause any GM, never mind a first year rookie nothing but serious trouble. If his network tools are anything but perfect especially while trying to trade or on the clock I’ll die. There is no room for error, not like having some helper running the card up to the podium with the clock running.
    So he really has no time to entertain answering more Adam whining questions this week. He s got much larger issues in front of him. Give them hell JD.